Your age and your thoughts

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Simple thread. How old are you and how do you feel about being said age?

25. Smarter than before with less anxiety and vice, yet still shackled to student debt and occasional self-doubt.

Overall? I'm okay I guess, just wish I didn't worry all the time about money.

Thread is a go.

Sing

Aug 6, 2013
24. I don't know, I think I have mixed feelings. While it feels great to live alone and be self-sufficient, I occasionally question my (im)marturity. I get the feeling that people around my age should behave more responsibly and more maturely than me.

But I guess It'll come with age. Or not. We'll see.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
18. Feeling like a god. Laughing my ass off at you old geezers, and the fact that since I'm in the UK, I don't have to wait I'm 21 to do anything.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Next month I gonna be 30. I am NOT looking foward to it.

Other than the usual boring ass birthday, I hate the fact that my cells are in the decline. I don't heal as fact as I used to be and my bruise are horrible black looking than being brown. Yeah I am starting to see why older people hate their ages now...

It doesn't help that I still look young to the point some people STILL mistaken me for being 18 or in my early 20's! I may look young but I am no longer young at heart.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
35 and old. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews, but I myself haven't "been to the factory" so to speak. I don't know how to pursue relationships and I feel like I'm running out of time. ...why am I confessing all this?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Canadamus Prime said:
35 and old. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews, but I myself haven't "been to the factory" so to speak.
Don't go to the factory! It's a trick! All they do is deactivate your higher functions and make you work a repetitive job until you die.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
about a month and a half away from hitting the big three-oh.

How do I feel about it? Eh... life hasn't been bad. Had a few relationships, had a wide variety of jobs, halfway through a novel, enjoying a multitude of hobbies and passions.

Still struggle with anxiety, depression, and obsessive compulsion, but by now I've found a medicine regime that more or less works, at least until I inevitably lose my health coverage, but I'll worry about that in a few months.

Having said all that, I'm beginning to fear I may have been one of those people who peaked in high school... which is sad, because my high school life, while not bad by any stretch, wasn't particularly good, either. If that was my high point, then my life is more a molehill than a mountain. Ah, well.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Baffle2 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
35 and old. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews, but I myself haven't "been to the factory" so to speak.
Don't go to the factory! It's a trick! All they do is deactivate your higher functions and make you work a repetitive job until you die.
That's not the response to a sex metaphor I would've expected. o_0 And yes I realize you're joking.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'd be okay with my 26 if I wouldn't still be in university. I feel like I'm lagging behind my peers a lot. At the same time I feel like I'm more responsible than many of my younger classmates. It's a weird duality.

I really like being an adult though, it's so much more fun.

Aug 31, 2012
38. Due to partying way too hard for way too long I'm probably about as "far along" as most sensible people are in their early 20's. On the one hand the house and 2.4 children was never really my style, but then at the same time it's getting to that now or never point...

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
balladbird said:
halfway through a novel
It took you until nearly 30 to read half of a book?! Actually reading is overrated, I prefer the moving pictures myself.

Having said all that, I'm beginning to fear I may have been one of those people who peaked in high school.
Don't worry, we all feel like that - then I realise that I made ?13 a week when I was a kid. It's about the same now, but I have to pay taxes too these days.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Cowabungaa said:
I'd be okay with my 26 if I wouldn't still be in university. I feel like I'm lagging behind my peers a lot.
I didn't finish uni until I was 24 - don't worry, it has no impact whatsoever. I'm back there now at 35 (though everyone does seem terribly young now).

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

I swear I had more hair. More cynical minded, but only with people I don't know.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I feel the pressure to prove myself has gone and most of my time goes on the needs of my wife and child.

I have all the monies for videogames and martial arts but none of the time. I still hold my own on competative shooters, strategy games and fighting games but Im not 1337 like I was in my 20s. My son still believes Im pro but at 8 its a matter of time before he starts winning.

My body is a wreck from decades of hard training, Ive quit wrestling through injuries and dont really kick box anymore. Ive still got some tricks when I box but once a week cannot compete with the 5 sessions a week I used to do and the engine doesnt work like it used too.

When I watched Logan I could see where he was coming from. Having said that Im happy, secure and loved. It is a good place to be. I noticed maybe 5 years ago that Id not been referred to as "the young one" in some time.