Your biggest "Fuck you" to the audience

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
TLDR right away! What was, in your opinion, the biggest "FUCK YOU" to the audience that you ever witnessed in a movie, tv show, book, video game, anime, manga etc.

Okay then, let's talk about last episode of Game of Thrones!
I am seething with rage and infuriation. And don't get me wrong, I'm not against good characters getting killed. I think that the Red Wedding was brilliantly done and felt not forced and even somewhat natural in the flow of events as a whole. But the conclusion of that fucking fight between Viper and The Mountain just really felt like a giant "FUCK YOU" to the whole audience! Here we have an amazing new character with interesting backstory portrayed by a very good actor. And now he's gonna get brutally murdered by a FUCKING CARICATURE whose actor was replaced two times! And don't even get me started on how freaking bullshit that death was! You telling me that someone with skills and reflexes of Oberyn wouldn't be able to just roll away quickly after getting knocked down? Or that he wouldn't be able to block one hit to the face? And that even Mountain would be able to do all that after getting hamstrung, pierced through the chest AND poisoned?! It all just felt forced! Like Martin was thinking "There's no way I can just let more skillful warrior win! Let me check up my ass... oh, here it is!"

Sigh... anyway, what about you people?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Well, I have many "f*ck you" moments in any kind of media [movies,comics,games,etc].
However do you want to tell the awesome "f*ck you" moments or the "f*ck you" "f*ck you" moments?

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
SweetShark said:
Well, I have many "f*ck you" moments in any kind of media [movies,comics,games,etc].
However do you want to tell the awesome "f*ck you" moments or the "f*ck you" "f*ck you" moments?
I think I have more of a "fuck you, watcher" moments in mind. Like when creators go out of their way to spite or enrage their audience.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Mojang 'fixing' the enchantment system in Minecraft twice, but not removing the randomness from it. It would make sense in a game about crafting things to have consistent recipes for enchantments like any other game I've played that uses enchantments. However, Mojang seems happy to have us spend all that time to make five or so level 30 picks with a single unbreaking or efficiency enchantment. I'd be happy with even a single fortune enchant, or even unbreaking and efficiency together, but the last few picks I made were wasted effort.

It's not just a "Fuck you, player", but a "I enjoy wasting your time" kind of statement.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I'm still not over the last ten minutes of the last episode of L O S T. It was kinda like when I watched that movie North as a kid (the earliest movie I recall raging over), but with a lot more investment.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
IllumInaTIma said:
SweetShark said:
I think I have more of a "fuck you, watcher" moments in mind. Like when creators go out of their way to spite or enrage their audience.
Ah, these "f*ck you" moments you mean....
Plenty to tell.......

-Asura's Wrath: The Real ending tell you literally "You must buy the DLC to learn what really happened". So....I learned and it was glorious, but f*ck you Capcom at this point.
-Donnie Darko and similar films like that: Yeah...I have a guilty pleaser for this kind of films, but when this "specific" moment come from these movies, my inner soul sceaming silently "f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you f*ck you"
-Yume Nikki: Just the ending. After so much hours of exploration I expected something...more to say the least.....
-Secret Six: Drool Bucket Wonder Woman. You don't need to learn nothing else.....

More to come [if I am not lazy].

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Chemical Alia said:
I'm still not over the last ten minutes of the last episode of L O S T. It was kinda like when I watched that movie North as a kid (the earliest movie I recall raging over), but with a lot more investment.
I am glad I stopped watching it.
I was like........"I can't take it anymore" and not a "f*ck you" moment. I just could keep watching anymore man.....it was painfull for me to watch......

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier. The written part about the League's meeting with Arsène Lupin, Fantomas, Robur and a few more people. Would have made an awesome graphic novel.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
IllumInaTIma said:
TLDR right away! What was, in your opinion, the biggest "FUCK YOU" to the audience that you ever witnessed in a movie, tv show, book, video game, anime, manga etc.

I am seething with rage and infuriation. And don't get me wrong, I'm not against good characters getting killed. I think that the Red Wedding was brilliantly done and felt not forced and even somewhat natural in the flow of events as a whole. But the conclusion of that fucking fight between Viper and The Mountain just really felt like a giant "FUCK YOU" to the whole audience! Here we have an amazing new character with interesting backstory portrayed by a very good actor. And now he's gonna get brutally murdered by a FUCKING CARICATURE whose actor was replaced two times! And don't even get me started on how freaking bullshit that death was! You telling me that someone with skills and reflexes of Oberyn wouldn't be able to just roll away quickly after getting knocked down? Or that he wouldn't be able to block one hit to the face? And that even Mountain would be able to do all that after getting hamstrung, pierced through the chest AND poisoned?! It all just felt forced! Like Martin was thinking "There's no way I can just let more skillful warrior win! Let me check up my ass... oh, here it is!"

