Your 20 Favorite Games Ever.

Ambient

Nov 19, 2009
I didn't think I could get past 10. I think I have to put the game that has now married my ps3 first.

1:Dragon's Dogma. (I've spent an ungodly amount of hours on this game.)

2:Journey.

3:Bioshock.

4:Lucifer's Call.

5:Batman: Arkham City.

6:SSX 3.

7:Assassins Creed 2.

8:Infamous 2

9:God of War 2.

10:God of War 3.

11:God of War 1.

12:Infamous 1.

13:portal 2.

14:Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

15:Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

16:Sly Cooper 2

17:Sly Cooper 3.

18:Galaxy Quest.

19:persona 4.

20:Dragon Quest 8.

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
bastion
SpecOps: The line
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2
battlefront 2

I think that just about covers it

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Don't make me rank them
Bioshock
Persona 4
Dawn of War II
Age of Empires 2
Portal 2
Borderlands 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Knights of the Old Republic
Fallout New Vegas
DOOM II
Star Wars Battlefront II
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
XCOM UFO Defense
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Super Meat Boy
Killing Floor
Star Wars Republic Commando
Civilization V
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Far Cry 3

Honorable Mentions:
Persona 4 Arena
Oblivion
Half Life
League of Legends
Mech Commander 2
Mortal Kombat (new)
Endless space

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
One list, hold the mayo...

1. Paper Mario (N64)
2. Silent Hill 2 (PS2/XBX)
3. Banjo Tooie (N64)
4. No More Heroes (Wii)
5. Pikmin 2 (GCN)
6. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
7. Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
8. Super Mario 64 (N64)
9. Beyond Good and Evil (CGN/PS2/XBX)
10. Luigi's Mansion (GCN)
11. Portal 2 (PC/PS3/360)
12. Team Fortress 2 (PC, fuck the other versions, there is only ONE for me)
13. Okami (PS2)
14. Half-Life (XBX/PC)
15. Fallout 3 (PS3/360/PC)
16. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2/XBX/GCN/PC)
17. Mass Effect 2 (PS3/360/PC)
18. Bioshock (PS3/360/PC)
19. Super Meat Boy (PC/360)
20. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Woooooooow was this a hard list to put together, I hope I didn't forget anything important...

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
1. Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Tekken 3
6. Team Fortress 2
7. Halo: Combat Evolved
8. Half-Life 2
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops
10. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
11. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
12. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
13. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
14. Soul Calibur 2
15. Quake 3: Arena
16. Counter-Strike Source
17. Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
18. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
19. Guitar Hero
20. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Pulse

Nov 16, 2012
1. Red alert 2 (and it's expansion Yuri's revenge)
2. Batman Arkham asylum (&city)
3. Mass Effect 2 (& 1,3)
4. Bayonetta
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Company of Heroes
7. Warhammer 40K dawn of war 1
8. Xcom: Enemy Unknown
9. Fallout 3
10. Burnout Paradise City
11. Mario Kart N64
12. Cod 4
13. Gears of war 2 (& 1,3)
14. Dragon's Dogma
15. Ninja Gaiden 2
16. GTA:vice city
17. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
18. Oddworld: Abe's exodus
19. Vanquish
20. Commandos (series)

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
My list is honest. You did say my favorite games and these are the ones i have played the most, not ones that i know are technically better. And I never owned a N64 as i was far too poor.

Snatcher
Sonic 1 & 2
Castle of Illusion
Golden Axe
Night Trap
Ground Zero Texas
Metal Gear Solid
Broken Sword The Shadow of the Templars
Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror
Resident Evil 1, 2 & 4
Grandia
Skies of Arcadia
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock
GTAIV
Batman Arkham Asylum
The Walking Dead

lord Claincy Ffnord

Feb 23, 2012
OK, in a rough semblance of order:

Mass effect 1, 2 and 3
Dishonored
the witcher 1 and 2
The Walking Dead
Spec Ops the Line
Skyrim
Halo 3 + reach
Oblivion
Half life 2
Deus Ex HR (and the original)
Portal
Minecraft
Bastion
Might and Magic: dark messiah
Bioshock

Ok that should do it. That should be reasonably accurate for me).
(oh and anyone who doesn't like the inclusion of Halo: Reach, that's good for you, I liked it :p)

Apr 8, 2010
That's not going to be so easy, I'd wager. Not going to put them in any kind of order and will mention two games sometimes because I'm awesome like that and I like to list things. Also I will have forgotten some...

