Your favorite "first person" game

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Thoric485 said:
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic by far.

Melee, magic, archery, stealth - it's all fluid and spectacularly animated. Skyrim is a hack job in comparison.
Elder Scrolls open world + that games combat system = I never need to buy another game again.
Russell Thompson said:
kyosai7 said:
Hmm, hard to say... I played Skyrim entirely in 3rd person, so that doesn't count...
I usually don't do first person, so let's make a list...

Painkiller
Bulletstorm
Everquest (back during the first 5 or so expansions, when I first played it as a kid with my mom, 1st person was the defualt viewpoint, and how I played. Now I don't know if I could do a first person MMO, lol)
Breakdown

Tie between Breakdown and EQ...
BREAKDOWN!!!!!!!. BOUGHT IT, PLAY IT, LOST IT......NEVER SEEN IT ANYWHERE EVERY SINCE!!!!.
That game kicked ass.
Yeah, dude. It's an amazing game. I see copies every now and again at my local used game stores.

Red Mammoth

Sep 2, 2011
Metro: 2033

It does extremely well what a First-Person game should do well; Immersion in the game's world, and immersion in the character that you play as.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, i really loved Left 4 Dead 1. And Portal 1. And Half-life 2. But i guess most of those three, i enjoyed L4D1. Great game, really enjoyable.

GoldenDragon14

Oct 21, 2011
I think halo 3 is my favorite, because i loved the fact that you could drive vehicles, and also because getting all my friends together for a huge LAN party was really fun! :3

eimatshya

Nov 20, 2011
Hmm... if we're counting games where you can play in either 1st or 3rd person view, then I'd go with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's my second favorite game of all time (after Fallout 2), so that's a no brainer for me.

If we're talking games that are exclusively 1st person, then... maybe Dark Forces? I played that game an obscene amount when I was little. Runners up would probably be Daggerfall, Deus Ex (the original), and Golden Eye for the N64, which I also played a lot as a kid. Strangely, I haven't played many exclusively first person games in recent years.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Definately Bioshock.

I enjoy the game for much more than merely being a FPS/RPG hybrid, but still works as a good FPS.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My is pretty much the same as your OP (that game is gorgeous seeing it in first person).

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
L...l...l...look at you hacker...

Yup. System Shock 2. Scary sci-fi RPG that with Deus Ex and Half Life is the foundation of so many great (but not as good) games.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Hilariously,Dungeon Keeper. The game got awesome with two words.

"Grenum Intergum"

Train a Mistress,Vampire,or Dragon to level ten. Possess. Go on glorious rampage. I seriously loved possessing Mistresses. Flick on the speed buff,then nothing but Drain beams and Thunderbolts. Killed everything that didn't know Reflect. And it was GLORIOUS.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
GTwander said:
Daggerfall
This. I loved it, and I still do now.

I also pay mount and blade from the first person perspective.

And the last game that totally rocked my socks off was Legend of Grimrock. Pure brilliance, that one.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Republic Commando. Maybe not the greatest game ever made, but no first person game ever gave me as much fun on the first playthrough. The HUD was cool as fuck too.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I would have to say Skryim by quite a bit. I know you can play it in 3rd person but I almost exclusively use 1st unless I'm just looking at my character.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011

Not kidding, not even a little. I also play quite a bit of Battlefield currently, so I have good contrast for comparison in my library.

Man, back in the days when games were made just to be fun...

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
Mirror's Edge - heaps of fun, loved every minute of it
Counterstrike Source - is every game I ever needed for like 3 years
Battlefield 1942 - has the most fun gameplay for a LAN game
Wolfenstein 3D - true classic
Minecraft - is Minecraft.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I feel like I should agree with you on Metroid Prime. So atmospheric.

But I'm going to say TimeSplitters Future Perfect, for the nostalgias.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Probably Call of Duty: World at War. I'm probably going to be torn apart limb from limb for liking a CoD game, but it was quite possibly one of the most fun games I've ever played. I loved Nazi Zombies, the multiplayer, and the campaign.

Also, Borderlands has been a 100+ hours timesink for me.

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
From a visual/artistic perspective?

Half Life 2
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Mirror's Edge
Portal 2
Halo Series
Call of Duty (Modern Warfare Series/Black Ops)

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Would it be terrible of me to say that I like Postal 2 & 3?

If so, my other choices would have to be Call of Duty: Black Ops... for Zombies and Multiplayer.