Your Favorite Cat/Dog Breeds

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well ever since I got mine, I've always been a fan of Long Haired Chihuahuas. I also like Dachshunds, Corgis, German Shepards, Labradors, Pugs, ect.

Basically I love dogs.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
As far as I'm concerned....a cat is a cat is a cat. I like cats but there's no real breed that stands out to me.
As far as dogs, I'm rather fond of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Outside of Corgis, it's the only dog I know that remains just as cute as a puppy into adult hood. Just look at the adorable bastards:
If I ever get around to buying a house, I'll seriously consider getting one. I won't have a dog in my apartment as it's too much hassle and not fair to the dog.

Fyffer

Sep 10, 2013
Not that fond of dogs myself, and a like most short hair cats.

I'd totally get a savannah if I could afford it though.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I am particularly fond of English bulldogs, German Shepards and Terriers.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Dogs: Beagles, German Shepherds, Akitas/Shiba Inus, American Staffordshire Terriers, Pugs, Boston Terriers, Shnauzers and Japanese Chins, to name a few.

Cats: I'm not familiar with many cat breeds, so I'm going with standard shorthairs and maine coons for now. Oh, and SCottish Folds, they are so cute!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
For cats, I just prefer your average short-haired black cat.

However, for dogs it would probably have to be a border collie although I do like many breeds.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Ever hear of a Savannah Cat? It's a hybrid breed between servals and domestic cats and only recently (2001) accepted as a registered breed.

Amazingly enough, their temperament is supposedly comparable to that of Labradors.

Spiridion

Oct 17, 2011
I don't have enough familiarity with cat breeds to pick a favorite.

As far as dogs go there's tamaskans, which are basically bred to look like wolves, without the unpredictable temperament of hybrids.
Also, utonagans which were bred for the same reason.
I'm also fond of German sheperds, shiba inus, and pit bulls. Seriously, pit bulls... they're super sweet when they're owners aren't terrible.