Your current book...

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
World War Z by Max Brooks.

Great book, well written and the realistic approach makes it well worth my time.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I hate other people's Fiction, but right now I am being forced to read "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Slinger for English.

... And I don't like it so far... The guy in the book is such a jerk.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I'm reading two books right now. When the Wind Blows and Containment. When the Wind Blows is a 1998 book written by James Patterson. It's one of my favorite books and I read it every year.

The other, Containment is a kindle book written by...somebody, just look up containment on amazon, it's the first item listed. It's not bad, but the author really needs to learn how to mix story while explaining the world. The first third of the book has almost no character development and it reads almost like a textbook. To the author's credit, it's a very interesting world that is actually believable.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Kill The Dead by Richard Kadrey. It's the sequel to 'Sandman Slim' for Anyone who has read that.

Violent, Sexy and every swear word that has come out of a sailors mouth...very well made.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I just finished reading Dark as Day by Charles Sheffield, It was pretty good has a fun little mystery in that took me a while to figure out. Sci-fi.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm halfway through my second read-through of the Twilight books.

Also, I'm currently one story into the second volume of Halo Evolutions, and re-reading Scott Pilgrim yet again. And apparently Ian Irvine's third Three Worlds Cycle series, though I say apparently, because I haven't carried on reading it for months (though to be entirely fair I have read all but one of the series multiple times, since I first picked one of them up aged eleven, and Irvine is one of my favourite authors...). However, what with university, work, making a bunch of films, and a load of other ongoing projects, I'm currently putting all my reading, and about half my gaming for that matter, on hiatus...

Jedisolo75

Aug 12, 2009
Callahan's Key, by Spider Robinson,

It's like all his work, pretty good, but a little heavy on the whole "Isn't it awesome how really weird me and my friends are" thing.

All of his Callahan's books anyway, I really loved Variable Star.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Hmm.... well if anything with pages and words between hard covers counts as a book, then it would have to be "Armour Infantry Section and Platoon Battle Drills"... yea, currently in the army and I swear that book is as thick as a encyclopedia (could even be used as a weapon).

The latest fictional book I read would have to be New Dead, its a compilation of short stories all dealing with zombies in one way or another.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I was hoping it'd be a bit more, I don't know, exciting. It's still good, and I have the distinct feeling it's building to something.

I'm only 43% of the way through (so says my Kobo), and I'm still reserving judgement until I've gotten through the whole thing.

EDIT:
Looking back, there were alot of "I"'s in there...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
AllLagNoFrag said:
Hmm.... well if anything with pages and words between hard covers counts as a book, then it would have to be "Armour Infantry Section and Platoon Battle Drills"... yea, currently in the army and I swear that book is as thick as a encyclopedia (could even be used as a weapon).

The latest fictional book I read would have to be New Dead, its a compilation of short stories all dealing with zombies in one way or another.
New Dead eh? Hmm... I'm gonna have to look that up! Rule of thumb for me... Zombies=Good!

Also, good luck with the *ahem* "Armour Infantry Section and Platoon Battle Drills"... Sounds like an... interesting read!

Larkin99

Feb 14, 2010
Chechnya: A Small Victorious War by Carlotta Gall and Thomas de Waal.

A very interesting read, Im about half way through it at the moment.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Just wondering what all the Escapists are currently reading... pretty simple right?

So, what book are you currently reading? Is it good? Would you suggest it?

For me, I'm reading "Red Harvest" by Joe Schreiber...

3 words... Star Wars Zombies...

I suggest it!
The Essential Writings Of Karl Marx. I read the craziest books particularly because I don't like reading, so whenever I do read books it's usually the more interesting or historical ones, my last book was called Heavy Metal Islam.

If you want to know more about the man sure, but he writes in really big words that most people won;t be able to pick up and read, usually at my library the books have notes that help reading it but in mine they're still hard to read, not as much as Karl Marx's writings. Still I'm halfway throught he book and I've attained the reading level of him and can understand what he says albeit I have to read it carefully and drain my brain juices to do so.

Sep 13, 2010
beyond good and evil by Nietzsche which is actually part of a massive brick of a compilation of his works, serious stuff and a little on the heavy side

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Trivun said:
Also, I'm currently one story into the second volume of Halo Evolutions...
Wait, wait wait, hold the phone! There's a Volume 2???

Why have I not heard of this yet!

Oh, and also... Scott Pilgram, loved it!

Aug 25, 2009
I don't read much anymore. I'm doing English and Creative Writing at uni and there is nothing that sucks all the joy out of reading like being forced to do it for three years. Besides the absolute minimum required for my course I don't even look at books anymore.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
ThatLankyBastard said:
Trivun said:
Also, I'm currently one story into the second volume of Halo Evolutions...
Wait, wait wait, hold the phone! There's a Volume 2???

Why have I not heard of this yet!

Oh, and also... Scott Pilgram, loved it!
It depends, where are you from? In the USA there's only one big volume, whereas in the UK (and I think other countries too, but I'm not sure) the single book was split, so we had two seperate, cheaper versions, with the stories split down the middle. However, to make up for us having to fork out twice, there's also an extra story in the UK version that the US version didn't get, included in our Volume Two.