Your country's Stereotypes

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
DuctTapeJedi said:
Sharalon said:
DuctTapeJedi said:
Sharalon said:
Sweden: Does anyone really care? Well ill give it a shot.. Boring and.. Secular?
I think the majority of what I know about Swedish people is based on what I've seen of Skwisgar on Metalocalypse....

So... You like old people?
Wow... That was.. Disturbing...
Have you ever actually watched the show Metalocalypse? If not, I sort of feel like a tool right now.

Also, that is not Skwisgar's worst moment... Not by a lot.
No, i haven't, but it managed to creep me out in a couple of seconds. That's gotta be worth something.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tankichi said:
Soviet Heavy said:
What are your country's stereotypes?

Mine.
Canada: Maple Syrup Eh?
Quebec: Assholish Separatists

Name your country's stereotype
Quebec is a country? Did it actually get Sovereign Nation status? Or is it just a title while still part of Canada?

I would say Eh and buddy but i actually use both words often. I would say the fact that other countries think we are really nice and forgiving.
Yeah, its still part of the country. It is just the local stereotype that all of them want to separate.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
henritje said:
The Netherlands: either farmers in traditional clothes walking on clogs or drugs users
De Achterhoek (where I live): farmers launching soccer balls from milkcanisters or people jumping mud hills with dirtbikes
also I,m not sure about this one but the one that we are all soccer fans
Hey, fellow Achterhoeker!
I don't think anyone knows much about de Achterhoek though, not enough to make a stereotype.

Might I ask where you live? I live in Ulft. (10KM south of Doetinchem approx.)

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Sharalon said:
DuctTapeJedi said:
Sharalon said:
DuctTapeJedi said:
Sharalon said:
Sweden: Does anyone really care? Well ill give it a shot.. Boring and.. Secular?
I think the majority of what I know about Swedish people is based on what I've seen of Skwisgar on Metalocalypse....

So... You like old people?
Wow... That was.. Disturbing...
Have you ever actually watched the show Metalocalypse? If not, I sort of feel like a tool right now.

Also, that is not Skwisgar's worst moment... Not by a lot.
No, i haven't, but it managed to creep me out in a couple of seconds. That's gotta be worth something.
I am truly sorry about that. Metalocalypse is an American cartoon about a death-metal band that's essentially reached god-hood. It's funny, and worth looking into if you have a weird enough sense of humor and don't mind horrible over the top violence.

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
Jonluw said:
I'm Norwegian, so...
I drink coffee (I do)
I am emotionally cold and don't like being touched (true)
Edit: Also, I'm tall and sexy as hell.

Seriously, are there any stereotypes surrounding Norwegian people at all?
Well i'm from sweden so I'd say that you're stupid... No offence. But i know you say the same about us.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:
The Netherlands: either farmers in traditional clothes walking on clogs or drugs users
De Achterhoek (where I live): farmers launching soccer balls from milkcanisters or people jumping mud hills with dirtbikes
I don't think anyone knows much about de Achterhoek though, not enough to make a stereotype.

I live in Zutphen (a few kilometers from Arnhem) I commute to a town near Arnhem for a special school (I,m not mentaly challanged its just that people with autism go to a different school to get the special atention they need)

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
henritje said:
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:

I live in Zutphen (a few kilometers from Arnhem) I commute to a town near Arnhem for a special school (I,m not mentaly challanged its just that people with autism go to a different school to get the special atention they need)
HAHA, I go to Mariendael in Arnhem, also autistic here. xD
Please tell me you go there xD

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Sharalon said:
Jonluw said:
I'm Norwegian, so...
I drink coffee (I do)
I am emotionally cold and don't like being touched (true)
Edit: Also, I'm tall and sexy as hell.

Seriously, are there any stereotypes surrounding Norwegian people at all?
Well i'm from sweden so I'd say that you're stupid... No offence. But i know you say the same about us.
Oh, yeah. But that's a very local stereotype. Norwegians are only viewed that way by Swedes and Danes.

Also: Do you know why the backs of all Swedes' heads are so flat?
Because the lid keeps falling down while they're trying to drink.
:p

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:

no I go to "De Brouwerij" its not in Arnhem its near there. The town mainly consits of big houses

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
henritje said:
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:
rokkolpo said:
henritje said:

no I go to "De Brouwerij" its not in Arnhem its near there. The town mainly consits of big houses
D'awwww, that would have been a crazy coincidence.

Subbies

Dec 11, 2010
Banks cheese 'n mountains... oh and don't forget the chocolate! I'm talking about Switzerland of course.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Canid117 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Marter said:
Another one for Canada: Always saying "sorry"
Forgot that one.
Also, polar bear cavalry and all our policemen are mounties.
Don't forget they say "Please" too much. For other Canadian stereotypes see:
i loved that movie, specially the part where an officer stops them and asks that all the insults that are written on the side of the truck are to be written in french because of the laws pertraining the "2 official languages"

hehehe

OT: Mexican- Lazy, flatulent, brown, big bellyed... and trying to get into the U.S.

riiiiiight, i´m none of those things hahaha

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
Cork: ... Bunch of dumb pricks who think they are hard? I don't know. Everyone who is not from here pretty much agrees it's a shithole, though.
The stereotype of cork would be that they think they're a country onto themselves.
People's republic of cork and all that.

Also, much more commonly: "Boy!"

That's not even a stereotype though, everyone I've ever met from Cork appends every sentence with "boy."
If stereotype status depends on how true it is I am pretty sure none of what you just said is a stereotype.

Bakuryukun

Jul 12, 2010
Canadians have it easy, the stereotypes we have are either positive or wrong for the most part.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Mechsoap said:
Iceland?
let me think...
Ash? Money? Money to ashes? (Please help me here).
All your words end with 'ur'

If Humon is to be believed, you are supposed to be pretty (aren't we all), and well versed in dealing with monsters.

Oh, and you might have some unorthodox [http://www.phallus.is/] interests. [http://satwcomic.com/the-collection]

singlcuteguy

Feb 21, 2011
This may be offtopic but... what if the stereotypes ARE TRUE?? I am American (U.S.-Type) and The below link is TRUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE0

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
No Germans here? Well, i think i'll have to invade this thread then.

We Germans drink Beer (i don't)
Love Soccer (i don't)
eat Rippchen with Kraut (which i do occasionally) and are sexual deviants. (...moving on.).

We Germans are so orderly, if someone made it illegal to die we'd live forever. We are strong as Krupp steel and agile as weasels. "Krupp" was this german company which produced shitty steel. I am as strong as Krupp steel, no problem.
I am not as agile as a weasel. I'd put myself more in the League of a Brick.

Germans are tall and strong (well i'm tall, but while my leg muscles can lift some things and my back seems fairly robust, my arms can barely manage to pull my weight up. Not too strong.).

Also, some of us throw a whiny emo hissy fit when someone jokes about them being a nazi.
My fellow germans, chill! We had this little vastly overrated Dictatorship (honestly, Hitler looks like an amateur compared to some other people) and we have to deal with it.
I never killed anyone but i'm still occasionally called a nazi by some People. Get over it, stop crying guys.

Apparently germans seem to like Bureaucracy. Well, i don't like it, but i understand at least some of it. Most of that is Bullshit.

So that's us germans.