Your favourite game < 100 megabytes

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Command & Conquer: Red Alert. I believe it came to about 56 MB with both expansions installed.

The graphics were certainly none too impressive [http://westy543.deviantart.com/art/Red-Alert-1-Rifle-Soldier-208027140], but the gameplay was great.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I was surprised that games I thought would be smaller due to 2d sprite graphics were actually much bigger due to large game worlds. I think that when Tb became a thing I lost all ability to fathom the size of old storage.

I don't know if it's my favourite, but I've been having fun with Long Live the Queen recently, and that's 50 something Mb.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I was surprised that games I thought would be smaller due to 2d sprite graphics were actually much bigger due to large game worlds. I think that when Tb became a thing I lost all ability to fathom the size of old storage.

I don't know if it's my favourite, but I've been having fun with Long Live the Queen recently, and that's 50 something Mb.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Another game to ass is Slay. Super simple and fast but sickeningly addictive strategy

http://i59.tinypic.com/28kkjmx.png

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I like the idea of this thread.

I really wanted to say FTL, but damn that piece of shit bloatware is sitting on my flashdrive at 200MB! What an extravagant waste. In that case I'll fall back on the other game I wanted to mention, a game that's been with me a long, long time. Link's Awakening. Pretty sure that one qualifies - it'd probably fit under a 1MB rule.

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
KingsGambit said:
Smolderin said:
Papers Please? No seriously, all of you need to give me your papers, I have gotten reports that you have expired expiration dates and false information on your country of origin. Now you can either talk to me or the nice men with guns right behind me....your choice.
Ima gonna have to second this one. It's the smallest game I've played in recent memory, weighing in at 42megs. But it's a fun, challenging, addictive and rewarding 42megs I'd highly recommend to anyone.
Wow I didn't even realise it was that small a file, though I suppose that makes sense based on the gameplay and how the game looks. Its probably my favourite game under 100mb in recent memory. Otherwise I would be looking back at my Gameboy, N64 or DS games.

SerithVC

Dec 23, 2011
Hmm, i'm gonna technically cheat with this, but D&D 2e and 3.5, Pathfinder, Heroscape, Clue, and other non-electronic games.

If we have to go strictly with video games, there are a lot of SNES, NES, GBA, GB, GBC, etc etc etc games.

mindfaQ

Dec 6, 2013
Hmmm... maybe Pokemon Silver, maybe Mega Man Battle Network 3 (or the ones after)

DotA if you only count the map, not the WC3 installation ^^.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
-Starcraft 1 (80MB)
-About four dozen SNES, GBA, NES, & GB titles.
-Terraria
-Nethack
-FTL: Faster Than Light
-Soldat (well, my old ass install anyway; not sure what it's up to now)

Sgt. Sykes said:
Brutal Doom II has 124 megs in my configuration but I'm sure some compression would fit it under 100, so, that!
-Brutal Doom 1&2

Yeah, I'm throwing Brutal Doom into that. It's a front-end mod that does the unexpected and improves the game across the board WITHOUT eliminating anything that made the original a classic.

My Zandronum folder (with Brutal) is 112MB SOLELY because I dumped every major .wad pack I have into it.
With just the originals (Ultimate Doom + Doom 2: HoE) it's about 78MB altogether so I'm counting it.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Yume Nikki - 47 megabytes.

It's... hard to put into words.

You are an antisocial hermit teenager. Why are you like this? No idea; make it up, I did. You have very Fruedian, sexual, and generally nightmarish dreams, in which you pick up effects - eggs, supposedly manifested ideas - and you use them to navigate the bizarre dream world.

Also, these are your main enemies in the game.

I lied.

And then the game ends with... JELLYFISH DANCE!

Oh, yeah, and Pokemon Vietnamese Version, for the line "Red GREASY BAG FUCK".

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
The original Quake clocks in at about 94MB off the install disc.
Otherwise, Terraria's my favorite, at about 30MB.

Sian

May 3, 2011
Unholy Heights comes in at 50MB.
It's a simple game about managing an apartment complex as the Devil.