Your best friend joins a bat shit insane cult, What do you do?

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
So your best friend(or any one your close to) joins a cult.
Oh and this cult has made said person give away everything they own to the cult, and it seem highly suspect to be a suicide cult.

So do you do anything. if so what?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Let them die...and then find the person that took all their stuff and MURDER HIM.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Cults train their members to ignore the kind of gentle criticism that would normally be appropriate in this situation. You'll probably need to stage an intervention with the help of other people your friend is closest to, assuming they also see this behavior as dangerous and irrational. (If it's really a cult, this shouldn't be hard.)

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Fry his brain with logic. If the only reason the cult appeals to him is because it makes him feel good, tell him to get drunk or high, because at least he can keep his shit and not die.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I would try to do something, but if I feel I'm getting nowhere, I would ignore them and let them get on with it

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Try and stay friends, but if they ever let their cultiness interfere with the way they interact with non-members of the cult (like me), I would begin to shun them.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Time to stage a daring commando raid!

It'll be just like Waco! That went well for everyone, didn't it?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I'd probably berate the shit out of him. Honestly, he would become the butt end of all my jokes.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Let them die.

Someone stupid enough to join a cult wouldn't be my friend to begin with.

PhoenixKing

Mar 31, 2010
TOO LATE, MY FRIENDS ALREADY GO TO A CATHLOIC SCHOOL (Ba-dum-tish)

OT: Well, honestly, its their life. I'd try to convince them that it's batshit insane, and if that doesn't work, I guess there isn't anything I can do.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
Kill everyone in the cult. Or find out what kind of poison they use and slip him/her the antidote so he/she can be shaken to reality by watching them all die in front of him/her.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Well, it's highly likely that I won't be able to change his mind (And I don't Wanna, cause Firstly it's their right to believe whatever they want, and Secondly I don't wanna be a Converter), but I don't want to just ignore the problem, or just let him die... I guess I'd call the cops to investigate the Church, cause that's probably illegal what they're doing.