Anyway that post is far too long already...

[ul][li]Baldur's Gate II
Blew me away when it was released: atmosphere, characters and storyline is, beyond a doubt, great and it's still my personal reference when it comes to quests.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Civilization IV
Every single game is a new experience, every single war it's own story and every single interaction another event to be recalled for years to come. I don't know how many hours I've put into that game, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of my favourites.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Gothic II + Night Of The Raven
If Baldur's Gate II is my reference for questdesign, G2 is perhaps my reference for open world games. The whole game lives through it's handcrafted world that offers something new to discover at every step. It's difficulty doesn't scale and every time you beat up some monstrous troll through cunning tactics (i.e. outwitting the far too dumb AI) is a hugely rewarding experience.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]TES IV: Oblivion & TES V: Skyrim
Oblivion is a strange game. It shouldn't really get me like it does; After all G2 is simply better in everything except perhaps some of the quests. Still I played it and played it and still play it. I blame mods. Skyrim is the same. Though, at least, the world is much more immersive than in TES:IV and it has much better gameplay mechanics. It's quests are definitely worse than Oblivion, however. But there will be mods. And those mods are cool. Oh and did I mention the mods? [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Heroes of Might & Magic 5
Honestly if I called Civ IV addicting, I can call this an obsession. I have wasted so many hours in every single game from this franchise, that it's not funny anymore. The biggest drain being probably HoMM5 as it was (and still is) installed for many years on my laptop. The ingenious mix of fast tactic battles and RPG elements is a recipe for getting me into that whole "one more turn syndrome". Also worth of note: I have yet to completely beat a campaign in any one of those games. [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Quake III Arena
The quintessential shooter. It's speed and simplicity is still unique among any kind of fps. Just shut your brain off and enjoy the most stressful and adrenaline-pumping multiplayer experience I have ever had. [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Bioshock
Did show me that shooters can actually be smart and immerse one in a kind of atmosphere I had previously only encountered in RPGs. It's gameplay may be bland but it's one hell of an experience for me.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past
For some reason I never mention the Zelda series when it comes to my favourites. And that's despite having played every single entry on a major console (i.e. no handhelds and no Phillips-CDI crap - also no Zelda on the Wii because I'm bored now) - I guess I'm simply far too saturated with the Zelda formula now. Still the one I played through the most has to be mentioned: Zelda 3. It's a game that improved upon it's predecessors in almost every way and was full of stuff to discover and collectibles to find. It's one of the best games on the SNES.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Super Metroid
Oh Super Metroid. One of the few games on the SNES I still play through often enough. It's a great game with myriads of things to discover and a haunting atmosphere that I don't think any game of the Prime franchise could emulate that well. It's just too good.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Megaman X
Back in the day I always traded in my used games to get something different when I was bored once again. It was, without a doubt, a giant waste of money. Still, one of the games I always returned to was Megaman X. It's a game that shows how a great action-platformer has to work. It improved upon the already awesome Megaman formula, looked great for its time and was addicting to boot. Also the soundtrack fucking rocks.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Master Of Orion II
Another far too addicting one. There is simply not a single 4X game up to this day that has it's appeal or insane functionality. A minimalistic but tactical combat system, many possibilities of specialization and an eventful journey like Civ 4 with every game - only with Death Stars. And I like Death Stars.... [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Xenogears
A game that is criminally underrepresented for my tastes. It's basically Gnosticism - in space and in japanese. It features all those little annoying things I despise from JRPGs but the story is one of the most enticing I have ever played. Not for it's intricacy but for it's literal epicness.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Chrono Trigger
Played it once. Exactly once, years after the SNES went out of fashion. And despite that, I still knew that this was by far the best SNES game I had ever played. It's story was enticing (much more than FF6 mind you), the soundtrack is awesome and the battle system worked - especially since it didn't feature those annoying random encounters but had the decency to show you the enemies on screen. Oh and Yasunori Mitsuda's soundtrack is, simply put, amazing.[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]FTL & Minecraft
Two games again, since they are both indie titles which are a little bit too recent for me to be among my favourites yet sill managed to bind me like not much else: FTL & Minecraft. Where FTL is the incarnation of the Stockholm syndrome, Minecraft is a modern lego set that lets me dive into those cheerful past days of brick-induced joy. [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Rollercoaster Tycoon & Transport Tycoon
Yay! More addicting strategy games! Seriously, those two did cost me another lot of hours over the years. I built whole theme parks based on ancient empires and companies that spanned whole archipelagos I built myself...ahhh nostalgia.... [/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Planescape Torment & NWN2: Mask Of The Betrayer
I'm actually a bit unsure if I should put them here, for the simple reason that I've played both only once. And yet...they are such great examples of how a great story can look like and what games can achieve in terms of philosophical intricacy that I simply have to put them on this list.[/li][/ul]

