You wake up in 1991

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
In no particular order, Hopefully be able to attend a Queen concert while Freddie Mercury's alive, begin preparations to invest in yahoo, Google, facebook, etc.

Uhm... If there's a younger me out there, make with some advice.

Just brace for the future, and stuff.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
I know I'd show up to all the sick death metal gigs they had back then. Deicide, Carcass, Sepultura, At The Gates... ahhhh. Honestly though, I'm not sure. There'd be stuff to do, but it's alot different today in terms of technology and the like. I'd certainly buy the game consoles of the time though, that'd be alot of fun!

Rabbitboy said:
Well I would say using my future knowledge to get stinking rich.
But in reality I would likely flip out, cry like a little ***** and go insane.
Yeah, actually, that'd be likely for me too. Yeesh, times like this you realize how fragile the human mind is.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Boris Goodenough said:
Keoul said:
-2001 help in 9/11
Why not prevent it? Avoid decades of war and misery and hopefully make a more peaceful relationship between the west and the middle-east?
What if preventing it turns out to be much worse consequences? History is the one thing you can't armchair quarterback, especially when dealing with world shaping events.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Seeing as I would be 4 years old...?

Probably just ace everything in school, and not change too much until I turned 18.

I'd quit McDonalds MUCH sooner
Finish my degree instead of being forced to drop out
Get a degree in a field I enjoy working in, instead of the one I was working towards

And apart from a few personal changes...

Predict a large lottery
Bet on a lot of upset sporting events (World Cup example was used a LOT)
Use that money to move the FUCK out of Ohio

Live happily ever after?

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
I'd do my best to not affect the world in any way. I'm aware that I cannot predict how my actions could potentially have a much large effect then I could possibly imagine, even seemingly mundane actions.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
zen5887 said:
What do you do?
Having thought about this for a few days, I think I have a few answers. Now, for the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that you wake up in your adult body in an unfamiliar place (but maybe close to where you were when you fell asleep in the future) because that's what your post leads me to believe.

1) I would immediately find two people who are good friends of mine right now (and who I know are around the same place in 1991) and explain exactly what my situation is. They don't know me in 1991 (because I'm three years old and living half a state away) but I know them well enough to know they'd help me out if I explained what was going on. Also, one of them worked for the government in 1991 and could help me get some fake identification so I could at least get by. I'm to understand it was a different time in the 90's.

2) Use knowledge of the future to support solar and wind power, because FUCKING CLIMATE CHANGE. I reiterate this point later, but preventing climate change as much as I can would be my number one goal.

2b) If at all possible, I would find Carl Sagan and explain my situation to him, too. Because Carl Sagan was awesome. Also, after explaining how things are going to be in fifteen years, I think he would be more than willing to help me in my goals.

Other than that, I'd live my life as normal. I'm not entirely certain that I'd go and meet my family for awhile; not because I don't think they wouldn't believe me (I could prove who I was very easily; I have a very distinctive and easily identifiable birthmark, and my family has always believed in weird things), but because everyone in my family growing up were bastards. I might go and see my grandfather, but I don't know if I would go and see anyone else until at least 2000.

List of things to prevent.

1) FUCKING CLIMATE CHANGE. I know 9/11 was bad, and I know the aftermath was worse, but that is NOTHING compared to what climate change is going to do. As much effort as I possibly could possibly spare would go to doing everything in my power to

2) The Neo-Conservative movement, in the United States, because that's what led to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. And I wouldn't just stop this because it's the right thing to do. I have a personal stake in it; one of the most decent people I have ever met was killed in Afghanistan. Being as Bush won by such a thin margin in 1999, it shouldn't be all that difficult to at least stop that trainwreck.

3) I...don't know how I would stop 9/11 from happening, but if nothing else, I would tell literally everyone I know to stay away from New York in Sepetember of 2001. If I could figure out a way to stop it from happening outright, I would do so.

4) A far and away goal would be stopping the so-called War on Drugs, because it was a failure of policy even in the ninteys. But doing everything in my power to halt climate change comes first.

LIST OF PEOPLE TO MEET

1) As said before, Carl Sagan. I'd explain to him the situation I was in, and I'd ask if I could enlist his help. I would also tell him (since he was going to die in a couple of years) that not only was he a hero of my time, but two of his students were also heroes of my time.

2) Bill Hicks. I'd explain my situation to him, too; not because I would want his help, but because I know he'd believe that. Also, because he was an incredible human being, and he's someone I would have liked to have known personally.

3) Nelson Mandela. Him I'd keep out of the loop, but he's someone I'd like to thank for making things better for the rest of the world.

4) Douglas Rushkoff, because he's one of my idols. Hell, I may actually tell him I'm from the future, too. If it's the early nineties, he may believe me.

5) Jonas Salk, if only to tell him personally that he is also one of my personal idols. I know it would be just another voice in the unending chorus, but he deserves all the prase he can get.

6) ...MAYBE Dick Cheney. I'm to understand he was a much more reasonable person in the early 90's, and if I could impress upon him the evil that he was going to be partially responsible for, and how not only he, but the entire conservative movement going to behave in the future, it may change a great deal of things.

...I can't think of anyone else offhand.

So yeah. After several days of thought, that's what I've come to. Of course, if I wake up as a three-year-old child with the mind of a 25 year old man...that changes things. Not just because I'm a little kid, but because, as I said before, everyone in my family was a bastard back then. Or at least that's how I remember it.

Oh! One last thing; for money, I wouldn't do stocks, I would buy things I know are valuable now (first-print magic cards, toys, rare games, and later on computer stuff) and sell them years later at exorbitant prices. Because I don't need a lot of money to live well.