Your favorite "chill out" games

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
VA-11 HALL-A.
At this point I am obsessed with the game. This how much I love this game.
You can literally take any kind of drink with you and enjoy the story unfolds in front of you while you mix some drinks fornyour cusromers and friends.
Relax and enjoy the ride.....aaaahhhh....

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Elite Beat Agents
Soundodger
Civ V

Level 7 Dragon said:
Terraria - Grind, build base, this castle is lacking a swimming pool.
Hehe, I get that. I spent many hours building all kinds of stuff, like a big (albeit non-functional) windmill, a floating chinese palace with hanging gardens, Bowsers Castle, a giant hollowed-out tree/home. Oh, and recreations of sprites from various video game characters.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Typically The Ultimate Doom or Quake, just love those games to death.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh a few, a few.
Past chilling joys;

Starfox Adventures

Kameo: Elements of power

Viva Pinata

Any 3D Zelda

Trine series

Puzzle quest 2

Clash of heroes.

---

Le more recent examples;

Hand of Fate (hey, it's just nice to have a guy dealing out cards, making all the decisions for you for your game fix, though he is a bit pushy at times.)

Flow

Flower

Journey

Rebel Galaxy

Infamous: first light

Transistor (It's actually quite easy once you learn to utilise the moves, the soundtrack, soft voice acting and visuals lull me into a trance. Love it!)

Dying light: Enhanced edition (Now hear me out, there is something about freerunning from house to house, looting people's unused possessions while leaping gayly over zombie heads like an R rated Mario that calms me away from killing sprees. Although those fast screaming zombies can seriously fuck right off. Always ruining my peaceful cleptomania sessions.)

Far Cry type stealthing of enemy bases. (Lying down in a bush with a high powered sniper rifle, marking enemies while watching their movement patterns is a Zen moment to admire, before it all goes to shit because of an angry honey badger nipping at your your balls.)

Dust: An Elysian Tail

I...err, like calming games. It eases a few problems. Though I used to assume tower defense games would be a chill out experience, being that all you do is build defenses and wait. But hell no. They are stressful little turdcakes of condensed anger and anxiety disguised as something calm. Like a placid lake housing a vast school of vicious piranhas.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
Mount and Blade: Warband. Starting a new character, picking an easy starting area and slaughtering looters and bandits on horseback is strangely cathartic.

ZeD [taken 0]

Apr 21, 2012
Firewatch.

Coziest virtual experience I've ever had.

EDIT; Running in the woods at night in DayZ is also oddly satisfying. Preferrably empty server.
Something about the sound design and lighting effects making it feel so real.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Im not sure I would call it a game so much as an interactive experience but when I like to mellow out and just think I tend to play an indie game called Glitch hikers. All it is is you drive down a road in the middle of the night and have interesting philosophical discussions with characters. They only thing you can do is speed up, speed down, change lanes, and talk but its something that calms me down and makes me think about the world around me. Perfect for chilling out IMO

Akjosch

Sep 12, 2014
Dwarf Fortress. Just plan out huge constructions and excavation and watch the little ones scramble and create. No rush, no hurry, just relaxing.

On mobile, grinding in Battle Girl High School with its rhythm-based combat is a good time to chill out too. Not when in a high score event or co-op, of course ...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Funny that this thread was revitalized, seeing as I restarted playing my favorite chillout game just the other day. Planetbase. It's nuts how many hours I've pumped into that very straightforward game, but damn if it isn't fun to me.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. I can pick it up and play it any time and enjoy myself. There are also the three games I usually play when listening to podcasts; Hearthstone, Minecraft, and slither.io.