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I cannot rank them due to my equal love of them all!

1. Shattered Steel

The first Bioware game I ever played and my first mech simulator! Great atmosphere that allowed you to fill in the gaps, interesting enemies, and an aesthetic choice that just screamed personality!

2. Heavy Gear 2

My third mech simulator and one that had all of the above plus a significant amount of depth under the surface combined with awesome Campaign CGI cutscenes mixed with decent voice acting, A.I., and a long and interesting campaign!

3. Dark Reign 2

The very first 3D RTS I ever played and the first one that made me feel like I was controlling a real army!

4. Mechwarrior 3/4

The second mech simulator I played and the one that gave me the feeling of being a badass in a thundering chariot of steel and lasers.

5. Dungeon Siege 1/2 +Expansions

High fantasy and Dungeon crawling at its finest. So many fond memories of playing these on my grandparent's carpet on late December evenings.

6. Command and Conquer Red Alert 1/2 /Tiberian Sun (+Expansions for the latter 2) Dune 2000/Emperor: Battle For Dune

The first RTS' I ever played with the first CNC hooking me for life. The game felt so mature at the time given the live action blood and violence, top notch acting according to my 9 year old brain, vast and interesting armies, and an intriguing storyline that kept me playing through to the very end. I can pretty much same the same for the rest.

7. Golden Eye/Perfect Dark

I need not say anything as everything has already been said, you know why I like these games just as much as I do you.

8. Turok 1 through 3

Some of the most violent games I ever played with amazing environments and stellar weapons that made dispatching the enemies so effing disturbing as it was fun.

9. Space Invaders 64

Just good'ol fun blasting away with my brothers.

10. Super Mario 64/Mario Party/Super Smash Brothers

Do I really? No, I will not. Let us just leave it at that.

11. Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 64

Amazing soundtracks that complemented amazing gameplay and environments that were fun to explore.

12. Machines: Wired For War

A 3D RTS with brutal depth under the surface that forced you down tech trees in addition to the ability to move and fight in a 1st person mode.

13. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

My first military sim and a game that always beat me to the curb before helping me back up with an amazing editor that let me create some absolutely insane battles.

14. Quake 2 & 4

FPS games that just oozed so much atmosphere and gameplay.

15. Battle Tanx/Global Assault

One of my all-time favourite N64 action games.

16. Battlezone 1/2

FPSRTS at its finest, filled to the brim with interesting gameplay, units, and story lines that span a number of detailed worlds.

17. Redline: Gang Warfare 2066

Not much depth but thanks to "Meats" Meier this game has an artstyle that has aged like wine and techno rust.

