Your favorite "first person" game

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
Half life games
Penumbra and Amnesia
Arma II (Even though I like third person >.< )

That's it.

gunny1993

Jun 26, 2012
Half:life games
Nihgtmarehouse 2
Borderlands
Halo

It changes depending on which one i played last

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Hm... I just noticed that I'm not one for games in first person, I've only been immersed in a few so I'll pick;
Minecraft, Fallout 3 and Oblivion.
This took me awhile because most of my games are third person and I only have the really good first person ones.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yay for good taste. I don't usually agree with the OP.

It's either Metroid Prime or Half-Life 2, this hasn't changed ever since I first played them. Both of them have amazing designs, and almost everything else is really well done. Actually, these 2 games are possibly the best experience I've had out of all.

Manji187 said:
Wow, I was so sure somebody would have mentioned Minecraft by now. But nope, shooty shooty it is for most people as expected.
Usually I just ignore these, but why would I choose Minecraft over Metroid Prime, or any of the other games mentioned?

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Right now Black ops but Blops 2 looks good so maybe that will be my new favorite.My favorite was Bioshock but replaying that made me realize I don't like it as much as I used to.
The Darkness is a close second though.

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Im a sucker for lists... what can I say?
- Halo (especially Halo: CE. Golly that was a decent game!)
- Half-Life
- Team Fortress 2
- Deus-Ex: Human Revolution
and Battlefield 3 for my multiplayer obsession at the moment.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Nazulu said:

It's either Metroid Prime or Half-Life 2, this hasn't changed ever since I first played them. Both of them have amazing designs, and almost everything else is really well done. Actually, these 2 games are possibly the best experience I've had out of all.

Manji187 said:
Wow, I was so sure somebody would have mentioned Minecraft by now. But nope, shooty shooty it is for most people as expected.
Usually I just ignore these, but why would I choose Minecraft over Metroid Prime, or any of the other games mentioned?
It's not that you are supposed to choose Minecraft over Metroid Prime.

It's just that looking at the majority of replies to this thread, one could wonder whether the title shouldn't be changed to "favorite first-person SHOOTER". Obviously, there is more to that perspective than shooting; Minecraft is just one of the best examples. As is Amnesia TDD.

Dashiva

Jul 29, 2012
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Marvelous, hugely underrated game.

Plus anything Halo.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
Metroid Prime.
Ninja'd by OP! I'm also going to give honourable mention to GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark.

Manji187 said:
Nary a mention of Portal yet either!

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Anthraxus said:
tsb247 said:
It's ArmA II for me. I like the realism. That, and you can free look independently of the gun. That's just plain cool! I've already made it through each campaign once, and I am on another play-through of each on the hardest difficulty.
If your into the single player campaigns, you should try Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion Resistance. (if you haven't already) It has a much better campaign than Arma2. Play on the hardest difficulty from the start too.
I have the original Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis + all expansions. I have beaten every campaign except Red Hammer, and that's because red Hammer just isn't all that good. It was developed by Codemasters after all. I'm working on a replay of the NATO campaign right now!

luke10123

Jan 9, 2010
Thoric485 said:
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic by far.

Melee, magic, archery, stealth - it's all fluid and spectacularly animated. Skyrim is a hack job in comparison.
Dunno if that'd make my top FP games list, but it's an awesome game, never played a game with more satisfying melee combat. Now where's that next-gen sequal??

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Manji187 said:
Nazulu said:

Manji187 said:
It's not that you are supposed to choose Minecraft over Metroid Prime.

It's just that looking at the majority of replies to this thread, one could wonder whether the title shouldn't be changed to "favorite first-person SHOOTER". Obviously, there is more to that perspective than shooting; Minecraft is just one of the best examples. As is Amnesia TDD.
That's not fair though. The shooters mentioned have obviously had a bigger impact on those people than Minecraft. And just because there are more shooters, doesn't mean it's just because it's for shooting experience (not that I'm exactly implying you meant that). It could of been for the story or characters, or maybe just the music.

I would of chose Portal if Metroid Prime and Half-Life 2 didn't exist. The reason I prefer MP and HL2 because I find their designs far more interesting, as well as the choice of tools and different events make them more replayable.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Crysis and Halo for making me feel I'm in an actual Power Armor suit. Fallout 3 for the explorative-ness.

Reginald

May 9, 2012
Doom, Quake, Duke 3D, Half Life (1, 2, Opposing Force & Blue Shift), Deus Ex, and Morrowind, if that counts. In no particular order. The first four for the satisfying gameplay, the latter two for their rich worlds and adventure and garbage.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
There is a tie for me between two FP games that don't usually involve a lot of shooting.

Breakdown and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

Both games featured a lot more than just shooting. This is why I think I enjoyed them so much. It wasn't just point and shoot. Riddick in particular featured a lot of stealth.

Hawkolf

Mar 14, 2012
Fallout 3 for the great atmosphere. I'll never forget fighting my first super-mutant in DC after FINALLY finding a safe way in there.
Then Bioshock. Would you kindly agree with me that the style of this game was something spectacular?
Lastly I'll probably choose Battlefield 3 for amazingly enjoyable multiplayer.
I'm not really that sure about Skyrim because it ended up pretty shallow. Sneaking and archery was extremely fun though.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
What is your favorite game that uses the first person perspective?

For me, it is Metroid Prime.
Ninjad' by the Opening Post.
Thanks a lot!
You did this just to screw with me didn't you?

Cosmosis

Mar 12, 2012
Fallout: New Vegas.

I'm generally not a fan of first person games, they bring the violence too close, man. I can see the death coming from me. I'm a monster...

Anyway.

I love me some Fallout, first person or otherwise. New Vegas gives me a great setting in a world I love, and the ability to set my gun down, to stop the killing, just to talk.

;;

The Portals are pretty cool too, but I love me some Fallout.