Your favorite underappreciated games...

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Wind Waker had great free roaming, but its only good if you like boats.

Most underrated games are from companies who cant afford to expand their gameplay which gives their games the same gameplay as huge cashcows like EA, Sony etc. but with slightly worse graphics.

Oh, and these are two different threads.

This may not necessarily be your favourite. Durr.

silentbob150

Apr 24, 2008
I'd certainly say Lair is underrated. Seriously. Heard nothing but dreadful reviews and horror stories about the controls. So I decided to rent the game instead.

I'll admit, it took a short time to get used to the controls, but once I did, I was loving it. I don't know exactly what it was about it, but I thought it was ace. Completely satisfied from start to finish, which isn't something I can say about many games at all.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.72641.767395 said:
afrophysics post=9.72641.767310 said:
Did you use the search bar at the very top, the one next to "store"?
Wait escapist has a store?!
No, I actually used the search function in the thrads, and it came back with nothing.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.68798#640377

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.60921#484037

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.52798?page=1

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Ok I am going to post this again as I always do and no-one has ever played it or heard of it

Hostile waters, an amazing RTS/shooter hybrid you commanded a massive aircraft carrier and built your own vehicles out of the scrap you collected.

Had an amazing Battleground style control system where you could jump into a tank and control it from inside while commanding a chopper to take your wing and a another tank to guard something all with about three button presses.

Narrated by Tom baker, storylineby warren Ellis (wiki him if you need to) It was bloody amazing and I still play my copy

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.72641.767281 said:
Some games get a real raw deal. They may not be outright hated, but they are eclipsed by another game that they, quite frankly, are better than.

Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

This one manages to outstrip Ocarina on almost every level. Its got brilliant characters (to this day I still tear up thinking about the couple who await their destruction, but who couldn't be happier because they face it together), a better soundtrack, a much cooler plot, some better level design, some of the best bosses and sub-bosses the series has seen, and it does it all without using Ganondorf. Oh, and the masks - hell yeah. Nintendo really should have kept that idea around.
second. WTF is so bad about this game that makes people dislike it so much!? It wasso much fun and unique

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Wow...hardly expected from you Dingo. This has been done way too many times. I didn't even have to use the search button to know that, and you've been here longer than I have.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Urban Chaos: Riot Response.
Shooting bad guys in the head in slow motion has never been cooler.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game I have ever played. Bar none. No room for argument.