Your Favourite British Thing(s).

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Reg5879 said:
Football on the weekend, our comedy and two pies, double mash with loads of liqour. :D
Hell yeah, proper pie and mash.

Good natured complaining.

Casual swearing which is almost part of the dialect where I live.

Eccentricity which we seem strangely proud of.

And Robert Rankin.

SoulIsTheGoal

Nov 25, 2010
Oscar Wilde, the Longbow, the Spitfire, Thin Lizzy (even though Scott Gorham is American), yorkshire pudding and Laney amps. British and awesome.

Priddo

Nov 19, 2009
Fish and Chips. Don't know if they're as good or better than here, but they're damn good down here in Australia.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Count Igor said:
Top Hats.
As a matter of fact, I'm wearing one now. Not a fake, plastic-y, new one, but a really old one, at least 100 years old. Probably more.
And I'll top that off with the fact that I'm wearing a bowler hat, it's new, but not a crappy, plastic-y fake.

Stephen fry and how people react when they hear your accent on on-line games.

Mikeyfell said:
it's the accent
no I'm serious I love the way you people talk
everything is better when you say it in a British accent

my least favorite thing about Brittan is America...
I hate to say it but you dropped the ball on that one guys
I would love to know what the world would be like if we still had our Empire.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Bigsmith said:
Count Igor said:
Top Hats.
As a matter of fact, I'm wearing one now. Not a fake, plastic-y, new one, but a really old one, at least 100 years old. Probably more.
And I'll top that off with the fact that I'm wearing a bowler hat, it's new, but not a crappy, plastic-y fake.
Oho? Is it brown?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sandi Toksvig!!

(the irony being she's Danish)

Alan Coren (RIP)

& Jeremy Hardy 'when I die, I want to be scattered, not cremated, just scattered' (priceless!)

Oh yeah, and my sexy Eton accent!!

rowanfield

Sep 12, 2010
No one else has mentioned the ale! If there's one thing our cruddy country does well it's that... and crappy politicians...

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Count Igor said:
Top Hats.
I have my Great Great Grandfather's old top hat in the room next to mine; it's a good 150 or so years old!

I love my hat.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I'm Norwegian, but I really want to move to either England or Scotland at a time.
My favourite British thing is either Jeremy Clarkson, [USER]lewism247[/USER], Scottish accents, Aston Martin or British comedy.

:)