Your closet to come out of

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
I'm a transsexual (transitioned in my early 20's). When people look at me they just see a frail nerdy girl with glasses as I keep my past quite hidden and no one knows (which is good cause I'm a teacher). I'm also atheist, but I don't care if people are religious as long as they don't preach hate. When I was younger, I used to get into debates with religious people, but I feel now it is better to work together to help fight bigotry no matter if someone draws their strength from science or religion. Umm not much else... I'm very depressed and actually struggle with severe social anxiety but I'm able to hide it well in my job.

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
Let's see, well the only thing I haven't told anyone about is that I prefer... bigger girls. And I don't mean tall.
One of my closest friends didn't know I wanted to join the army (and I didn't want him to because he's quite anti-military) but it managed to get out. We haven't really spoke about it since he brought it up and it hasn't gotten in the way of our friendship so I guess everything worked out.
My mum and my friends know that I'm communist and frankly nobody really cares. I care enough to vote for the Communist party (or I will once I'm old enough to vote and see if the Communist party in the UK matches up with what I want/ believe) and the ideals of communism is something I would certainly fight for but my friends and I aren't terribly political so it's not a huge factor in my life.
My friends know that I'm deist and I may have brought it up with my mum but I can't really remember. Religion doesn't play a huge part in my life either and it's not something that is brought up often.
So yeah, that's pretty much it. Nothing really exciting.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I've dabbled in BDSM.
How does one "dabble" in BDSM? I've been with a girl who was heavily into it, and it was OK (which, now that I think about it, is one of the many things I'm "in the closet" about) but it seemed like a very much all-or-nothing thing. You're doing it, or you 'aint, you can't really half-ass it :p

OT: I'm keeping more secrets (from real people, that is; you internet guys don't count ;-)) than I can keep track of. I try to keep as much as I can a secret from my family and friends out of teenage habit, I guess;

- Nobody except my therapist knows how much I actually drink on a daily basis, and how much it disturbs me.
- Being a liberal, all-men-are-equal type it really freaks me out that I can occasionally have knee-jerk racist thoughts. Not bringing that up anytime soon.
- I try to keep it quiet that I am terrified, all the time. I'm an agnostic, who if he were religious would probably be a deist, but (probably thanks to a Catholic upbringing) sometimes lies awake at night scared shitless that he's going to Hell. I sometimes get totally freaked out by noises in the night, especially when I'm in the flat alone. Walking past rudeboys on the street makes me tense up, and I try to avoid eye contact. Talking to strangers freaks me the fuck out, even if it's the cashier in a shop and I'm just buying some milk, because I feel like they're judging me and it scares me to imagine what they think of me. I hear planes coming into land, and my mind conflates the sound with that of falling bombs, and I irrationally wonder if I'm just about to die. I'm in pain a lot of the time, and I always wonder if there's something seriously wrong at every new ache, twinge or headache. Pretty much all the time, I'm scared of something. It amazes me that I'm even able to push this stuff out of my head for moments at a time, let alone function as a member of society :p
- Other stuff which I'm not even going to tell the internet anonymously. That shit goes to the grave with me, because everyone has some secrets they won't tell anyone.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
conflictofinterests said:
So, I see, for instance, a centerfold. Is it just a person in attractive clothing? All I see is the artistic aesthetic of the picture. Is it a person being dominated or eaten? Then I'm turned on.
Holy shitting crikey, that freaked me out. Eaten?! Dominated I get, but being eaten?

Understand I'm not trying to knock you or your kinks - we've all got one or two - but I've been exposed to a lot of weird shit on this big ol' internet and that's one I've never run across before. How the hell did you even discover you were into that? And please don't tell me you popped a boner (or lady-boner, whatever) at that scene in Jurassic Park where the guy gets eaten on the toilet...

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
soren7550 said:
I've had premarital sex, I love anime, I'd love to visit Japan, and I'm in a bit of a preggers scare since I've been feeling puke-ish for a few days, but since I ate dinner I've been feeling much better (haven'y been eating much the past two days, so that's probably why).
The other stuff I get (anime is shameful and wrong and you'll never convince me otherwise! ;-)), but why keep it secret that you want to go to Japan? Does your family really hate Japanese people, or something?

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Holy shitting crikey, that freaked me out. Eaten?! Dominated I get, but being eaten?