18. Mass Effect

The first RPG that I not only completed but completed at least 5 or 6 times. That should be enough.

19. Halo: Combat Evolved

The first game I ever played on the consoles with everything from the graphics to the gameplay locking me in and never letting me go.

20. Earth 2150/2160

3D RTS that embody everything I love about the genre.

There is my complete list and I hope to add Arma 3 to that list come this summer/fall. How can I group more than one for each count? I'm an archer that's why!

EDIT: Dammit! I ruined my 2000ths post! This should have been it!

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
This my list of the games I had the most fun with. I think games that are further down on the list are undeniably better games than ones higher on the list... this is just personally what I had more fun with at the time.

1 - Knights of the Old Republic - First BioWare game... absolutely loved the twist.

2 - Dragon Age Origins - Loved the deep, dark, complex, political story of the game and the gameplay.

3 - MVP 2005 - There has never been a better baseball game... the best sport in the world.

4 - Rise of Nations - The perfect RTS. Better than Starcraft, better than Age of Empires... just the absolute best.

5 - Mass Effect - Really loved the moral choice system. Genuinely felt bad when I had two crew members die on Vermire.

6 - Half Life 2 - Objectively the best shooter ever made. Just incredible.

7 - Company of Heroes - Changed RTS for me. Really relied on field/unit strategy more than base/production strategy.

8 - Mass Effect 2 - More of the first game. Didn't enjoy the story as much, but a better acted game with better gameplay.

9 - Battlefield 2142 - The best game mode of any multiplayer game ever made. Titan.

10 - Team Fortress 2 - A perfectly balanced MP shooter. Great gameplay, fun game modes, great maps, tons of content.

11 - Medieval 2 Total War - Just an evolution of Rome Total War. Further balanced the beautiful battles.

12- Rome Total War - The coolest setting available. Who doesn't love commanding thousands of Romans in battle?

13 - Homeworld 2 - Had the 3D/flank from any direction/beatiful sci-fi epic boxes checked for me.

14 - Gears of War - Had tons of fun with friends playing Execution/Warzone every night for months.

15 - Mount and Blade Warband - Go anywhere, do anything. Can't get any better than being a mercenary on the run.

16 - Left 4 Dead - Although it hasn't held up well, at the time, it had the charm of something truly new.

17 - Need for Speed High Stakes - Went to websites like nfscars.com and nfsgarage.net and found TONS of user-made cars.

18 - Portal - The only perfect game ever made. Fun, beautiful, hilarious.

19 - Jade Empire - Love the setting, love the deceptively easy (but incredibly deep) combat, and the story.

20 - Supreme Commander Forged Alliance - I love commanding massive mechanical armies. Just pure fun.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
My list (Well, besides Age of Empires 2, which Is my all time favorite game) is in no particular order. Im not saying Halo 3 is better than the Witcher 2 or Vice Versa, just that these are all excellent games that could all vie for the number 2 slot.

1. Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion

2. Mass Effect 2

3. Dragon Age Origins

4. TES IV: Oblivion

5. Fallout 3

6. Rome: Total War

7. Red Dead Redemption

8. Halo 3

9. Assassins Creed II

10. TES V: Skyrim

11. Medieval 2: Total War

12. Fallout NV

13. Rise of Nations

14. Far Cry 3

15. The Witcher 2

16. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

17. Halo CE

18. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

19. X-Com Enemy unknown

20. Caesar 3

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
TheVampwizimp said:
Hmm. The only issue I see with this approach is the fact that shooter fans are have a dozen shooters on the list, JRPG fans are gonna have a dozen JRPGs, Nintendo fans are gonna etc. Not sure how to fix that, anyway, but the lists are going to vary wildly and you'll need a huge sample size to get valid results.
There is no way to fix that. People can try and do their own thing to prevent it - I know I specifically restricted myself to one game per series (FFTA is barely the same series as FFIX) and tried not to have too much in the way of "same or similar genre" thing going on. And I realised as soon as I'd finished that I'd forgotten to include an RTS (which would have been Dune II).

