Your current book...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Just wondering what all the Escapists are currently reading... pretty simple right?

So, what book are you currently reading? Is it good? Would you suggest it?

For me, I'm reading "Red Harvest" by Joe Schreiber...

3 words... Star Wars Zombies...

I suggest it!

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.

old account

Jul 11, 2009
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Fool by Christopher Moore
and finally because I'm such a mythology nut...
The Epic of Gilgamesh

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I just finished reading Nostradamus Ate My Hamster by Robert Rankin.

I definitely recommend it. It is crazy, funny and a little creepy.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
"A Confederacy of Dunces" one of my all-time favorite books, look it up you wont be disappointed.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence. I'm not very far in, but based on his other books I would definitely recommend.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Homer's Odyssey and The Child In Time by...Ian McEwan or someone?

The Odyssey is a total classic so mmh. And The Child In Time is appalling. I hate that bloody book.
Buuuuut, it's for my English.lit coursework so *sigh*.

I just finished 'The Great Gatsby' for the 5th time. Love it.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
The Ultimates vol. 2 by Mark Millar. It is fantastic. Mark Millar is the most skilled comic writer since Alan Moore. His use of language and character-building is superb
After that I'm going to read my first ever Terry Pratchet book, The Colour Of Magic. Looking forward to it!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Right now I'm reading Mass Effect: Retribution by Drew Karpyshyn.

Great read overall. I recommend it if your a fan of the games.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I just finished Little Women for my lit class. Now I'm reading March. I enjoyed Little Women way more than I thought I would, and March is pretty decent as well.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.
Loved those books... Durzo Blint 4 Life!

Armored Prayer said:
I was worried that the books wouldn't be any good... I'll have to pick it up next time I can...

micky said:
"A Confederacy of Dunces" one of my all-time favorite books, look it up you wont be disappointed.
Strange that you mention this one... that's next on my "To Read" pile...

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
-The Devil's Graveyard by Anonymous
-John Dies At The End by David Wong
-Harbour by John Ajvinde Lindqvist

Those ones are what i'm currently reading. Fun fact: my copy of Harbour is first edition and signed by the author! Squeee.

But seriously, i love Lindqvist's stuff. Handling the Undead was so very sad and touching. It really made you think on many levels, about ethics, about rights, morality, love, mortality and loss.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Currently I'm reading Shadowheart by Tad Williams. It's the forth in a series, so I don't recommend reading just it, but the series as a whole, definitely. Just look for the books by Tad Williams with one word titles containing "Shadow" (the first and second don't actually have the series name on them anywhere that I know of).

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire and I'm now reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. I liked them and have recommended to a few of my friends, but there is sexual violence in them that I wasn't warned about and I feel that I need to give people a little heads up about it. I'm also semi-reading The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. I'm currently brewing my first batch of beer (just re-racked my alt amber last week and will be bottling in another week for those that are interested) and I've been looking at the book for a few tips.
ThatLankyBastard said:
Armored Prayer said:
I was worried that the books wouldn't be any good... I'll have to pick it up next time I can...
I just recently read the Darth Bane series that Karpyshyn wrote and I really enjoyed them. I can't vouch for the Mass Effect novels, but the Star Wars novels were pretty good.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
True Grit- Great western, I've only read the sample on the kindle so far, but I like it a lot!

The Third Lynx- Good Sci-fi, sequel to Night Train to Rigel. Imagine film noir set on space trains.
Yeah. Space trains.

Reality is Broken- Great book about the positive effects of games on society.

All of these are great titles to pick up.
I work on 2-3 books at a time, so I can pick another book up quickly if one of them is getting boring, and then I can switch back when I'm in the mood.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
micky said:
Strange that you mention this one... that's next on my "To Read" pile...[/quote]

its a strange book, tell me what you think of it when you're done reading it