Understand I'm not trying to knock you or your kinks - we've all got one or two - but I've been exposed to a lot of weird shit on this big ol' internet and that's one I've never run across before. How the hell did you even discover you were into that? And please don't tell me you popped a boner (or lady-boner, whatever) at that scene in Jurassic Park where the guy gets eaten on the toilet...
It's called vorarephilia.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Queen Michael said:
I've dabbled in BDSM.
How does one "dabble" in BDSM? I've been with a girl who was heavily into it, and it was OK (which, now that I think about it, is one of the many things I'm "in the closet" about) but it seemed like a very much all-or-nothing thing. You're doing it, or you 'aint, you can't really half-ass it :p
I was dating a girl who was really into it, and we tried it a few times. Pretty fun. Heh. I was more kinky when I lost my virginity than my mom's entire sex-life combined.

darksuccubus

Jan 11, 2011
Tin Man said:
darksuccubus said:
Hm... don't think I have anything to share... my parents already know that I'm a yaoi-fan, nothing worse than that. The only concern that I have is that I might me a sociopath
Assuming you're being serious, you're not a sociopath. It's one of those things where simply having the self-concern needed to recognise it exempts you from having it. I thought the same thing about myself too, but it just turned out I'm not a particularly emotive individual. Unless of course you cut open animals for the hell of it...

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Averant said:
does not like interacting with other people, does not CARE about most other people, likes bestiality and incest, and has a recent desire to burn other peoples property with molotovs.
please tell me you are trolling about the bestiality and incest.

marfin_

Mar 14, 2011
I recently let my friends know that I like MLP! lol, but no really they made fun of me and then i showed them an episode and now 2 out of 3 of my friends love it! the one friend that hates it complained thru the entire episode and said that ponies are gay, but o well..

smurf_you

Jun 1, 2010
I told my mom when I was bi (when I was 16, but I knew forever) and she reacted... badly, is the best word for it.... so when I recently found out I was actually pansexual (they're kinda different, who knew?) I can not bring myself to tell her. Also I have a huge ladyboner for knife play >.> but I'm afraid to tell my bf about it, mostly cause I don't know how he'd react to it.... he likes it rough but I think he'd freak out if I asked him to bring a knife anywhere near me <.<

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
SonicWaffle said:
soren7550 said:
I've had premarital sex, I love anime, I'd love to visit Japan, and I'm in a bit of a preggers scare since I've been feeling puke-ish for a few days, but since I ate dinner I've been feeling much better (haven't been eating much the past two days, so that's probably why).
The other stuff I get (anime is shameful and wrong and you'll never convince me otherwise! ;-)), but why keep it secret that you want to go to Japan? Does your family really hate Japanese people, or something?
Yeah. My brothers especially.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
iFail69 said:
Isn't that just being a voyeur?

Mine is that my family (except my older sister) still don't know that I'm a feminist, and only a couple of my friends know. I really need to tell them my thoughts...
Is that what it's called?
Isn't that when you peek at people without them knowing?
I like them knowing I'm there and troll on them.

Does your family not like feminists?

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
I have no emotional concept of shame; so I'm already aware of the things my parents disaprove of. We actually have a pretty decent relationship, so while she's said that I have lived in sin, she still loves me, etc. I don't really have any closet issues, but there are some things I tend to avoid talking about because I'm irritated by the responses...

I have Sexsomnia. Yes, it's a real sleep disorder. No, I don't use it as a convinient excuse. Mine is a mild case and hasn't resulted in exceedingly strange situations. And it was an irritable Ex that brought it to my attention originally; she thought I was punishing her by starting something in bed and then rolling back to sleep.

I am sometimes aroused by violence. It's usually violence perpetrated against me, but I am not a masochist. I do not find pain arousing. I don't enjoy being stabbed, getting into fist fights, generally being harmed in various ways akin to torture, etc... but there is something about a woman who punches me in the face with a sexy look on her face that just makes me go nuts. Call it physically strenuous foreplay.

Then of course the less specific ones; my religious, political, ethical, etc, affiliations. But again, that's more because they near always result in arguments, and I'd prefer not to secumb to my psycopathic traits when dealing with others.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Volf99 said:
Averant said:
does not like interacting with other people, does not CARE about most other people, likes bestiality and incest, and has a recent desire to burn other peoples property with molotovs.
please tell me you are trolling about the bestiality and incest.
Ah, but then you'd know for certain. ;D Can't have that, can we?

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Well, let's see... I'm gay (haven't told my parents), I'm a furry, I like... feet...

...And that's just a few things.