Your favorite fictional demons.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Elfgore said:
Pretty much every demon in Highschool DxD is my favorite. Just because those are the only demons I can think of.
Beat me to it.

Rias and Akeno are my top favs, but each girl is good in their own way.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I would have to say Aku and Lord Sheogorath. Need I even say way?

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011

First champion in League of Legends that I bought and so far he's still my favorite one. Some could argue he isn't a demon but he's as old as time itself and his normal skin looks incredibly demonlike.

Also his blade drinks blood and he then sacrifices his life force to fuel his techniques. So yea I'm calling demon.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Crowley.

(Art courtesy the "First thing on Google Images" method)

Because why choose between "suave hero" and "muffins with fresh baby uvula"?

Also love Jakabok Botch from Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone. A tragic villain in deep denial about his homosexuality who wishes he could be a good person, but just can't give up the luxury of bathing in infants' blood.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Master_of_Oldskool said:
Crowley.

(Art courtesy the "First thing on Google Images" method)

Because why choose between "suave hero" and "muffins with fresh baby uvula"?

Also love Jakabok Botch from Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone. A tragic villain in deep denial about his homosexuality who wishes he could be a good person, but just can't give up the luxury of bathing in infants' blood.

Crowley - A better devil then the Devil himself.

Lucifer would also be a good example in the show, if they didn't make a clear distinction between demons and fallen angels in it. I don't think I've ever liked a Lucifer character as much as the one from supernatural. YOu could almost root for him and the apocalypse.

EDIT: Wait a minute... does that Colt not have a trigger guard?

Never noticed that before.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Cherubael, I suppose. I dunno why, I just thought he was..., well is, pretty cool. And classy. And sneaky. And powerful.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
jurnag12 said:
Nicodemus Archleone from the Dresden Files.
Nether Nicodemus, nor Anduriel (The Fallen Angel which has possessed him), are demons.
I'd say that's a matter of perspective. I just file away the Fallen under Demons, but I might very well be wrong.

I still stand by my choice, though. Nicky's badass enough to warrant a spot here.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Dfskelleton said:
Mephistopheles from the Faust legend.
He's a despicable agent of Satan who exists solely for the corruption of souls, but he's completely blunt about it. He's no deceiver or trickster; he straight up tells Faust "Look, I can grant you whatever you desire on this earth, but at some point, you're going to burn agonizingly in Hell for all eternity with no hope of redemption. You are flat out selling me your soul. Are you alright with that? May I remind you that Hell really, really sucks?"
And then Faust agrees. Brilliant.
Not only is he straightforward, but he's also quite the gentleman. And I have to say...

Dat outfit...

Also, the characterization of Satan in Paradise Lost was phenomenal. He lures you in with this seemingly tragic backstory, this facade that he's been mistreated by a tyrannical God, and he gives these rallying, powerful speeches, but by the end, you'll realize that he's an irrational, self-righteous lunatic, who didn't even have a good reason before he tried to kill the omnipotent creator of the universe using military force alone. It was very well executed, you just have to be careful how you talk about it. Going around saying "Yeah, Satan is really great." is a recipe for disaster. Especially if you're a Christian.
Having studied both of those I have to agree; their characterization is pretty awesome.

Aesthetically, all demons featured on Magic: The Gathering cards. I'd have Kev Walker's babies if I could.

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
Mephisto from Diablo 2 was always my favourite of the Prime Evils, he looked awesome and Lord of Hatred is an awesome title!

Mephistopheles in Neverwinter Nights was amazing! I loved the way he put his plan into motion!

Other than those two, I guess I'd have to say Rakanishu from Diablo 2, a crazy Dark Blue Carver who usually has his name said by the Fallen/Carver/Devilkin/etc.

And The Horned Reapers from Dungeon Keeper, it was a tough choice between them and Horny, but a creature that gets angry for no reason and has to be sealed off from the rest of your dungeon to stop it going on a bloody rampage and killing you is waaaaaaaay cooler than a big demon summoned temporarily by a Talisman.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Forobryt said:
jurnag12 said:
Nicodemus Archleone from the Dresden Files.
Thought that was the name of the host not the fallen.
But in the same verse what about Chaunzaggoroth? The demon he gets some info from who talks like a gentleman.

Though the outsiders seem more like true demons than anything else in the dresden-verse.
I have a spot for Chauncy, too. Monstrous thing with a wicked-looking beak, and he pulls out library specs from nowhere. I would've loved to see more of him.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I'm quite fond of Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji.

I'm also partial to Scanty and Kneesocks... when they aren't being incestuous.

And, of course, I'm fond of this particular specter.

Scorpion of Mortal Kombat

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Behold!

Tobi

Tobi was an enemy, a gatekeeper you had to race in order to progress, but that didn't mean he couldn't be a good sport.

Fairwell Tobi, you were a scholar and a gentleman.

A wild Ninetails appeared.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Griselbrand. Sac 6 Shadowborn Apostles, swing (with haste). Gain 7, pay 7, draw 7. That's pretty cool.

On a more serious note (is talking about demons ever serious), I think probably take a succubus. Pretty much any of them are good, except that one from the new DmC...

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
ChanTheNoob said:
Samael from Darksiders, just because he was so powerful that he was imprisoned so he wouldn't take over hell and ruin Lucifer's day.

He is also coincidently the only demon I can actually remember from anything, so there's that.
I was just thinking about Samael. I always liked how the demons in Darksiders weren't so much 'evil' as 'grossly self-interested', so much so the Sam would get locked away for simply trying to gain more power. Then I thought about the only person who looked at the end of the world and though "I can make a profit out of this".

Good old Vulgrim. He's just such a bastard, yet so necessary!

I am of course also a huge sucker for 40k daemons. Especially those of the 'Bloooooooddddddd!!!!!' variety.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Tobi. He may have just been a paper scrap of a demon, but he was the only one that made racing through a death-trap fun, the one I look forward to seeing when I get to Oni Island, and the only one to bring me to tears whenever I do another play through, even though I know its coming. He died doing what he loved... Farewell, sweet prince, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Jacques Joseph

Nov 15, 2012
I´d agree with quite a lot of mentions here, from Hellboy to Crowley but just to add something to the list, I´m quite surprised this one hasn´t come up before:

I´m not really sure if the Pale man qualifies as a demon but in all honesty, he is one of the scariest things I´ve seen (even though he doesn´t seem to be such a big deal in the grand scheme of things)...

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Pretty much all of the demons from Jade Empire, but this one was forever emblazoned into my imagination.

optimusjamie

Jul 14, 2012
I really like the daemons in Warhammer, both Fantasy and 40k. Also, Crowley from Good Omens and Satan in Paradise Lost.

But... I'm surprised nobody mentioned this dude: