4) CS:GO
5) Mass Effect 3

Surprised some of these weren't mentioned by others

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
diablo 3
kingdom of amaular preorder
mass effect 3 preorder digital n7 one
ff13-2 since i for one actually like the series unlike 95% of people i hear about
not sure if i have a 5th other then persona 4 vita if i get the vita of course

captainaweshum

May 1, 2010
Hmmm.

1. Bioshock Infinite.
If they can keep the level of personality in the characters, particularly in Elizabeth whom I already really like, just from the Demo. I do feel that the set pieces displayed in that video simply cannot continue in such scale the entire game, but if they can keep the character so lively...Also, anyone else really like the addition of a TALKING main character in a Bioshock game?

2. Tomb Raider.
Having only seen the pre-rendered trailer, and realizing full well its potential of being a bit of a mimic of Uncharted, I'm still excited for this title. I already see the potential in a connection with this Lara and hopefully, the game can follow through.

3. Borderlands 2.
I only played Borderlands 1 on 1 player and a lot of people told me that I was missing out. Perhaps they were right, but let me tell you this...I adored Borderlands.I hope they bring back Lilith, although I think I have heard to the contrary, and I hope they expand upon the asburdist humor that was sprinkled all too thinly over Pandora.

4. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
Only heard of this about three days ago, and IGN's backing of it sounds a little more like whining or pleading - and has done a lot to turn me off of it. Also I find myself not really liking the idea of being able to swap out your skill points, rebuilding your character on the fly as it were. Still, it looks pretty tight (even with it's WoW graphic design) and I'll be keeping my eye on it.
By the way, did anyone notice that the IGN summary of the game uses the word UNDERPINNED twice in the space of a paragraph? Not trying to be a dick but that was really jarring for the eyes.

5. Mass Effect 3.
Now, I loved Mass Effect. I ADORED Mass Effect 2. Why can't I muster up excitement for this one? I'm 90% sure that when I stick in my Xbox I will fall in love anew, but I don't know...it's like all of a sudden I don't really care about it anymore. Still. It's Mass Effect. So yeah, I'll buy it.

Well that's it for me.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
1. Guild Wars 2 I HAVE WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG.
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Diablo 3
4. Borderlands 2
5. Kingdoms of Amalur (Possibly, the demo was fun but I'm not sure about forking over money for it)

Thanks purely to GW2 I am more excited for this year for games, my hype for Skyrim has nothing on my hype for GW2.

targren

May 13, 2009
Alas, I only have 3. Three games for the whole year, and even those are iffy (depending on DRM or whether they even see release). What a bummer.

1. Torchlight 2 (as long as there's a non-steam version)
2. Borderlands 2 (as long as they don't pull any BS)
3. Guild Wars 2 (Not holding my breath for this one until it's on shelves)

captainaweshum said:
Hmmm.
I only played Borderlands 1 on 1 player and a lot of people told me that I was missing out. Perhaps they were right, but let me tell you this...I adored Borderlands.I hope they bring back Lilith, although I think I have heard to the contrary, and I hope they expand upon the asburdist humor that was sprinkled all too thinly over Pandora.
As I understand it, all 4 vault hunters will be in the game, but as NPCs you'll meet. We'll be playing as a whole new set of misfit badasses this time around. Hopefully there's one who can hold a candle to Mordecai...

It would be pretty badass if there was an unlock for the original 4 though, as long as it's not some "pay for the code" BS (as opposed to being part of a pay expansion, which I am perfectly OK with).

NinjaTigerXIII

Apr 21, 2010
I don't even have 5, the only ones I do have are, in no particular order,

-Mass Effect 3
-Borderlands 2
-Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (Hopefully if they release in 2012)

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Only really Mass Effect 3 that I'm excited about at this point, though I'll probably check out Diablo 3 and the inevitable next chapter in the Assassins Creed series as well.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Mass Effect 3, Darkness 2, StarHawk, Gravity Rush and the next Assassin's Creed.
More titles in mind, but these are day one buys.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Xenoblade Chronicles
BioShock: Infinite
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
The Last Guardian

TyrantGanado

Oct 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure there's more than five games I'm really looking forward to this year but I'll try and narrow it down.

BioShock Infinite: The news of 1999 Mode has made me want this game even more than I did before and I wanted it a lot.

The Darkness II: Honestly, The Darkness is one of my favourite games and I'm looking forward to the quad-wielding mechanic.

Tomb Raider: Mostly out of long-term devotion to the series but it does look like a pretty spiffing game in its own right.

Borderlands 2: I loved the first game, so I'm looking forward to having more but newer.

Resident Evil 6: I have a strange obsession with Resident Evil so I've been frothing over this one for the past few days.

Honourable mentions go to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Assassin's Creed III (which I presume will release this year). I'm also keeping my eyes on The Last of Us.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3 (second playthrough)
Mass Effect 3 DLC
GTA V
Bioshock Infinite

Phaerim

Sep 15, 2010
1. Diablo 3
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Mists of Pandaria
4. Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
5. Guild Wars 2

These will probably be my prioritized purchases this year.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
In no particular order...

Halo 3
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Heart of the Swarm(hopefully)
Soulcaliber 5
Counterstrike