Your Favorite Let's Player

Zebidizy

Apr 8, 2009
Robbaz king of sweden :D he is hilarious and I really enjoy the commentaries he does. plus every game he has done so far has made me want to play them. I see that as a success plus VIKINGS!!!!!! and walrus make it awesome xD

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Spoiler Warning! Of Shamus Young/Josh Viel Escapist fame. Now with Campster of Errant Signal [https://www.youtube.com/user/campster?feature=results_main]
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?page_id=16386
It kinda defaults because its now the only Lets Play I watch (bar one other), but then I've had experience of other lets plays, they just haven't retained my interest.

At first I probably liked it because they had a negative opinion of Mass Effect 2 and I'd felt like I was the only person with a negative opinion of Mass Effect 2, and then I came to love the interplay between the cast the crazyness and the adherance to the good media traditions of every group of X people having their own specific wildly different stereotype and niche. The Grumpy One, The Smart One, The Chaotic One and the Funny One. So analysis and sillyness, but mainly designed for people who've played their games or will never play their games.

Otherwise if I want a Lets Play, I actually prefer written Lets Plays. Generally anayltical over funny, but Shamus' Lets Plays on this site suited me fine in the mix.

However I also want to mention Roach Grace because there's something compelling about a German lady's Let's Play of Max Payne where the commentary mainly consists of 'Gott! Gott! Okay ... quick-save... scheiss scheiss...' Gradually been driven insane by the ridiculous style of difficulty of that game
I swear you don't even have to speak German to enjoy it =D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63jOsv3_8s#t=2m20s

jacob97900

Mar 17, 2009
All the guys from TheRunAwayGuys, Chuggaaconroy, Nintendo Caprisun and Proton Jon, all three are good in their own, but when they combine to do a lets play of a multiplayer game, the awesome factor goes up exponentially.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Two Best Friends/TheSw1tcher, as many before me have already mentioned. Besides the fact that they're just two really entertaining guys, they also have a variety of things going for them that other Let's Players don't, like how even if the one that's actually playing the game is terrible at it, the other guy is always there to rip him apart for his idiocy, so I don't get frustrated like I do with other Let's Plays. Plus the token "smart" one, Pat, usually knows a decent amount of trivia behind the game in question or about things relating to the game, and they both tend to analyze the games critically, even if it's just in a bashing and humorous way, and those are things I don't see nearly enough of in LPs. Most Let's Plays are just inane, random chatter over game footage, but that's not what Two Best Friends Play is, and I love it.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Only watch a few LP'ers.

Husky - When he plays Pokémon or Black Mesa, Starcraft 2 doesn't interest me that much.
Kurtjmac - Farlands or Bust is quite fun.
PewDiePie - Because he is from Sweden and has some fun stuff I watch
(and before you ask, no I don't give a fuck about anyone elses opinion about PewDie :D )

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I love the Game Grumps because they are the boopinest.

I usually follow a let's player for a few weeks at most and then get bored (happened with Tobuscus and PewDiePie, I now hate their guts and everything about them). However, the Yogscast has had me enthralled for a couple months now. My favorites among them are Sips and Sjin and Duncan. Sips and Sjin are hilarious, and Duncan doesn't constantly talk. When he does, though, it's something worthwhile.

Although I still love Cryaotic despite him being friends with Pewds. (and only occasionally watching a video of his)

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
Northernlion is probably my favorite. He has a nice voice and a good sense of humor. He also has the one thing that is so rare in lets players: the ability to not get mad at the game when he loses. Believe me, he did a dark souls lets play and kept cool the whole time.
Don't know if he really counts as a "lets player" but I watch Purge's Dota 2 videos.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Does anyone have any LP's they can recommend me? I watch quite a few of them at my desk at work, they provide excellent background noise for me to occasionally tune into and enjoy during downtime.

Preferably LP's on Youtube. Workplace has blocked off places like LParchive, twitch.tv, and even google video.

