Your favorite game soundtracks.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Well, I LOVE the metal gear solid series's sountrack. Specifically MGS:3.

Also, FTL has good BGM.

But best of all is Katamari Damacy. dem balls.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Twyce said:
I found nothing captured a games essence more than this track from Silent Hill 2. It fits the tone and emotions of the game perfectly.

I second that. SH2 was one of the best gaming experiences of my life, and the soundtrack played a large part in that. Those melancholic tunes, combined with the incredibly unsettling "music" during battles and such, made for a very memorable experience. That old trilogy kinda reminded me about Twin Peaks, just way more twisted version of it, that is.

Other standout soundtracks:

Metroid Prime
Mario series in general (seriously, even non-gamers can probably hum three or four songs out of the mario series. Then you know as a musical director you did something right).
Final Fantasy VI
Secret of Mana (might be the best soundtrack in an RPG ever)
Zelda IV: A Link to the Past
WipEout (some might prefer the fully licensed 2097 soundtrack, but to me the first one will always be the best. Groundbreaking at the time, and the in-house work of Cold Storage was stunning. I remember other producers and DJ's bought the game just to be able to hear his work. Now that's how you make videogames cool!)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Lock and load, baby - every soundtrack composed by:

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
My favorite videogame song:Nothing beats this, this song makes you feel more of a badass than Batman!

This song is the reason I got into my all time favourite franchise, I was walking by as I heard this and had to take a look at what it was, and damn... that got me to try it out and the rest was history.
This song was so chill, it set the vibe for the game and pretty much one of the main reasons I liked it so much.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Well, my favorite has to be Bastion. That music is amazing. I especially like the ones with singing:

World of Warcraft has some pretty great music as well:

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Daisuke Ishiwatari's works have been favourites of mine. BB and GG sound amazing.

Worgen said:
Twilight theme
Rainbow Dash theme
Applejack theme
Fluttershy theme

From MLP Fighting is Magic, its still not out but soon.
I'm no brony, but I really liked those tunes. Mane 6 really is putting in the work for this game.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Razentsu said:
Daisuke Ishiwatari's works have been favourites of mine. BB and GG sound amazing.

Worgen said:
Twilight theme
Rainbow Dash theme
Applejack theme
Fluttershy theme

From MLP Fighting is Magic, its still not out but soon.
I'm no brony, but I really liked those tunes. Mane 6 really is putting in the work for this game.
Interesting side note, those songs are partly responsible for me becoming a brony, I showed them to my friend and that caused him to watch the series then one night during our drinking and movies he convinced me to watch it and once I finished season 2. Boom, brony. Didn't expect that to happen.