Your Favourite Beers

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
funksobeefy said:
Arrogant Bastard Ale for sure!

I love being in the Pacific Northwest because of our diversity of brewers and beers
As long as you love and IPA, you cannot help but love the Pacific Northwest. A veritable beer paradise.

For my money, I love tonnes of different beers.

Ol Dub'n is pretty fantastic (aged in scotch barrels)

Also, a bunch of commercial beers. Cole Porter Stout from the Atlantic Brewing Company is pretty fantastic.

Galt Knife Company and Dead Elephant both make some excellent beers as well.

Magnum700

May 28, 2011
Beer? EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I can't drink beer, it all tastes the same to me. I do however love Kopparberg. My favourite flavour is strawberry and lime. :p

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
The kind that doesn't taste like beer.
I just can't understand why people actually like beer. It tastes like shit.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Rolling Rock.
If it's good enough for the AVGN, it's good enough for me.
Actually I don't drink beer, but I had to bring up Rolling Rock.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Went the Stutgart, Germany in the summer and they have a region made beer called "Wulle", it tastes great AND it has a pressure sealed cap that is fun to pop off when opening the bottle...and it gets more fun as the night progresses

Gordon Freemonty

Aug 25, 2010
Occams_Razor said:
Also, if you haven't tried Innis and Gunn before, you should.
That shit is like nectar! Funny you should say that as I was also drinking that last night too! It was the rum cask brew.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I don't usually drink beer but IPA (Indian Pale Ale) is something I like when it comes immediately from the Keg. And the story behind the Ale is cool (the one I've heard at least)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I found my favourite yesterday:

A bloody nice ale that is. Looking forward to taste more Scottish beers.

Followed by these:

Gordon Freemonty said:
I also enjoy a third of Tokyo*, an extremely tasty 18% imperial stout from the local BrewDog bar(BrewDog brewery is also local, in Aberdeenshire, Scotland) as well as most of the beers they are brewing at the moment.
I just had my first BrewDog beer, an Indian Pale Ale. That was a pretty damn tasty beer. A thousand times better than the regular stuff.

Gordon Freemonty

Aug 25, 2010
Denamic said:
The same reasons that people like/dislike liqorice or marmite. People are different and like different things, duh.

Out of curiosity, what particular brews have you drank?

Captcha: Chick-fil-A. Describe this brand with any words.

Answer: Oh boy...

GreyDevil

Jul 4, 2009
My personal favourite at the moment would be Windhoek Draught/Lager. That stuff is good!

Gordon Freemonty

Aug 25, 2010
I'd like all of you uninitiated lager drinkers (not saying EVERY lager is bad, but get some variety in ya!) to go out tonight and buy a bottle from the ale section in your local shop (I'd recommend hobgoblin, punk ipa or any brewdog you can find, banana bread beer, innis and gunn and some others with names that are lost to me) and tell us why you will never drink lager again. That's your homework. :)

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Gordon Freemonty said:
Denamic said:
The same reasons that people like/dislike liqorice or marmite. People are different and like different things, duh.

Maybe I've managed to come across as some kind of connoisseur, but I assure you, I am not.
I don't keep track of brands, but I have drunk most of the common ones in my corner of the world. But I have drunk beers people who have been drinking beers for well over 50 years swear is fantastic, only to find it tasting just as shitty if not more so. I've also drunk some British ones during my stay there, which I actually enjoyed the most, because they were mostly watery and tasteless. By which I mean they didn't disgust me as much.

I've stopped drinking entirely about 2 years back, because I'm very susceptible to hangovers. A hangover along with a migraine is one of the worst experiences you can imagine. I've broken bones before, and that's way less uncomfortable. Not even remotely worth it.

Dr_McSteamy

Death Kitties!
Jul 7, 2011
The only beer I've ever tried was a sip or two of a friend's Pabst Blue Ribbon... So yeah, REALLY don't have any clue what good beer is like... I'll take a good Gin and Tonic though!

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Grey Goose is my favorite beer. 40% alcohol, tastes better than any of the dozens of beers I've tried(actual count of actual beer, not liquer like Grey Goose) and you can mix it with other things and it's still stronger and tastier than any beer.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Denamic said:
Gordon Freemonty said:
Denamic said:

Maybe I've managed to come across as some kind of connoisseur, but I assure you, I am not.
I don't keep track of brands, but I have drunk most of the common ones in my corner of the world. But I have drunk beers people who have been drinking beers for well over 50 years swear is fantastic, only to find it tasting just as shitty if not more so. I've also drunk some British ones during my stay there, which I actually enjoyed the most, because they were mostly watery and tasteless. By which I mean they didn't disgust me as much.

I've stopped drinking entirely about 2 years back, because I'm very susceptible to hangovers. A hangover along with a migraine is one of the worst experiences you can imagine. I've broken bones before, and that's way less uncomfortable. Not even remotely worth it.
Right there with you man. Beer tastes metalic at best to me, just plain bad most of the time. I've had Coors(light), Busch(light), Grolsh, Leviathan, Bud(light), 2 or 3 of the miller flavors(summer ale is probably the most tolerable beer I've drank), Blue Moon, Corona(light), Guiness, and several others that are cheap enough to be not worth mentioning(I should clarify that this does not by any means mean that all or even most of the listed beers are good or expensive, only that these others were significantly less so), as well as two or three other expensive "good" beers that I can't remember.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Draught Guinness. It's. so. creamy. Even better when I throw a shot of Kraken into a pint. ohgodyes

Delirium Nocturnum is also phenomenal, but in a beer-connoisseur kind of way. Huge depth and range of flavor, great texture, pleasing aftertaste.

Something I just found last weekend is a black&tan called Mississippi Mud. Great flavor and aftertaste for something that comes in a 32oz jug.

spartan231490 said:
Coors(light), Busch(light), Grolsh, Leviathan, Bud(light), 2 or 3 of the miller flavors(summer ale is probably the most tolerable beer I've drank), Blue Moon, Corona(light), Guiness, and several others that are cheap enough to be not worth mentioning
I don't...man, I don't know who introduced you to beer, but they need to be smacked. The only good beer you've had in that entire list is Guinness, and it's definitely not a beer that's meant for everyone. If you can get your hands on some Kraken Black Rum, I highly suggest you put a shot of that into a properly poured pint of Guinness, and then give that a try. Somehow, the Kraken near-completely nullifies the bitterness of the beer, while introducing the heavy tones of spiced black rum.

A couple of things you might want to try:

Pretty much any hefeweizen, but Franziskaner is a pretty good start for someone not accustomed to beer.

Newcastle Brown Ale is another good point, but it might be a little bitter.

Something like Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat, or the Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale, might also be a good place to start.