Your Current Minecraft Project?

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
This is for people playing Minecraft, (and if you haven't played it, go buy it. NOW.)
What is your current project in Minecraft? what are you currently working to achieve?

Me, I have decided to conquer the Nether, and my first step in doing this is to build a giant fortress inside the Nether (partly as my way of making a big middle finger to the nether as a whole). I've already got the the walls built (20block tall walls from Sea(lava)Level up, and now i am currently hollowing out all of the netherrack inside of the fortress (luckily, the ghasts have been really helpful in helping with this demolition). and once i get all that netherrack removed, i think i will build a large castle inside of my walls

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Aren't enemies just going to spawn inside your fortress?

OT: I'm just trying to keep myself interested in it atm, no big project, just survival.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
I found a giant natural cave, and am currently building a town in it.

...At least I was, until I fell off the top level and died. Now I'm wandering around trying to find my way back. It was a good 10 minute walk to get there from spawn.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Trying to turn my desert island into a luscious jungle with sugarcane and wheat. It's taking a while.

Dec 14, 2008
I'm preparing to build an underwater base on the Escapecraft server. Ironically I decided to build the base after I lost use for this bridge I was building over water in fear of the new water mob, which turned out to be passive.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
an underwater biodome that will have some kind of town in it, haven't made any blue prints for the town itself yet.

Oxford The Cat

Nov 27, 2010
I just finished my current project:

Find my way home.

First, and hopefully last time being lost in Minecraft.

Center of the earth, got low on health and started hacking sideways. Enter new cavern.
Repeat.

Hack my way to the surface and I might as well have been on Mars.

3 and a half hours, back at home - after I finally burrowed back down, found some dust and made a compass to find my way back.
Never again.

As for now, I'm out of ideas. I just finished my modest home and need something else to do.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I started a new world a couple of days ago and am currently working on the first tunnel of my subway. I found a zombie dungeon directly under one stretch of track and have glassed the top of it over until I decide what to do with it. It's an interesting, if noisy landmark.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Building a Gigantic mansion on top of the water (ocean, whatever) with glass floors so I can see the squids swimming by. Currently working on a treefarm room.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Aren't enemies just going to spawn inside your fortress?

OT: I'm just trying to keep myself interested in it atm, no big project, just survival.
well the zombie pigs might, but i like to think of the zombie pigs in my fortress as my own personal army of minions :)

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
I'm just starting up again. I deleted my two previous worlds and am planning on making a large base in the middle of a mountain. Yay! Fun!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I got bored of Minecraft and stopped playing about a month ago.
Something tells me I'm the only person to ever do that.

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
I've just finished my most recent project, which is a giant (literally head in the clouds) statue of myself. Before that, I built a village (30 houses and a park w/ a waterway, with a furnace, chest, axe, hoe and 10 lumps of coal in each house). Before that, I made a giant castle, complete with 5 floors, giant booby traps and garden.

TetrisLing

May 28, 2008
I am turning all of the sand in a desert biome into Sandstone. Once I'm done (I'm almost there, to be honest), I'm going to build a castle out of Sandstone and glass.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Since I'm a wuss, all of my projects are built on the surface. (though I did carve a small safe house inside a mountain to take refuge in during nightfall) I recently started over and began building my own medieval town, starting with a stone castle. Right now I'm working on the walls and building a moat (I plan to fill it with either water or lava, I haven't made up my mind yet).

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
I'm currently working on a glass skyscraper consisting of pyramids and upside down pyramids stacked upon each other. I am glad for item dispensing on the server I'm on (call it cheating if you will).

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I've been creating a giant underground cavern at bedrock level and I keep running into lava flows. And since I'm an obsessive hoarder, I'm transporting all the lava, bucket by bucket, into some tidy lava-storing chambers closer to the surface.

What?

I might need the lava later on...

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
I'm working on a castle made of cobblestone. Imaginative, right? It even has walls and parapets! Though large, it looks pretty boring because it's really just a rectangle with some structures on the corners. I plan to dress it up a little more so It doesn't look like the big empty box that it is. This is my first project on that kind of scale, so I figured I would get the obligatory medieval castle behind me. My project before that was an egg-shaped observation dome with wood underneath and glass above on top of a wooden tower.

My first project was a complete disaster. It was just a tower with a fiery beacon on top. Long story short, the entire structure is now covered in flowing lava. I tried to save it, but the lava was too quick and all the floors I built from wood. I had to rush down the tower as the floors burned out around me! I just left the tower covered in lava because its hilarious. I lost a few chests in there though.