Your favorite rule of combat.

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
My question is simple: if your were in a battlefield (any time period or location,) what rule would you hold above all others?

Mine is, " An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody." (Also the subject of one of my favorite T-shirts.)

So what is your One Rule?

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Any time period before the advent of guns:

Stick them with the pointy end.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
There is just as much honour in living for your cause as there is in dying for it.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
If it looks like a good place for an ambush, you should always think there is one. You can only be pleasantly surprised.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Don't bring a gun to a knife fight. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. And never bring Chuck Norris to any fights.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
This is a quote, it's a bit long winded, but bear with me.
"It means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut.

"The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush Him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.

"It is the balance to life: death. )t is the dance with death."
~Sword of Truth (Temple of the Winds)

He's talking about a symbolic pendant, btw.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
"If you can see it, you can hit it. If you can hit it, you can kill it in a single shot."-Steve Gallacci applying real-life military experience to comics to explain why he'll never use giant robots in his works.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Kill the other guy before he can kill you or your friend. Keep this up and you'll win. It doesn't matter how it is done. Whether by bullet, bomb, knife, or your own bare hands. It is not your place to die, it is your place to make sure the other guys do.

mastermerrick said:
Mine is, " An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody." (Also the subject of one of my favorite T-shirts.)
Thats just great. :D

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
There is nothing pretty about all this. It is not a matter of winning. It is a matter of life and death. And death is nothing to take lightly. Spare those who allow themselves to be spared. Your enemy has his own history and his own family.