The "greatest games ever" list I've always seen as my model for these sorts of things was Your Sinclair magazine's All-Time Top 100 from 1991, written by Stoo Campbell (yes, that Stoo, Cannon Fodder fans). It's colourful, it's smart, and as the man himself said later in a retrospective on his own website...
Stoo Campbell said:
Unlike any other top 100 games list ever published, the chart below features 100 entirely distinct, different games - you'll have a hard time finding any two that are even truly in the same GENRE as each other, never mind being basically the same game. Try listing 100 of the best PS2 games of all time (to pick a random example) and see how far you get before you have to start desperately including a whole bunch of near-identical driving or fighting or FPS titles.
Any list which includes five Halos is lazy and not thought out. Any list where the entire twenty is spread over only eight franchises is lazy. (And yes, sammysoso, I am looking at you. :p)

Megahedron

Aug 27, 2010
Top 20? Never thought that far down before.

Morrowind
Civilization 3
KOTOR 2
Star Wars Battlefronts 2
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Borderlands 2
Fallout New Vegas
Halo 2
Dragon Age Origins
Minecraft
Super Smash Bros: Melee
Mario Cart 64
Jedi Outcast
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
KOTOR
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Alpha Centauri
Portal

Wow, totally blanked about halfway through. Top 5/10 are easy, the rest are pretty much just games I've played a lot.

TheEarthSheep

Jan 9, 2011
Taking it as "favorite" rather than "best" and allowing multiple entries from a given series. Relevant order.

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

2. Mega Man X (I could probably beat it with my eyes closed by this point)

3. Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

4. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

5. Ikaruga (Not seeing enough love for this most brilliant shooter in this list #anger)

6. Sid Meier's Civilization V

7. Napoleon: Total War

8. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)

9. Fire Emblem VII

10. Master of Orion II

11. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

12. Batman: Arkham City

13. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II

14. Rome: Total War

15. Portal

16. Metroid Prime

17. Metroid: Zero Mission

18. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

19. Halo: Reach (I've had way too much fun with the multiplayer for it to fail to be mentioned)

20. Escape Velocity: Nova (I vaguely remember replaying it and discovering it to be awful, which is why it's so far down on the list, but the memory of playing it for the first time almost ten years ago and loving it is more clear, hence its inclusion at all)

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
hmmm tough one...this list is not in any specific order

1. Xcom: Enemy unknown (1993)(My favorite game of all time)
2. Dark souls
3. Final fantasy tactics
4. Tribes 2
5. The elder scrolls 3: Morrowind
6. Battlefield: Bad company 2 (funny story and the most balanced multiplayer Ive ever played plus excellent maps)
7. Everquest (it has the greatest raiding content Ive ever played)
8. Lufia 2: Rise of the sinistrals
9. Crystalis
10. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
11. Knights of the old republic
12. Descent
13. Dawn of war 2 (the only RTS Ive ever liked)
14. Shadowrun
15. Pipe dream
16. Metro 2033
17. FTL
18. Rogue galaxy
19. Thief 2
20. Final fantasy 4

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Top 3:-

1) Final Fantasy VII
2) Valkyria Chronicles
3) Xenoblade Chronicles

The rest in no particular order:-

Street Fighter 2 turbo
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy (first one)
Soul Calibur
Persona 4
The Last Story
Crash Team Racing
Worms
Bomberman
Bubble Bobble
FFX
FFVI
King of Fighters XIII
Disgaea: hour of darkness
Rockband
Double Dragon
Shadow Hearts: Covenant

No doubt I am forgetting some but I really cant be bothered to rip out my entire games collection and check them over

EmperorZoltan

Apr 9, 2008
1. Baldurs gate 2
2. Dark Chronicle (dark cloud 2)
3. Dark Cloud
4. Skyrim
5. Homeworld
6. Mass effect 2
7. Diablo 2
8. WoW BC
9. Fallout 2
10. Dark Souls
11. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
12. Morrowind
13. Psychonauts
14. Bioshock
15. Minecraft
16. Freespace 2
17. Starcraft 2
18. Goldeneye 64
19. Civilization 4
20. Super Meat boy

Sooooo many games I couldn?t fit?.. can we make this a top 100?!