I had my time enjoying Yogscast quite awhile back before their Shadow of Israphel series. I haven't gotten into their most recent content. Back when they began their first Minecraft:Survival series, I liked it a lot because of how terrible they actually were at survival and how they just didn't understand the game yet.

I watched a bit of Game Grumps as well. Overall, they're a funny duo - But I get burned out on them quickly, and I get tired of their shtick.

I'm currently watching an LP of Snatcher by slowbeef and Diabetus. Which I am enjoying greatly. A nice balance between joking, being informative, and immersing themselves in the game. This is the sort of LP I would like the most, I think.
Another example along those lines was an X-COM: UFO Defense LP by Kikoskia.

I guess I like it when the LP'ers I see nerd out immensely with the game they're playing.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Tohuvabohu said:
Does anyone have any LP's they can recommend me? I watch quite a few of them at my desk at work, they provide excellent background noise for me to occasionally tune into and enjoy during downtime.

Preferably LP's on Youtube. Workplace has blocked off places like LParchive, twitch.tv, and even google video.

I had my time enjoying Yogscast quite awhile back before their Shadow of Israphel series. I haven't gotten into their most recent content. Back when they began their first Minecraft:Survival series, I liked it a lot because of how terrible they actually were at survival and how they just didn't understand the game yet.

I watched a bit of Game Grumps as well. Overall, they're a funny duo - But I get burned out on them quickly, and I get tired of their shtick.

I'm currently watching an LP of Snatcher by slowbeef and Diabetus. Which I am enjoying greatly. A nice balance between joking, being informative, and immersing themselves in the game. This is the sort of LP I would like the most, I think.
Another example along those lines was an X-COM: UFO Defense LP by Kikoskia.

I guess I like it when the LP'ers I see nerd out immensely with the game they're playing.
It's been talked about in this thread, look up the Two Best Friends play Heavy Rain.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Benpasko said:
It's been talked about in this thread, look up the Two Best Friends play Heavy Rain.
I know. I'm looking up some that have been mentioned. But most others mentioned in this thread are things I've seen already, or don't enjoy all that much, or would like to see a very specific LP series - instead of a general mention of an LPer. (Work internet is incredibly slow today, so the less browsing I do the better.)

I'll look into that one though. I just can't get enough of people riffing on Heavy Rain.

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
I've always delighted myself by watching Yahtzee and Gabe do LP's. I like their easy-going blather. Plus the games they play are damn comical by themselves, and Yahtzee along with Gabe pointing out the many obvious flaws tickles something primitive in me :D

clockworkmonkey

May 15, 2012
I love watching Best Friends Play, but my absolute favourite is a English guy called Heartless (or 666theheartless666).

The lets play that got me hooked on his stuff was this'un:

His best let's play was Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. His sanity seems to just drain away towards the end of the game because it's so terrible.

Used to like Tobucus, but his voice has got on my nerves, he's not very funny anymore and he only ever seems to play Minecraft or Happy Wheels nowadays :/

Blue Jay

May 13, 2012
Personally I love Jessie Cox even though his seem to come out slow, he's so funny and I just really like the way he plays.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
I started watching that kind of stuff because of brutally difficult Super Mario hacks, so two people I've followed from time to time are ProtonJon and Tatsudoshi, but neither of them do that any more. This makes me sad. Two Minecraft people whose videos I enjoy are Kurtjmac and Jigarbov (NO I AM NOT BIASED SHUT UP).

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
TheAuzzieGamer, Hannah of the Yogscast, Necroscope86 and MalusCalibur spring to mind, Auzzie being hilarious enough to make me stop drinking whilst watching for fear of spitting drink on my keyboard, Hannah being the rarest of creatures, a funny, competant Let's Player, Necro being quite nice to listen to, and Malus doing a Hogs of War Let's Play which made me so goddamn happy I can't even describe it.