Your childhood game!

mattyg118

Jan 10, 2012
It would have to be Mega Man 2 for the NES. I always turn to this game whenever I am in a shitty mood (usually before or after work) and it never fails to cheer me up. I probably play/beat it at least once a week.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Soundtrack of my childhood:

Tu tu tu tu tuuuuu tu tu.
Tu tu tu tu tuuuu
Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie.

Closely followed by 007 Golden eye.

Tu tu tuuuuu
Tu tu tuuuuu
Tututututuuetc

BrainiacVeins

May 13, 2011
War of The Monsters. It was a really fun fighter with 50's drive-in monster movie aesthetics, and the first game I actually finished. It's really obscure.

That and the Jak series, plus Cookies & Cream.

shazlor

Sep 14, 2009
The first Sonic and Jazz Jackrabbit baby. Pokemon and FFVII came in later as games which I spent hours on, but my childhood memories remain with Dos and Sega.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
mine was both Age of Empires 1 and 2, they were amazing games and got me into gaming as a whole, but it wasnt until KotOR that made me a gamer

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
triggrhappy94 said:

Every since the second grade.
It's probably the reason why I want to major in economics.

The other would have to be the Megaman Battlenet games for the gameboy.
Loved this game, so so much ! :D you had a good taste as a child.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
A lot of games from the PSX era actually. But if I had to pick one: Crash Bandicoot 3. I've lost all interest in Crash once he entered the PS2 era.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Jak and Daxter, the very first one, that is the VERY reason I am getting the HD collection this year.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
That would probably be Final Fantasy IX and TES: Morrowind. Hundreds of sweet, sweet hours :D

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Harvest The Moon: Back To Nature (PS1)

I didn't even own it. I'd rent it all the time as a kid. I did buy it 3 years ago off ebay but I think one of my sisters friends stole it.

haveanicelife

Jan 9, 2012
monkey island and pokemon are the first games I recall playing as a kid, I don't think the feeling of achievement when I got my first pokemon to level 100 has ever been replicated by another game (it was a kabutops, though I've no idea why I chose a kabutops to level up religiously).

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I didn't really have "that one game". I rented most games on NES and SNES. NES I'd have to say Super Mario Bros 3, and probably Rock N Roll Racing on SNES.

N64, I'd have to go with Goldeneye 007 - although Zelda: OoT and MM are both very close to it. OoT definitely reminds me of Christmas, though. The game was released in November or something, and I preordered it with my mom but she was giving it to me for a Christmas gift so I had to wait. This was a game I've been reading about incessantly in Nintendo Power and let me just say that Christmas Eve I got about 1 hour of sleep.

It was extra special because not only did I get the gold case, my mom was one of the first people to pick it up so I got a Zelda t-shirt too!