HanabPacal

Feb 23, 2012
I provided a little commentary for my top three and for some of the lesser well known/likely forgotten titles.

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ? Shadow of Chernobyl (The ?X-Labs? alone were worth the price of admission. SoC is creepy, mysterious, tense, bleak, beautiful and dangerous. It has provided some of my best/most defining moments in gaming ? including my best moment when I accidentally discovered a very important secret of the artifacts. This game is not only greater than the sum of its parts; it?s actually more interesting because of its very distinctive warts and idiosyncrasies.)

2. Deus Ex (This game just had so many viable possibilities on how to approach situations that it was a complete dream for me. Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ? SoC, Deus Ex was greater than the sum of its parts. It also took advantage of many of its shortcomings that were terrible on their own - but worked so well when put into the context of the whole. Some highlights ? saving Paul; some fantastically constructed sprawling levels; kill-switch or not to kill-switch; skills made a very noticeable difference in the character; the drip-fed conspiracy story.)

3. Thief 2: The Metal Age (For me, Thief 2 is the defining pure stealth game. Looking Glass gave us the tools and the open levels and let us decide how best to approach situations based on our preference(s). The level design is nothing short of fantastic ? varied environments which are full of secrets [that are actually secret ? you have to work to discover them]. It also has a surprisingly well-presented story which is greatly enhanced by clues you find in mission. In addition, Karras just may be my favorite video game villain of all time ? he?s pompous, holier than thou, devious, he taunts Garret with such sweet sarcasm, and he actually believes his delusion of grandeur. Praise Karras?and The Builder.)

4. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
5. Galactic Civilizations 2 (with all expansions)
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
7. Freedom Force

8. No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.S. Way (Archer and Armstrong on a tricycle chasing after Pierre the Mime King; tornado in a trailer park level; the H.A.R.M. minion conversations; great mix of stealth and gunplay; surprisingly well-presented story despite being a tongue-in-cheek spy spoof. A game that is both timelessly funny and timelessly fun.)

9. Age of Mythology
10. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
11. Gothic II

12. Hidden and Dangerous 2 (While Thief 2 provided my favorite overall level design in a game, Hidden and Dangerous 2 provided my favorite missions. The game was somewhat clunky and demanded a lot of micro-management of your squad, but the mission design was just so good that the shortcomings fell to the wayside for me. This is certainly not a game for those seeking instant gratification but it pays off with huge dividends for those willing to invest.)

13. King?s Bounty: The Legend/Armored Princess
14. Fallout 3
15. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ? Call of Pripyat

16. Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Fantastic missions, stealth, subterfuge, teamwork with your commandos and many other things. A game that requires patience, planning and execution that never holds your hand.)

17. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
18. Rome: Total War
19. Dishonored

20. Silent Storm (Turn-based combat with an action point system; some fantastic missions; stealth and gunplay; Axis and Allies campaigns, which actually have a number of distinctive missions; build the squad you want; fairly difficult but not frustrating. Had it not been for the sci-fi twist late in the game with the introduction of ?Panzerkleins?, which I personally found undermined the great atmosphere that had been established, this game would have been higher on my list.)

Making this list I realized that twenty spots aren?t enough to list my ?top twenty? as I feel almost guilty for some of my omissions ? Fallout 2, Civilization IV (with Beyond the Sword), Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Hearts of Iron 2 ? but, you have to draw the line somewhere. C?est la vie.

Also, it?s nice to see that a number of people included Age of Mythology on their list. It wasn?t the best RTS ever created - but man was it a lot of fun. That game just oozed charm and personality.