If you liked Oberyn you'll love the next season's foray into Dorne. This event is required to have happened so the whole happenings in the south could be explored. It sets the wheels in motion.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Evengelion 3.0. Seriously, just look at the last few minutes of Evangelion 2.o and the new movie preview, then look at this movie. What the hell.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
I don't remember the name of the movie but it was a thriller and in the end we see the murderer die but... we don't get to see/know who he was. So basically the whole movie was pointless.

"Knowing" is also pretty much a "fuck you" all around. It has a rather good build up but leads to an extremely stupid ending that makes you think they decided to smoke dope halfway through the script.

Also: Scooby Doo cartoon, everytime i hoped the ghost/monster would be real, but nooooo...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I hear Evangelion (the original series) gave its audience the middle finger to the point that Hideaki Anno received multiple death threats afterwards. Haven't seen that far into the show - got bored with it halfway through - but that's a pretty famous fuck you.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
I hear Evangelion (the original series) gave its audience the middle finger to the point that Hideaki Anno received multiple death threats afterwards. Haven't seen that far into the show - got bored with it halfway through - but that's a pretty famous fuck you.
You may have seen this around some places...

You may be wondering what the context for this scene is... well, prior to them putting out a correction ending in the form of End of Evangelion (over a year later) there was almost no context given. The most of the last episode consists of Shinji trying to get over himself in his head (completely ignoring the whole story part) culminating in him being congratulated. Almost none of the plot threads are finished and are at best implied.

This shit is why I hate NGE. Also Shinji being a fucking terribly, selfish person.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
IllumInaTIma said:

In the book he is impaled on the sword sticking through the mountain, by the mountain, who then squashes his head. He gets caught by the mountain because he is shouting and taunting him, sure of his victory. Quite different than the tv series. He simply just slips up.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
Evengelion 3.0. Seriously, just look at the last few minutes of Evangelion 2.o and the new movie preview, then look at this movie. What the hell.
Everything from the Evangelion series is a fuck you to the fans. "Oh, you liked the show's ending?" FUCK OFF HERE'S END OF EVA!

Oh, you liked the original continuity? FUCK YOU HERE'S 2.0!

You like that 2.0 isn't stuck with manic depression? JUST KIDDING, FUCK YOU SOME MORE.

It's a never ending trainwreck. What happens when a show's direction is dictated by a madman's psychosis.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

Really, that took the magic out of it. That didn't need an explanation, it was better when it was more mysterious and vague.

That's just me though. Cue the argument, I honestly don't care anymore. -.-

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
One of the greatest sketches from the second season of Kids in the Hall...

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:
FUCKING YES!!!!!!! THIS A THOUSAND TIMES!!!!

I actually can't remember seeing any films series that would have gone from such promise (I like 2.0, shut up) to such an abysmal trainwreck. Yes, there are those, but Evangelion was that film series to me personally.

Also, the Crimson King in Stephen King's Dark Tower series applies in the sense that

He's the closest thing to an ultimate villain and a highest-level antagonist the series comes close to having. He's talked about and there's lots of dark implications about him, but we only meet him in the last book and then... he is literally erased from existence by a character who we've never met, whose backstory (if I remember correctly) is explained in a few hasty paragraphs and who has a completely unexplained ability to basically change the universe as he sees fit.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
WrestleMania 2000's ending was a giant fuck you to the audience. It was the first time, ever, the bad guy walked out of WrestleMania with the belt.

generals3 said:
I don't remember the name of the movie but it was a thriller and in the end we see the murderer die but... we don't get to see/know who he was. So basically the whole movie was pointless.

"Knowing" is also pretty much a "fuck you" all around. It has a rather good build up but leads to an extremely stupid ending that makes you think they decided to smoke dope halfway through the script.

Also: Scooby Doo cartoon, everytime i hoped the ghost/monster would be real, but nooooo...
God, Knowing is such a laughably bad picture. I can't believe the folks who made it didn't even see the giant plot hole of "Why the fuck did they leave a complicated message if they were just going to kidnap the kids anyway?"

But that's a flick you really only watch for the special effects anyway.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Supposedly the End of Evangelion movie was one huge middle finger to all the fans that hated the original ending. Regardless of whether this is true or not, that movie was freaking brutal.

Anyway, Takeshi's Challenge sounds like the biggest gaming middle finger to the player ever, where you do crappy things like divorce your in-game wife and beat up an old guy for a map (which you have to leave in the sun for an hour in real time), and then get put through a so-hard-its-sadistic flight mini-game to reach this one island for treasure, which itself is chock full of enemies out to murder you, and note that if you fail at any time during all this you have to start from the beginning of the game again. So what do you get for beating the game? A blank screen with Takeshi's face saying "the end", and if you wait five more minutes, you get this:

They should really just call this "Fuck You: The Game" instead.