Your All-Time Favorite Shooter...

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Halo: Combat Evolved, set the standard for console shooters, had an epic soundtrack, campaign, and the best local multiplayer for a shooter ever.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
If were going FPSs, its got to be Bioshock. Really, i really liked it, and being a tremendously well equipped lad in the form of a deliciously sharp nose, and also someone who doesnt like FPSs, that actually says something.

I suppose Bioshock has broadened my horizons, and i feel more open to FPSs now.

In all honesty, though, i did play HL2 before Bioshock. Just enjoyed the latter more. Im sorry.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Unreal Tournament. Was playing it earlier today :)
It has been my fav game for so long, i think the only FPS before it was Doom (still enjoy Doom too). I've loved it ever since.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
The Halo series, excluding ODST (But that barely counts, anyway.)

It's got the best online and offline multiplayer you could ask for in a shooter, it's got an engaging story, and it has a certain charm to it that most other games just don't have. Maybe because instead of everything being gunmetal gray and battle-scarred brown there are actually colorful environments, characters, and weapons.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
Deus Ex as when that came out it was amazing and is still a great game to play all these years later.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
Sacman said:
Deus Ex... but I'm hoping the announced prequel will take it's place... I doubt it though...
It looks promising but shiny pretty game trailers are a way to cover up piles of donkey shit. But on the other hand, if all you have in the game is shiny and pretty then you shouldn't make a donkey shit trailer should you?

OT What this guy said. That and Thief.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Captain Pirate said:
Battlefield: Bad Company.
Legendary game, epic multiplayer, hilarious and unique campaign taking the piss of these all-too-serious other modern shooters, and doing it brilliantly. Multiplayer warfare is truly inspired.
I would choose the sequel, but that is too good and has gone far beyond what the human mind can comprehend as 'awesome', and is therefore disqualified for automatically winning. If that makes sense.
I love Bad Company!
Wow, care to add me? Xbox360, Nouw

Mine is probably either Duke Nukem 3D or Bad Company 1 or Doom

fishman279

Oct 29, 2009
It's got to be Halo 3 for me. I have spent so much time on that game it's unbelievable. The fun gradually making my way up the difficulties, beating legendary for the first time, beating legendary on co-op with my best friend, then moving on to the amazing multiplayer. I must have at least 500 hours of gameplay on that thing, easily.

...yet I still can't deal with the ranked playlists.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Halo 2. I played that game every single day from the day it came out until the day they shut down the servers. It was multiplayer FPS perfection.