Your favourite abridged characters

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Well, I like Vegeta and Piccolo from DBZ abridged. David Bowie sensei from Little Kuriboh's Naruto abridged is also hilarious

There's a special mention for Yami and Merrick. One has so much ego and the other is moronic lunatic.

koichi

Sep 22, 2014
flying_whimsy said:
Holy crap I've never heard of team fourstar or any of this abridged stuff.

...there goes the rest of my weekend.
I'm sorry but have you been living under an internet rock for the past eight years?

OT: TFS Alucard is my favorite. Followed by Instructor Shardis.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
It's so hard to pick just one... Given that a lot of my favourites have been mentioned already (Vegeta, Piccolo/Kami/Nail and Mr. Popo) I'll just go with someone that's not been mentioned yet.

Frieza:

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
Finally some Frieza love!

"Oh! I think I'll visit it on the way home, pick up some space milk, some space eggs, and BLOW IT THE FUCK UP! ... ... I'm sorry, I'm usually far more contained than that. I'm just a little bit absolutely livid."

I mostly watch TFS but I love so many of their characters I couldn't just pick one! Frieza, Vegeta, Goku, Super Kami Guru, Alucard, Nappa, they just have so many greats...

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
Vegeta and Piccolo from DBZA are easily my favourite. And Super-Kami-Guru. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Super Kami Guru

"Naaaaaaaail. There's an albino Namekian standing behind you. Kill it like the rest."

"Actually sir, I'm from earth."

"...kill it like the rest."

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
"There are three things I refuse to tolerate: cowardice, bad haircuts, and military insurrection. And it is unfortunate that our friend Vegeta possesses all three of these."

Take a guess.

Lunar Templar said:
Loving TFS's Cell, and really that whole cast for DBZA is fucking great

Abridged Alucard is naturally awesome.

and I'm also gonna throw in one more!!!

Abridged Kirito.
And now I know what I want to watch.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
PurpleeyesWTF's version of Luffy from None Piece is bar none my favourite character in any abridged series so far. Why? Luffy talks like Sean Connery. That's the best thing ever.

"You should know one thing about me. Everything ish made of rubbah! And before you even ashk, yesh. Yesh it ish."

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Seeing as how all of my candidates were taken and/or spoken for, I hope outtakes are considered as "abridged"-ish characters. Because, if they are...

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Sociopath Kirito from SWEAbridged's Sword Art Online. I couldn't stand the Gary Stu that was the original. Somehow, everything makes a lot more sense with him being a massive asshole with only tangential understanding of normal human emotions.

Also Lelouch from Purpleeyesftw's Code Ment. I have not seen Code Geass and I am not going to. It would just ruin this beautiful character for me."So you're going to shoot me huh? Well the only person who shoots me is me! Good luck trying to shoot me, when I am already dead!"
"..... you are a whole new level of stupid."
"Ah, but who is stupider? The person trying to kill himself or the person trying to kill the person trying to kill himself?"
"........."
"That's what I thought."

And of course, every line from Alucard in TFS's Hellsing abridged is audio gold.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Alucard followed by David Bowie Sen- I mean Kakashi, then Vegeta (with an honorable mention of Goku).

Annnd now I need to watch that SAO abridged.

Funyahns

Sep 2, 2012
I like Nappa a lot, I am still hoping when it comes time for Cell vs Vegeta Cell uses the Nappa voice again to give Vegeta a breakdown. Also a big fan of the Yamcha jokes, but he is not feature enough to completely destroy. Krillin getting owned throughout though and acting like a complete coward has been hilarious.

Scappo

Oct 16, 2009
Personally I really love the DBZ Abridged Freiza XD...

"Why aren't the Ginyu showing up? Oh they're dead...

"WHY ARE THEY DEAD?!?!"

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
tm96 said:
We all love comedy and some of the best comedy you can possibly find on the internet that isn't related to cats picture with funny captions is the abridged series. So my question is who are your favourite abridged characters? PS Ghost Stories doesn't count even though it was really funny.

Here a list mine:
The duo of Gendo and Fuyutsuki from the NGE one shot by littlekuriboh, Evabridged by Gigguk and friends. I watched the original NGE minus the movie but I had a great time watching these two in both abridged series. Especially in Evabridged where Gendo is played more or less as an idiot and Fuyutsuki as a man who just doesn't care.

Nappa and Super Kami Guru of DBZ Abridged. I have never watched DBZ but probably won't due to the sheer amount of content it has not just in the anime. I did love these characters and I sometimes end up quoting them since some of their lines are just hilarious and their interactions with the other characters especially Nappa.

Tristan Taylor from YGTAS because he killed the dinosaurs.
AS HALL MONITOR I DO NOT FIND THE DISCUSSION OF ABRIGED SERIES WELCOME IN A SCHOOL...FORUM ENVIRONMENT!!!
(Ishimaru from Faulerro's Danganronpa abriged is pretty fantastic.)

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
I just love how the TFS gang makes the DBZ gang more funny and cooler.

Chi-Chi the VERY overprotective mother.

Frieza is more eviler. (That things a GUY? Yeah, that was my reaction too Krillan.)

Imperfect Cell is creepy, funny and is having fun being evil, can't wait to see what evolves into.

But don't forget about DBZKA.

How many of you guys have to rewind a bit because you missed a bit of dialogue from laughing too hard?

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
It's still the original YuGiOh abridges YuGiOh by littlekuriboh. He was spot on for the first 25 episodes or so, and it's always the easiest series to go back to for me. While most other characters are all over the place, becoming overly stupid or just crude every now and again.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Melvin from YGOTAS. There's a webcomic I follow where the writer occasionally indulges the urge to make a villainous character talk like him. I do get the feeling that making 'Yami'/DAN GREEN an even bigger jerk than the original is working as intended, but he'd better get some major karma in season 4 if it's made because he's become almost unwatchable.

Alucard from Hellsing Abridged. Because much like the source material it seems like the majority of the content is designed to make his immortal sociopathy look awesome. 'Hey guys, how's your health plan?' is now my favourite one-liner.

While I've been enjoying DBZTAS more than YGO lately, some of its long running characters have started to get a bit one-note, particularly Vegeta. On the other hand we have Cell (no surprise there) and the Androids all coming across with varying fresh degrees of smug jackass (except #16 of course, who has his crowning moments still to come). Piccolo has been funnier lately due to his medium-awareness not being clouded by arrogance or idiocy. He has reclaimed his position from Vegeta as the only sane man despite having two equally snarky voices in his head.

Then of course there's Mr. Po-OHGODHELPM-

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
All of the cast of Team Four Star are amazing but my absolute favorite has to be Tien. Someone has to be the straight man and he won my adoration forever in the last episode. "If he kills me, I win. And he knows that."

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
flying_whimsy said:
Holy crap I've never heard of team fourstar or any of this abridged stuff.

...there goes the rest of my weekend.
You can watch season 1-3 on Youtube with all the fluff cut out. Still lands at over 8 hours iirc. Watched it four times and it's still awesome!

OT: Well, everyone in the DBZ Abridged. I'd guess Vegeta is my favorite. Every time he starts going on about Super Saiyans... <3