Your Defense Force

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
It's been kind of fun the last few weeks with members resurrecting the Nintendo Defense Force. So much fun that everyone deserves a chance to get on board!

"But tippy2k2, destroying of worlds and sex God!" you cry "I am not a fan of Nintendo, how could I possibly get to join the NDF?"

Well good news friend for this thread is not about the Nintendo Defense Force...it's about YOUR Defense Force!

So Escapist members, what is your Defense Force? What will you defend when someone besmirches its honor!? What movie/game/book/car/cola/erotic novel will you defend when it is verbally attacked on forums?

For myself, I am a card carrying member of the Madden Defense Force. Now that the game is coming out for it's yearly update, I get to complain at people who call it the same game as last year (it's not). Lucky for those of us in the MDF, The Escapist generally just ignores sports games rather than attack it but that doesn't have to stop me from creating a thread a day wondering why everyone complains about it! To the Gaming Section!!!

So what Defense Force do you belong to?

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Hockey Defense Force, definitely. In fact, I half-suspect that whoever doesn't enjoy hockey is actually a denizen of planet Nohockey in the Hockey-Hating Nebula in disguise!

But seriously, no hating on hockey when I'm around, mkaaaay?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm a shell-shocked, retired veteran of the Bioware Defence Force. More specifically, the Mass Effect Corps.

I don't really bother any more these days. Post-2012 threads relating to Bioware have become inevitably toxic. So I just ignore them for the most part. Maybe skim them every once in a while until my old posting finger begins to twitch.

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget. I'm a serving member of the Last of Us Defence Force. Say a word against that game and I will be all up in your business faster than a bad case of crabs.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Cartoon defense force I guess. I really like cartoons that other people generally don't like and I had a fight the other day with someone who thought The Amazing World of Gumball was stupid when I think it's the best show Cartoon Network is currently airing.
Zhukov said:
I'm a shell-shocked, retired veteran of the Bioware Defence Force. More specifically, the Mass Effect Corps.

I don't really bother any more these days. Post-2012 threads relating to Bioware have become inevitably toxic. So I just ignore them for the most part. Maybe skim them every once in a while until my old posting finger begins to twitch.
Have you ever defended Dragon Age 2 out of curiosity?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Freelancer defense force, Pokemon defense force, Star Citizen defense force.

Those are my allegiances.

Of course, I usually am neutral as these forces do not call me to arms very often. I'll just stay in my bunker.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Most of the time I don't really bother defending anything on forums or the like, 'cause I can certainly see reasons why people might dislike some of the things I happen to like, such as Hyperdimension Neptunia, or anything, really.

Now, if they're just downright insulting it, I'll do some defending, but otherwise, I don't get involved.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Long time member of Bungie Defense Force with engagements across the internet in the Halo campaigns. I am ready to defend my developer with honor and distinction in the Destiny campaigns that will surely come.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
I would like to register as a member of the 'Common Sense and "Source Plz" Advocacy Coalition'. There are simply too many people stating too many things as facts and there needs to be a coalition to politely call out said bullshit.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
Drummodino, member of the Dragon Age 2 Defense Force reporting for duty sir!

Seriously though I only played the game recently and love it to bits. I'll defend it to the death, even though I do understand why fans of Origins would be put off by the rather drastic changes. I will also admit it has a number of flaws, but overall I'm in the 5/5 Greg Tito camp for this one.

[sub][sub][sub]It's a hell of a lot more fun than Origins *flees*[/sub][/sub][/sub]

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Drummodino said:
LobsterFeng said:
I will also admit it has a number of flaws, but overall I'm in the 5/5 Greg Tito camp for this one.
I'm not a "five-out-of-fiver" but I also agree that Dragon Age 2 is a much better game than people give it credit for. Personally, I'd look at 4/5, which is still high enough to get you burned at the stake sometimes :D

Zhukov said:
EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget. I'm a serving member of the Last of Us Defence Force. Say a word against that game and I will be all up in your business faster than a bad case of crabs.
I remember fighting with you brother against the tyranny that was Guppy[footnote]You know I love you Guppy, we just playin :D[/footnote] and his "Last of Us" is not the greatest thing that has ever existed ever. The Blasphemy!!!

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Pokemon Black and White, and gen 5 in general. When someone smack talks those games and their Pokemon, I will reply with such righteous fury the likes of which you have never seen! Bad mouth Reshiram and I will put you on my ignore list in an instant!

The same goes for Zelda games, but luckily it's very rare for someone to hate on the games, so my defense force is currently on extended vacation. Though I will strike if someone slanders Zelda, and it will be fanboyishly glorious!

I am also a bit of a follower of the Nintendo Defense force. HOWEVER! I do recognize that many of the "Leave Nintendo Alone!" threads(all made by that one same person) are pretty unnecessary since there really isn't much hatred for Nintendo on this site. Though if it surfaces I will do my best to answer the call.

Zhukov said:
I admittedly haven't been very kind to Last of Us, but I haven't seen any retribution from you. What gives? D:

Redlin5 said:
Pokemon defense force
In the same boat, unless you dislike gen 5 of course. In which case we must be bitter enemies I'm afraid. >.>

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Redlin5 said:
Hero of Lime said:
Redlin5 said:
Pokemon defense force
In the same boat, unless you dislike gen 5 of course. In which case we must be bitter enemies I'm afraid. >.>
Ohhhh, you're not going to like my next Pokemon review...
Well this is not good at all. As long as you don't flat out hate it I won't make a huge fuss. Maybe a little one. :p

Bruce

Jun 15, 2013
Complainer Defense Force.

Because the only complainers who are usually wrong, are the ones complaining about the complainers.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Tomb Raider Defense Force, reporting for duty!

...except Angel of Darkness.

We don't defend Angel of Darkness.

O_____O

I'm also a Silent Hill 3 defender and general "crap horror tactics" defender. Ask someone on this forum why Silent Hill 2 is a superior horror game, and they'll instantly reveal that they don't understand half of how horror works.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Long-standing member of the WoW Defense Force since Patch 3.0.2, and a recent member of the Dark Souls 2 Apologist Corps.

I mean I loved the first one, too, but come on, 2 wasn't nearly as bad as people claimed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Not sure I care about anything enough to defend it as fervently as the "Defense Forces" do.

Many of the things I love have flaws. Sometimes big ones. I acknowledge them.

...I despise dishonesty, though, and am likely to jump on a dishonest argument even if I don't otherwise care about the subject. Is that close enough?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Tomb Raider Defense Force, reporting for duty!

...except Angel of Darkness.

We don't defend Angel of Darkness.

O_____O
What do you mean? Tomb Raider AoD is the only GOOD one!

...I'm going to die now, aren't I?

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Molecular Biologist Defense Force.

We walk around in labcoats and beat up homeopaths and anti-vaxxers. Over the internet.

What? Scientific literature is literature too, and those fucknuggets are ignoring all of it.