Your Dad Might Not Be Your Dad. Response?

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Pretty sure he is, I mean most of my looks come from my mum's side anyway but there's too much resemblance otherwise. I mean nurture can do a lot but I couldn't imagine anyone in the world who is more like me in personality than my dad. We just think exactly the same.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Wouldn't be entierly impossible. I'm about as old now as my dad was when he died(I was one year old at the time, so I never knew him) and I can't find any simularities between us. I don't dare asking about him, since my mom always became upset and angry when I asked as a kid, so the only information I got are few bits of information I've gotten over the years.

I've been told I have the same distinct hair color as him(dark brown with tons of dark and light red in it), but in every single photo he's always had completely blonde hair. Even in a rare photo of him when he was 14. It's possible he keep it constantly bleached, though why he'd hate our hair color is beyond me.
My aunt I've never spoken with, who actually lives right across the street by some weird coincidence, also has really blonde hair and looks a lot like my sister. Been told I look a lot like my sister as well, but I can't find a single element in our faces that we both have.

There is a photo of my grandfather(my fathers father) who actually looks a damn lot like me though, so perhaps the face genes just skipped a generation.

Whatever. My mom is my dad. She managed to raise two babies by herself and has kept us provided with everything we needed thanks to working hard and climbing the company ladder like a boss.

Oct 2, 2012
Personally wouldn't care much. Didn't have a father, blood or not, raising me when I was little.
Grandfather was around but he didn't do much raising. I always suspected who my family calls my biological father to not be my real one anyway because of blood type issues (apparently both parents are O and I'm A+ but I'm definitely my Mother's child) but it doesn't matter. I have no father listed on my birth certificate and I was actually raised by my grandmother, aunt and personal experiences.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
If nothing else, in this hypothetical scenario I'd like to know who my biological father was for the sake of compiling my family medical history and knowing which diseases I may be predisposed to.

Also, is your avatar a picture of someone cosplaying as Blue Rose?

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
I know for a fact that my dad was my biological father since i was the youngest of 5 children my dad had with my mum. If by some miracle he wasn't I wouldn't care because he was a great father regardless and the fact that he's kinda completely dead.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I would like to believe otherwise but I have to accept the truth, I know who my father really is. He's a total f**kin wan-

Edit: To be fair I don't see my father any more, I have a step father who I have a closer relationship with than my real one. I don't see why people put such stock in blood. Its just red fluid guys your real father is the one who looks after you and teaches you manly things.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
thats a really nice way of looking at it. personally, i would like to know who my real father was. But knowing him would not make me any more attached to him. id like to have him in my life but i think the one who raised me would always be my true father

JetFury

May 31, 2013
I actually know my father isn't my father, but my stepfather. I don't think my mom knows I know. Nor would I tell her for that might bring up unpleasant memories of my birth. My biological father was a monster, I don't need to know him to know that

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
My father is the one who was there the whole time I was growing up. If I suddenly found out someone else was my biological father. I would not feel any connection to him whatsoever. I probably wouldn't even go out of my way to meet him. Simply because someone is a blood relation does not mean they are "family". The ones who are there the whole time are.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
That would be a pretty strange, as I basically look exactly like this unrelated man.

It wouldn't change how I feel about my father, it WOULD change how I feel about my mother a little bit though.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
In the 25 years I've been on this rock, I've never ever met my dad. Never seen a picture, never learned his name, height, hair colour, eye colour ect. Never had a step dad in my life at all, its just been me and my mum for all this time.

I think it will go on like this until the end of days too. I don't want to know or be related to a coward, a coward who does a runner in the middle of the night as soon as he realized he had gotten someone pregnant. I find it ironic really that I'm currently dating a girl who has an 18 month old little girl, and the question of my own parentage has never crossed my mind until I came to this thread........

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Naturally, if it were questionable, I would like to know the man from whom I inherited genetics.

But my father is the man who raised me.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
My dad would be my dad, my father would be my father. There's a huge difference between the two! it would also explain A LOT. people think I'm adopted haha

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure my dad's my dad. I inherited a lot of physiological traits from my mom's side of the family (short, hair everywhere but on top), but personality wise I'm exactly like my grandfather (dad's dad). Once I cut my hair I also started seeing similarities to my brother, so we're probably related as well.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
My aunt is adopted by her biological parents siblings.
So she knows both sets of parents and took care of them dearly.

I have a nephew in law that looks nothing like his father.
His brother and sister totally look like the father, but not him.
I hear rumors in the family that that nephew is actualy from a different father.

Regardless, we are family and it really doesnt matter.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Raised by a single mom, so if it turned out that my father wasn't the one who sired me, I doubt I'd be upset. I would definitely be curious and want to know who my biological father was.

I'm pretty sure that my mom's ex is my real dad though. Too many outward similarities and other stuff.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
If (the person I now consider to be) my dad wasn't actually biologically my father, and knew, then I can only have more respect for him. If he didn't, well then I'd be a bit mad at my mother. Don't know how I'd immediately react though, i have in the past surprised myself.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Yeah, I know my biological dad, he's not mean and nasty or anything, it's just he doesn't care at all (too busy playing happy families with his new wife), and I really don't have time for people like that. My Step-Dad has been more of a father to me than he ever did.

So yeah, i would actually be quite happy if I wasn't his son.