Your favorite game soundtracks.

sammysoso

Jul 6, 2012
Oooh, lots of good ones. I'll try and limit myself here:

-Halo (series)
-Mass Effect (series)
-Uncharted (series)
-Elder Scrolls (series)
-Medal of Honor (the WWII entries in the series)
-Journey
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Max Payne 3

Zinzinbadio

Dec 21, 2012
I like the world ends with you soundtrack it really fit the themes of the game and made the fights so much cooler.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I am quite disappointed, everypony. Nopony mentioned Sonic Adventure 2~!
<spoiler=Lots of video ahead>
<youtube=u9zZus_1_ag>
Ah, the main theme. Who can forget that

<youtube=LWiSEyU76M4>
Eggman's theme. Also quite badass.

<youtube=8O_CmBn9sUo>
Shadow's theme. REALLY badass.

<youtube=Z6NaZrPQGfY>
The first DAMN LEVEL Theme is so cool, it got two more remixes.
<youtube=_Toq36g7uqg>
<youtube=FxqldRYOTmU>
<youtube=vKB3BC-LFho>

<youtube=xYCNQVIA-xg>
All of Knuckle's level's music contains rap. It ranges from Menh to KILL IT WITH FIRE! But Pumpkin Hill this holds a special place in my heart.

<youtube=zah19RJJ2EQ>
This always sent chills up my spine for some reason.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Easy. I love me some soundtracks. In no particular order:

The Halo series
The Mass Effect series
Journey
Shadow of the Colossus
Uncharted 3
The Elder Scrolls series
The Metal Gear Solid series
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Alan Wake

Bonus video for added perfection:

Draconalis

Sep 11, 2008
Honorable mention has to go to Journey... but I think my number one favorite game soundtrack would probably be "Master of Orion 2"

Sure it's simply... but I love it.

Edit:

Proverbial Jon said:
Easy. I love me some soundtracks. In no particular order:

The Halo series
The Mass Effect series
Journey
Shadow of the Colossus
Uncharted 3
The Elder Scrolls series
The Metal Gear Solid series
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Alan Wake
Since you can't seem to pick one at your favorite, I would wager it isn't as easy as you think :p

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I'm not going to post any videos, mainly because I've done it many times before, but also because if I start, I'll be here all night.

But the Sonic games, whether they themselves were amazing, great, good, bad, awful or unplayable, have ALWAYS had some amazing music.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Xenoblade is rapidly becoming my favorite
but my perennial favorites are Zelda, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, most of Final Fantasy, and Pokemon.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Gothic 3's soundtrack is pretty high on my list of favourites. The whole thing (much like the games world) was done incredibly awesomely. Both Rome: Total War and Medieval II (though I really don't like the latter as a game) have very good and fitting soundtracks. Both Witcher games have great soundtracks as well. All of these I sometimes find myself listening to out of game. Pretty good stuff.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Surprised it hasn't been linked to yet, but Bastion has easily my favourite game soundtrack.

It's the only game soundtrack I'll listen to regularly in a non-gaming environment. The entire soundtrack is fantastic to, not just one or two songs.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
The Madman said:
Surprised it hasn't been linked to yet, but Bastion has easily my favourite game soundtrack.

It's the only game soundtrack I'll listen to regularly in a non-gaming environment. The entire soundtrack is fantastic to, not just one or two songs.
I love that game, everything about it is amazing.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Some of my favorites are already posted, but Dreamfall deserves a bit of commendation for its soundtrack.

oplinger said:
I'm not going to share videos, or anything. Because it's really the whole sound track, and you should all look it up.

Bastion.
No denying that Setting Sail was a perfect note to end on.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I was going to say Journey, but seeing as someone already beat me to that, I shall go with Planescape: Torment:

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Brütal Legend
Every Tony Hawk game except Ride and Shred (well, haven't played those two)
Shadow of the Colossus

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
DmC, Far Cry 3, Heavy Rain, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Trauma team.

Yeah i've been asked this before XD

EDIT; crap forgot person 4...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Slenn said:
Riven:
A stark contrast to its prequel, Myst, Riven's music was mysterious, ambient, alien, and gave you the feeling that the world you were in really felt like it was on the verge of disaster. While some may say most of the soundtrack feels like it's in the same key, I still enjoy it to this day, because I can't think of any other game soundtrack that is quite like it.
Correct.

Just... Correct.

I gotta say that Uru had bits that were absolutely great, too, though.

<youtube=tDLWttoFptM>

This tune set the mood in the beginning so well, and it followed with silence interspersed with excellent music. Myst in general did their music really well.

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
Anything from the Halo and Mass Effect series, Elder Scrolls (especially Skyrim. That theme gets me every time), Bastion, and, if

we're allowed to include soundtracks not necessarily written for the game, then Midnight Club 3, NFL Street, and Brutal Legend.

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
Bastion is always a great one.

FTL is great while in game, but I'm not fond of listening to it outside of the game.

Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery. I hate the game, but the soundtrack is beautiful. I got it as part of a humble bundle, and it came with the soundtrack. Great mix of rock and chiptunes. I love using this as generic background music.

Final Fantasy 9 has some of my favorite pieces in a AAA title.

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda soundtrack.

That's all I can think of. Oh, and I daresay that those that use licensed music shouldn't qualify. I've always had a problem with Rock Band/Guitar Hero games winning "best soundtrack" awards, using licensed music is cheating IMO. It should be done in-house.