Your favorite RPG villain?

Rapamaha

Dec 6, 2010
Kreia from KOTOR 2 - eventho the game wasnt complete I dont know any other character who would be more oomplete than Kreia is

Saren from Mass Effect - specially if you read the revelations book you get to understand the character, he was a victim but he wasnt a saint before that

Loghain from Dragon Age Origins - suprised this isnt mentioned here, he believes what he does is right and best for the kingdom eventho many of his acts are...well "evil"

tycho0042

Jan 27, 2010
My personal favorite was Exdeath from FFV. He's the only villain I've ever seen who was opposed by heroes who had NO idea what the hell he was actually trying to do. He even asks them too.
"Do you even know what I'm trying to do?"
"No, but we'll stop you!"
And with a grand goal of returning everything to nothingness he's absolutely through. During the end boss fight he tells you how he's going to kill the heroes, the world, the universe then finally himself. Now THAT'S through!

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Rapamaha said:
Loghain from Dragon Age Origins - suprised this isnt mentioned here, he believes what he does is right and best for the kingdom eventho many of his acts are...well "evil"
Yes, this. He's an understandable villain. Although he's wrong, and the things he do are wrong, you can kind of see where he's coming from. That's a mark of a good villain in my book.

Edhellen

Sep 17, 2011
Wuggy said:
Yes, this. He's an understandable villain. Although he's wrong, and the things he do are wrong, you can kind of see where he's coming from. That's a mark of a good villain in my book.
Where Loghain's character failed was that all of his development came in the very last hour of gameplay in an 80-hour game and even then it's very easily missed even if the player buys the DLC.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Does Leblanc count? She's kind of a villain... well, more like a comedic foil, really, so if she doesn't count, then my vote goes to the Shadowlord.

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
Tales of Vesperia's Yeager hands down. Awesome accent and his "Caress of Death!". He was also actually a great guy who did allot of good, such as donating to and supporting orphanages, between helping an army captain kill innocents and assisting one who plans to use a super weapon that turns out to cause Armageddon.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
The Dark Adonis ... I mean Mid-Boss

I found him particularly entertaining, especially what with the amount of times you actually fight him... His first encounter is the funniest though "I am the Dark Adonis" "From now on you'll be called 'Mid-Boss'"

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
Is Ammon Jerro considered evil? He was the coolest one I encountered so far, especially when he showed up with his two Pit Fiends.
I can guarantee that Ammon Jerro is evil. Iv seen his character sheet. Its sais Neutral Evil. He's just not a villain.

Im not going to bother to quote anyone on this one; Ill just say that Darth Revan is not a villain. He is a PC.

I can only think of one really good one from video games: GLaDOS all the way! From the world of DnD I'm going with Szass Tam because he rules from the shadows and he's scurry. I also like Strahd Von Zarovich because hes bat shit insane.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Frank "Semper Fi" Horrigan from Fallout 2.
He works for evil "empire" but he is a soldier. No unnecesarry hate, loathing or cruelty. He is there to do his job and that's the bottom line. I like to find some qualities i could respect in my enemies. :)

The Madman said:
Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. Not only did he turn out to be a fairly sympathetic character once you begin to realize his motivations later in the game,
NEVER ! Irenicus is evil from beginning to the end and his motivations are greed and self preservations.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Drakmeire said:
Not even the main villain but Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You is ZETTA awesome.
One of the few bosses I've seen who really just does not care, he goes through almost all the game just messing with people, Stacking trash, and screaming incorrect math equations.
you fight him twice, he becomes insanely powerful, and then
is killed offscreen after being crushed by random trash.
Somehow is still the most endearing villain in the game.
I heart you so much right now.

Well, besides pi-face, I'd go with Magus from Chrono Trigger, your typical Toriyama anti-hero, but that's what makes him awesome. That and his cool blue hair, scythe, tragic backstory, and of course his plot for revenge.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
SilverJin02 said:
Curse me for saying it, but I'll just start by saying Kefka's a failure in my eyes. Yes, he achieved godhood. And then STILL failed. And he's a clown. CLOOOWN. Ok, now that I've got that out of my system...

I think I've said this before, but Duke from Tales of Vesperia. He's just a very deep character. I find it interesting that you're not so much against him as you are against his methods.
you call kefka bad?!

Son of a submariner, where can I find some Poison?!

Mysticgamer

Apr 14, 2009
RatRace123 said:
I'm gonna have to go with Saren from Mass Effect. He made Mass Effect as strong a game as it was with his antagonistic presence. The sequel's story was a lot weaker without an antagonist like Saren.
I liked Saren as a villian but I didn't like how under utilized he was in the game. After he discovers Sheppard ativated the beacon, he goes into a dangerous rage and vows to her/him. Then he sends several hired goons to kill you on the way to the bar and then nothing else from him at all until you get to Virmire then fight him one last time on Citadel.

Rems

May 29, 2011
The Madman said:
Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2. Not only did he turn out to be a fairly sympathetic character once you begin to realize his motivations later in the game, but he genuinely gets shit done. Seriously, this isn't some pushover villain that stands in the background and monologues only to turn into a complete wimp once it's time to throw down, no, he's not only fully capable of kicking ass but does so multiple times throughout the game making him feel like a genuine threat.

Agreed, Irenicus is a proper villain. He's intelligent, effective, somewhat sympathetic and always one step ahead of you. He was always calm, cool and collected, always in control. You were literally no more than an annoyance to him, a small step in his greater plan. Not to mention he had some great lines and voice actor did some good work. Throughout the game he always felt like a real threat.