Your bf/gf's parents.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Funny thing actually...I just got dumped but earlier this year

His parents found us at six flags holding hands and they jumped up to us squeeing their hearts out screaming "FINALLY HE ADMITS TO HIMSELF THAT HE'S GAY! The ***** was pretending to be confused for years!"

They still talk to me on the phone, they call me more than they do him...its also awkward at family reunions....

razbuten363

Jun 23, 2009
Her mom like me well enough, though she lets my gf and I sleep in the same bed at night so one can assume she knows what we do, yet she still likes me.My gf's dad like me too I'm smart and polite (at least I act it) and I make his daughter happy so i guess she's happy.

StevenSuffern

Feb 1, 2011
Despite being from different social classes (which can be a major factor; I'm dating "up" the ladder, so to speak) they look very favorably on me, even having let us sleep in the same bed on occasion. I think they definitely approve of how happy their daughter is with me, and I do my best to behave very appropriately. Also, I've helped cook meals for them before, so brownie points.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
StevenSuffern said:
Despite being from different social classes (which can be a major factor; I'm dating "up" the ladder, so to speak) they look very favorably on me, even having let us sleep in the same bed on occasion. I think they definitely approve of how happy their daughter is with me, and I do my best to behave very appropriately. Also, I've helped cook meals for them before, so brownie points.
My dad was a chef that trained at the Culinary Institute of America and he taught me a lot of what he learned. I also know a lot of southern recipes from my mom's side. When my gf told her dad I could cook well, his response was, "We'll see." For some reason though, a lot of people tend to think that just because a guy can cook that he must be gay. I find this confusing and would be offended if I hadn't seen the pattern elsewhere.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
eclipsed_chemistry said:
I've always been cool with my girlfriend's parents because, like many of the people here, I know how to be polite, courteous, and am intelligent enough to carry on (most) conversations. But it was especially easy to get along with their dads, since I'm an athlete and keep up with most major sports. I even got to call my last girlfriend's dad by his first name.
I've always called all of my past girlfriends parent's by their first name. Since like the age of 14.

I've also always gotten along with all parents I've met, whether of a girlfriend or a friend.

Mums in particular love me. ;)

Mondai Randy

May 15, 2010
My ex's parents hated me from day 1 . Her dad in particular DESPISED me , her mom wasn't so bad (she was just very whupped by the father) . I tried my best to get along with him until he vaguely threatened to shoot me once , after that , I lost all respect for him (which I had very little to begin with).

I'm glad I got out of that relationship (my ex turned really insane after she cheated on me).

My current gf is the love of my life , and her parents are cool too (both cops) , and we get along just fine (her sister is fine too , though sometimes she can get quite annoying).

clipse15

May 18, 2009
My girlfriend's dad happens to be racist and doesn't like the fact that his daughter is dating a Black guy however after 3 years he's finally starting to actually warm up to me.

Her mom on the other hand really likes me because I tutor my GF's little sister in English.

But ya meeting parent's is a huge drag when your a Black guy who dates a lot of non-Black girls

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I'm not sure if my gf's parents like me or not...they don't speak english, but they say hi to me and shake my hand and feed me a lot. So I think they like me.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
MasterOfWorlds said:
Do you get along with them? Care to explain why or why not?

Current girlfriend's parents love me, there's no reason why they wouldn't. I don't give them a reason not to like me.

If I dump the girl they probably don't like me after that, but then I never stick around their house long enough to find out their reaction so I don't know about how they react really. Presumably they side with the family member, that's what I'd expect, anyway.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Single at the moment...

First GF's family just didn't like me, especially her brother. That's a story that I won't go into... needless to say, bad end.

Second GF's family were awesome, was friends with her brother and cousins anyway.

Third GF... never met her folks while we dated.

*shrug*

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Hate her, he only has a Mum (Dad has never been in his life). She treated me like shit until I fell pregnant with her Grandchild, started to treat me with so much respect until baby came along and we went back to square one. Accused me of all sorts and made me out to be some horrible, abusive Mother, que Boyfriend telling her to buck up her ideas or she want be seeing her Grand-Daughter again. She finally did and I pretend to like her for the sake of my Daughter, but I'll never forgive her for the things she said and how she treated me.

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
My partners dad absolutely hates me, he blames me for turning his son gay (even though he came out before I did). It does make any family get togethers, which his mum demands I go to because she likes me, a bit awkward at times, especialy at a dinner table once when his dad's sister rolled her eyes, slammed her cutlery down and told him to stop being such an f'ing idiot (in front of all the grandparents and children) and get over it. We both just slid down in our chairs and tried to hide from embarassment, seems funny now tho.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Although our relationship is currently in a state of "complicated", I get along really well with her parents.

Her dad has taken me aside and told me he wishes us all the best and would be proud if we got married etc. Which is cool. He shared some stuff with me that he's never told my girlfriend also, so that was cool.

Her mum actually helped me out when I was having trouble dealing with some depressive issues. Which was great.

Overall, I like them, they like me. Things are alright.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not with anyone at the moment, but I've only met the parents of two of my past boyfriends. Well, I met my first boyfriend's mum, and she seemed to like me a fair bit, although I was fortunate enough to break up with him before having to meet his father, who is apparently really racist, but oh well. The second time I met someone's parents was really awkward, since I was his date to a wedding, so everyone kept asking about me, but they apparently approved of me. Which is nice, I guess. I just don't look like someone who'd be a bad influence; if anything, I look like a mentally stable and studious person (haha), so I don't see why parents wouldn't like me. Adults and I have generally gotten along very well.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Thankfully im happly single

but I really wish I never met them, and I did meet them fairly early on, I didnt want to but he made me

they were great people, really accepting and easy going, and I now I hate the feeling of being the evil girlfreind (he was crushed when I boke up with him) I don't know how they feel about me now, but for some reason I dreamed of his mum chasing me with a meat-cleaver...

SpikeyGirl

Jun 30, 2009
I don't actually know how my boyfriends parents see me, I've only met his dad once and his mum a few times but they seemed to like me even if I was very quiet and shy.
He's met my parents, also once so far even though I still live with my parents (he doesn't) and he has to pick me up as I can't drive, they think he's a good guy and they trust my judgement, though I'm not that close to my parents and what they think matters very little to me.

Orange643

Dec 7, 2010
I don't currently have a girlfriend, but the parents of a girl i've had a crush on for the last two and a half years absolutely adore me. Shame said girl "only thinks of me as a friend." :(