- Your Ancestry? -

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Mostly english, with a little welsh and irish (but very small parts).

My family was originally from France and came across with William The Conqueror, before that i'm not sure but I know we where quite high up in williams army.

edit:
Roaminthecrimesolvingpaladin said:
AH, this is a topic which I know about. I am actually directly descended from William The Conqueror on one side, and Channel Island fishermen on the other. Quite a varying scale there

And as to your second question, I don't really know...probably 'Londinium' (?) it's Roman, I know...
So my ancestors fought high up in your ancestors army, cool. You totally owe me for that.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
They were Vikings. Pillaging, plundering, raping, drinking and killing all over Europe.
I'm so proud of them.

Neuromaster

Mar 4, 2009
My family name comes from Scotland by way of Ireland, thanks to the potato famine. There're also some deposed French aristocrats who got exiled to Germany for being Protestant in the wrong place at the wrong time in there somewhere. Rumor even has it that one of my ancestors had a hand in starting a Protestant/Catholic war in Scotland at some point, though I'm not clear on the details. My girlfriend is convinced that they went Protestant just to be contrary, and that it runs in the family.

Ain't genealogy fun?

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Mum is Irish, Dad is Italian. That's about as much of my ancestry that I know.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I'm mostly Swiss. My great-grandmother on my dad's mom's (my grandma's) side was Polish, but she moved to Switzerland with my Swiss great-grandfather. Everyone on my mom's side was Swiss. Both my families come from farming backgrounds, so I guess my ancestors were peasants long ago. I don't know though, and I'm not sure how to check.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Norwegian/Swedish settlers....Or as they are better know,VIKING!!!1!1oneoneone!!1

Sark

Jun 21, 2009
Australian, which is another word for "white mongrel".

Specifically, I have bits of Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, Norweigan, Swedish, German, French, Polish, Russian, White South African, Australian Aboriginal and potentially a small drop of American Aboriginal.

Despite this, I am white as all hell.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
I know I had some German and probably Jewish ancestors prior to the WW2, but it's been too long. Latvian/Belarus now.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Traced mine back pretty far on my fathers side at least. Part of the Spanish Armada, and when they got their asses kicked they shipwrecked somewhere on Ireland. Stuck there, they were forced to intergrate with the populous, becoming the "Dark Irish" (obviously dark spanish looks stand out from fair skin and red hair of the Irish).

Taking the name "O'toole", my particular ancestors became horse and cattle thieves. When they could no longer get away with their lifestyle, they fled to Britain and changed their last name. They lived clean there for a few generations, before both my parents families moved to Australia. I don't really know much about my mothers side, other then they are Mederterrianan (however you spell it).

What's most interesting: because the name my fathers family chose was distinct and "made up" (it has no meaning in any language), there are very few (if any) people with that last name around England or Australia. My family are the only ones with that last name in the phone book lol.

beldaron

Oct 1, 2009
3/4 english and 1/4 welsh as far as i know altho there are rumors that on my mothers side theres irish blood(which would explain all the drinking XD).

and as for where i'd be born in the medieval period well pretty boring england, altho if you go back to the early early medieval then i'd be in the kingdom of Northumbria.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Furburt said:
I'm Irish, and I've traced it back quite a few centuries, I'm essentially 95% Irish Gaelic, and 5% Scots Gaelic. I'm actually directly descended from the O'Neills and the O'Rourkes, two clans that were both high kings of Ireland for quite some time.

So, not much travel going on in my family, but it's nice to know where you come from.

As for your question, China. They were very innovative at that point.
One of my friends actually is an O'rourke! On his mothers side he has blood going all the way back to one of those kings. On the other side he's scottish.

As for me, I'm not completely sure. On my dad's side the family has been English for at least 500 years, having even lived in the same house through the generations for most of that.
My mother is welsh, but the family actually moved there from England... so I'm pretty much just English, but perhaps I have more distant links to other places. People have told me I look like I'm part russian, although I suspect that's to do with the gravelly voice and the large amounts of hair, which makes me fairly bearlike. As for ability to ride a unicycle I have no clue.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
90% Polish, 10% mix of Ukraine/Lithuania, or something.
I myself am Polish. But I have no idea, where my surname ( "Dej" ) came from. It's quite rare in this region.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
My mum's first generation Mexican American, my pop's third generation Polish American.

I'm a Polican. Yup.