Your favorite Nintendo Villain.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
My younger brothers been playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again to relieve boredom, and that got me thinking into just how many different villains there all in the game. Than throughout the Nintendo Universe. Theres a lot of them, end game bosses, level bosses, mini bosses.
So whos your favorite and why. Is it the fight itself, his/hers history, or do they juts look badass.

My personal favorite is Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. Murder, extremely intelligent, cunning and witted. He does it all with a smile too, along with really good insulting jokes. Nothing like your average bumbling minion. Sure he may get defeated, but hes the enemy and the hero always wins (Not spoilers come on, it's true). But this guys truly evil and competent.

"I am Count Bleck's master of dimensions, the pleaser of crowds... I am...Dimentio!"

And he's a jester. Who doesn't like the fool.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm going with Team Ninja.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

But really, the only villain that stuck with me was Ghirahim from Skyward Sword.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I like Zant from Twilight Princess.

He starts out mysterious and powerful, but then we find out he's actually kind of likable and somewhat affable and oh-so-very insane. ^_^

How can you not like a villain who's motivation boils down to "I walked out on my balcony and I saw something weird and I heard a voice and it gave me powers and I decided to make it my boss and serve it, whatever it may be, because it asked nicely.
I'm going to jump around the room now. Wheee!~"

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
*points at avatar*

I can't access my Majora's mask escapist reply template doc right now, so I can't go into detail.

Suffice to say that Nintendo has never since made a villain that so entirely evil and destructive, while at the same time coming off as mysterious, somehwat relatable, and has motivations other than RULE THE WORLD!1!

The whole "The entire game is about inevitable doom" helps too.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Honorable mention has to go to Bowser because he's ****ing Bowser.

Hmm...my personal favorite though? Assuming we can count Pokemon, I'm going to go with Giovanni. I always liked him.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Waluigi

His taunts in Mario Golf make him the only character I want to play!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
For me that would be Skull Kid from Majora's Mask.

His laughs and screaming noises always were pretty cool to me.

paislyabmj

Mar 25, 2012
metaknight.
seriously he is fucking awesome.he is like a slasher evil bad guy in a Nintendo game.mare than that.he is an evil bad slasher villain,IN KIRBY GAMES.out of place as hell but that's what makes him awesome.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Ghetsis from Pokemon Black/White. This man is an absolute monster, which is why I thought he was such a good villain.

For one thing, he isn't incompetent like the rest of the evil organization leaders in past games. He's actually a threat.

So, let's talk about his evil.

N's mother died when he was very young.

Ghetsis, who is quite possibly not even his real father, "adopts" him, and promises him he will one day help to save all Pokemon.

He keeps N basically locked away in this creepy playroom all of his young life until he's 14 (or however old he is in the games). The only interaction this child has is between the two maids that Ghetsis had assigned to him and Pokemon that have gone through traumatic events and abuse by their trainers.

This was to brainwash N into thinking that all trainers are cruel and hurt their Pokemon.

This was also to keep N pure of heart for Ghetsis' bigger plan to take over the world using the power of Reshiram/Zekrom.

He plotted this with his seven sages. Also, Ghetsis commands a team of fucking NINJAS, who, if the order had been given, could have probably easily killed your character.

After you defeat N, Ghetsis disowns him and says how much of a disappointment he is, then reveals his true plans and mocks N for being so foolish as to believe him.

Then, he tries to stomp your character for interfering with his plans, and if I'm not mistaken, many people had more trouble with his Hydreigon than N's LEGENDARY DRAGON.

Even after you defeat Ghetsis, he still manages to slip away from the authorities, most likely making him the final boss in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

He robbed a child of his innocence and free-will and used him as a disposable pawn in his plans for world domination, all under the guise of trying to help Pokemon.

Total. Monster.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Vaati, for all the obvious reasons. Also Ghirahim because as far as I'm concerned he is Vaati.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
@Ghetsis: Hard to argue with that.

I actually really like Bowser among Nintendo villains for one main reason. Despite Bowser getting trumped by Mario many times over the last 26 years, the Koopa King will simply not surrender. Not even DEATH can stop him.

Bowser has lived through events that probably should've killed him. Many times. He's been dropped hundreds of feet onto solid ground. He's been boiled in lava. One time, his skin BURNED OFF in the lava bath, and he still came back to curbstomp Mario as a skeleton. And then he did that again! He's been electrocuted, he's been blown up, he's taken Yoshi eggs to the face, he's been punched into the sun, and he's even been sent spiraling into a black hole. You'd think someone would be dead after at least one of these (especially the black hole thing), but no. He got better.

Not to mention that many times, when Mario fights Bowser, it's not a straightforward fight. Yeah, in the older games, fireballs could knock him out. Nowadays, though, you often have to beat Bowser in some roundabout way. Punching or tossing fire at him won't do much good. You have to drop him with a switch. Or ground pound meteors into him. Or throw him into a bomb. In some Mario Party games where you fight Bowser, you may have to use a certain magic trinket you get, or you might have to press some switches to set an electric trap or something. The straightforward jump-attacks you use on enemies throughout the game usually only work on Bowser in the RPGs now.

So yeah, Bowser's kind of a loser, but dammit, he's trying. And nothing's gonna keep him down. Not even Death.

Might come back later if I think of another really good one and this topic lives.

IMGF

Mar 15, 2012
Lord Beautiful said:
This guy.

Fantastically evil and fabulous. Clearly, he is a better villain than Ganon.
You stole mine. I'm not sure who would even come close to competing with that.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I'll take Bowser, but specifically from the Paper Mario games. I like how the same guy that dominates entire kingdoms and galaxies in the regular games is so completely impotent in the face of every obstacle he comes across, and how he often has to join up with his archnemesis just to salvage the slightest scraps of pride just to get rid of the greater evil and maintain the fragile Mario/Bowser dynamic

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
C F said:
I like Zant from Twilight Princess.

He starts out mysterious and powerful, but then we find out he's actually kind of likable and somewhat affable and oh-so-very insane. ^_^

How can you not like a villain who's motivation boils down to "I walked out on my balcony and I saw something weird and I heard a voice and it gave me powers and I decided to make it my boss and serve it, whatever it may be, because it asked nicely.
I'm going to jump around the room now. Wheee!~"
The last encounter was goddamned hilarious.

And the boss battle was pretty fun too, I liked how it transported you around like that.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I like Ganondorf myself, with the Wind Waker incarnation being my favorite. Making him more of a tragic figure instead of the "I am so evil, mwahahahahaha, gimme Triforce, curse you Link and Zelda!" image that we're used to was a pretty ballsy move, but man did it work great. It gave us more insight to his character and really showed why he was the way he was.

Also, SWORD TO THE FOREHEAD! That's pretty hard to beat. :p

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
roushutsu said:
I like Ganondorf myself, with the Wind Waker incarnation being my favorite. Making him more of a tragic figure instead of the "I am so evil, mwahahahahaha, gimme Triforce, curse you Link and Zelda!" image that we're used to was a pretty ballsy move, but man did it work great. It gave us more insight to his character and really showed why he was the way he was.

Also, SWORD TO THE FOREHEAD! That's pretty hard to beat. :p
It would fit that nothing less than being stabbed through the brain, turned to stone, and buried at the very bottom of an ocean would stop Gannondorf from being Gannondorf.

OT: Dark Link, mostly because he's the polar opposite of what link is, and by a cruel twist of fate, that makes him everything you are, but three times as strong.