Your favorite voice actor

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Jirlond said:
Billy West outside of games.

The guy that played kratos in TOS:

Cam Clarke [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0164682/]

He did liquid!!!!!
Finally someone mentions Cam Clark, the guys a legend. He's also in one of the greatest anime film ever: Akira, and in a vast quantity of films and games.
Including Killer 7, need I say more?

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Mike Patton. Sure, he hasn't done much voice acting (The Darkness, Portal, Left 4 Dead, I Am Legend), but the ones he has done are absolutely golden. Richard Steven Horvitz is amazing, and Billy West. Just because Zoidberg on Futurama was perfectly disturbing (And homeless).

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
T-Bone24 said:
Merle Dandridge (sp?) Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. In fact, everyone from Half-Life 2 has an excellent voice actor.
Having a script written by an actual writer and rehearsed before hand help bundles I'd bet.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
No particular order my top 3,

Steven J. Blum http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089710/ - seriously, look at his career, and you ALWAYS know when it's Blum doing a voice.

Jennifer Hale http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354937/ - God, i love her voice, you can always tell a Hale character, with ehr perfect diction and emotion being rolled into the character.

David Hayter http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0371684/ - We all know him as Solid Snake, but he's had a long and successful career, especially on the writing front (did the screenplays for X-Men, X2 and Watchmen notably - all awesome films)

(Talking proper voice actors here, not actors doing a one off dip into the gaming industry, otherwise there'd be more names.)

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
A Pious Cultist said:
T-Bone24 said:
Merle Dandridge (sp?) Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. In fact, everyone from Half-Life 2 has an excellent voice actor.
Having a script written by an actual writer and rehearsed before hand help bundles I'd bet.
You could say that about any voice actor, and actor. Why choose me?

virko

Mar 17, 2009
Mark Meer anyone?

Hes only done a few things, mostly for Bioware, (aside from comedy in Canada).. But I think he was pretty damn amazing as Male Shepard in Mass Effect. Big role too, with all the variable dialogue branches.

He has my vote.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Sheryl Bernstein!

She played in many wonderful cartoons such as Darkwing Duck, The Little Mermaid and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters but she also voiced Dewmi Moore, Captain Thygh and Judge Julia in Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail and a whole bunch of voices in King's Quest VI.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Patrick Steward and Christopher Lee. Both men with impressive voices born from long acting careers. They may not be able to create a dozen different voices, but they do theirs oh so well.

Now it's just waiting for Ian McKellen to do some voice work to complete the unholy triumvirate.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Keith David.

David Scully.

Ron Perlman.

Jennifer Hale.

Tara Strong.

Also, James Arnold Taylor, while he admittedly cheesed most of the lines, he had a few seconds of really good delivery in Final Fantasy X.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
In no order:

Jennifer Hale, Tara Strong, David Hayter, Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, John DiMaggio, Billy West

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
MortisLegio said:
Liam Neeson... do I need explain
He wast he first person that came to mind.

But then another, BETTER person came to mind

]
Unless there's any über-smart sharks in the game. That's his one true weakness!

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Grey DeLisle

Seriously, you know sometimes women have these major fits when they find a persons voice too sexy to handle? Well, Grey DeLisle makes me feel like a woman. But its not just all sexiness, I also think shes awesome because of her ability to pull off so many different characters. She is easily my favourite voice actor (actress... whatever) by a country mile, and Ive heard plenty of good voice actors along with her (most of the time in the same games), but none can beat her in my opinion.