Your favourite current publisher.

digital_critic

Mar 18, 2013
It's a toss up between Mojang AB, Bethesda, Valve, and People Can Fly. Mojang AB for Minecraft(Had it since beta 1.4), Bethesda for The Elder Scrolls series and the recent Fallout games, Valve for Team Fortress 2 and CSS/CS:GO, and People Can Fly for Painkiller, and, to a lesser extent, Bulletstorm.

Another

Mar 19, 2008
2K, CD Project Red, Atlas, and Square Enix. As far as I'm concerned these companies have been making pretty good examples of themselves. Welllllll, maybe not Square's internal development branch, but you can't win them all :p

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
The Morning Suit Man said:
Valve, because Valve.
Also because they technically publish everything on Steam. So yeah.
Steam is a platform for delivering digital content, and doesn't so much displace/replace other publishers as give developers a direct line to a market/existing consumer base. And Valve has grown more and more developer friendly of late. So definitely yes, thank Gabe for Valve.

Also on my A list are 2K Australia, Ubisoft Montreal for FC2 and FC3,

Paradox not just for a host of good strategy games, but for allowing/encouraging modders in the Paradox forums. You really can't take that for granted these days. Bonus points for the Europa Universalis III "Raaaaage!!!" thread. It's made of internet memes but it smells like win.

Bethesda gets points for feeding iD Games and the Fallout/Elder Scrolls franchises; but points off for Quake 4, Rage, and Brink. Yeah, yeah, these each had a reason for being, but could have been better with relatively little effort, and in Brink's case someone needed to say that it doesn't matter what exclusive clothes the Emperor is wearing, he's still walking behind a manure spreader. Runner up.

Kalypso would rate higher if they had slapped Haemimont around until they made Omerta a better game. I'd gripe about DLC, but many of the Tropico add-ons are reasonably good. Honorable mention.

Killclaw Kilrathi

Crocuta Crocuta
Dec 28, 2010
Um, does GOG.com count? Or would they be a distributor?

Really, I'm not that fond of any of the major publishers. But I suppose 2K has some of the more interesting titles for me.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Bethy for the win.
I think they've been good to stay out of the news, and their games tend to be fun.

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
Atlus USA

Persona 4 Golden, SMT4, and Soul Hackers all coming out this year. I also just completed Catherine and they published a lot of my favorite games, like Radiant Historia, and the Devil Survivor series.

Kikyoo

Apr 16, 2008
Capcom is my favorite publisher. They are one of the few companies that acually make games that I want to buy. It's just a shame that Capcom hates everyone. So while they are my favorite, I have to curse them every time they come out with something new, because they hate you, me, everybody.

It's sad to say but I overlook a lot of the crap they try to pull, because I love Monster Hunter. I loved dragon's Dogma. I loved the DMC series before it got taken over by someone else. I loved Megaman. I can't say i'm ever as excited to hear about new releases from any other company as i am for Capcom, it just sucks that they treat me like garbage for it, and keep retiring series that i love, or killing them off. I will never forgive them for killing Breath of Fire.

BearShark

Apr 5, 2013
Valve, as they came out with Portal, Half Life, Team Fortress 2, created Steam, gave us the tools to make things, and genuinely seem to care about their customers.