Your "BETRAAAAAYL" moment

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
This'll probably get mentioned a couple dozen times but whenever they decided to make Duke Nukem into a shallow CoD clone. The whole two weapon/regenerating health thing is just so much overused horse-shit.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Zhukov said:
PS. I predict more than a few mentions of Bioware in this thread.
I never played X-Com, but from what I've seen and been told, they have changed the genre of play style, the setting, the art style, and it has no reoccurring enemies from previous games. You know, nothing like X-Com. Bioware has just created hybrid titles. Now if ME3 was a fighting game, set in a medival fantasy setting, and had completely different characters...
Y'know, when I wrote that, you were one of the individuals I had in mind.

But then you had to go and prove me wrong by being all reasonable. Cunning sod.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I'm not sure if this counts, but Crysis 2 having a truly fantastic single player, and following up with a truly disgusting pile of shit multiplayer.

Also Lord of the Rings Conquest. Pandemic were better than that :'(

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Hearing that the next Ace Attorney game would not ship in America.
GRAAAAH.

Also, the announcement of Left 4 Dead 2, when L4D1 was still plagued with various bugs and balance issues, mainly in versus mode.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
SammiYin said:
I'm not sure if this counts, but Crysis 2 having a truly fantastic single player, and following up with a truly disgusting pile of shit multiplayer.

Snip
Huh. What was so bad about it? I mean, I didn't like it at first, but I then realized that was just because using suit energy properly takes a LOT of getting use to. The motion blur also fucked me up for a while, but oddly turning up the sensitivity seemed to help a lot. I mean, yeah, there are a few issues here and there, but... I think it's pretty good.

OT

Metroid: Other M.

I mean... it doesn't get much more "BETRAYAL" than that.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I was betrayed by japan in the way that they STILL haven't released terranigma in north america. The only way to play it is to buy a euopean copy of the game, A super famicom, a european TV, and to train your hamster to run in the wheel of a generator preoducing just the right frequency for the european tv and console.

(Pssssst, or just use an emula...AHhh, don't tackle me!

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
When Duke finally came out and it didn't have the kick Button!

And it has 2-weapons limit.. And regenerating health.. And it basically sucks major balls.

OT: Halo 4... Oh and 5, then 6.
OOH OOH! And Final Halo Fantasy XII/2/3

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Now I've never played the XCOM series, but I can relate to Spoony's reaction given what Gearbox is doing to the Brothers in Arms series:
But... they're fixing brothers in arms, making it less of a manly generic WW2 shooter.

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
When Leslie Nielsen died I felt that the universe had betrayed me, so i ran out into the rain, dropped to my knees in the mud and yell "LESLIEEEEEEEEEE"

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
SuperRobot64 said:
Neverhoodian said:
Now I've never played the XCOM series, but I can relate to Spoony's reaction given what Gearbox is doing to the Brothers in Arms series:
But... they're fixing brothers in arms, making it less of a manly generic WW2 shooter.
Judging by your answer, I assume you haven't played a Brothers in Arms game before.

One of the major things the Brothers in Arms series is known for is its message of the human cost of war. It's the only WW2 series that made me actually care about the characters. Each squad member has his own backstory and personality, making them feel like real human beings. They're genuinely likeable and three-dimensional characters. When they begin to be picked off one by one in battle, I really felt remorseful at their passing. Hell, I was actually moved to tears by some of the deaths. It's almost like a video game adaptation of the excellent Band of Brothers series.

Now it's reduced to stupid machismo posturing with lead characters that are not only thoroughly unlikeable, but downright psychotic. Maybe it's fine for Duke Nukem, but not Brothers in Arms.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Metroid Other M. The next Metroid game had better not be anything like that!

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Dragon Age 2.
For the huge list of reasons that I'm sick of repeating and everyone is sick of hearing about.

Sucks to hear about X-Com though, not a fan myself, but I understand how they must be feeling.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
The elf lady in first town at witcher 2 (forgot the names).
Seriously I dont know anyone who didnt fell into her trap after trying to be heroic and standing at the side of the oppressed ones...

Seeing that made me yell..
BEEEEEEETTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

After i found her... lets say igni sign looks pretty on her corpse heheeheh.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Wind Waker, when I saw the cel-shaded style. I was much younger then and a lot more shallow. But then I played it, and begged forgiveness after I realized I beat it twice in a row.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Finish the fight...
...But not if you're a PC gamer!

Also Bioware making the Old Republic instead of KOTOR 3

And last and most hurtful of all, Brothers in Arms: Furious 4, I know OP already mentioned it, but it must be stated again in bold CURSE YOU AQUA-SCUM!