Your favourite game protagonist has to hold down a regular job!

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
So, we've seen them kill more bad guys than Ebola, watched them outrun explosions, get the girl and save the world, but now all that's over your favourite game protagonist must reintegrate into society, and ends up at the Job Advice centre looking for regular employment. What job will they do?

Photoshopped pictures gain extra points!

Here's mine:

The Prince now makes every window in Persia sparkle like a shiny new sword!

(Yes, I was quite bored)

mikeli4194

Jan 10, 2010
John Marston can try to hold a job as much as he wants, his past will catch up to him...

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Well, Gordon Freeman decides to work as a research physicist. He is pretty successful at this, given his brilliant mind, though he does feel his abilities are being wasted as he spends most of his time doing grunt work like pushing things into other things.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Buchholz101 said:
"I'm Commander Shepard and you've reached Customer Service on the Citadel."
Dude! You /thread'd this thread in the first post after the OP.... that's like a record or something.... but seriously, kudos.

Oh, and seconded.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Gordon Freeman? Well, as long as he gets a job as a scientist he'll do all right.

But if he got a job flipping burgers I don't think he'd take it to well. He'd probably snap after a while and claim his boss was working for the Combine and start a revolution...

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
"Hi, my name is Gig, I'll be your President for FOREVER! Now gimme all your hotpods! AHAHAHA!"
Standing beside him is his slave/bodyguard/concubine Revya...wait, he wouldn't NEED a bodyguard, he's GIG.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Pretty sure Shirou Emiya could hold down any job he chooses. He already works lots of odd jobs before the events of the game...

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Well, being that I like nameless protagonists like that of many WRPGs (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, etc), I can easily say that I already hold down a full-time job thank you very much!

More seriously, I think I could easily see Yuri (from Shadow Hearts 1&2) being a martial arts tutor...

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix Wright is already a lawyer. Though if he came to the real world, he'd probably find the change in legal systems shocking.

Also "HK47: Tired Query: Have you tried turning your computer off and back on again?"

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Favorite character? Guh. Too hard to choose. Well, what game did I play last? Oh, right, Harvest Moon. Now, if my farmer had to hold down a regular job...

...Wait.

*facepalm*

Okay, let's try this again. Before that, I played... right, Fallout: NV. Now, if my Courier had to get a regular job, what would-

DAMMIT.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
Medic lost his medical license for removing the skeleton of a patient, so he's probably not going to work at a hospital.

Thinking about it, he probably will.

mfG diebane

PerfectEnemy

Aug 7, 2011
I would love to see Solid Snake try to learn a new job.

For example, fry cook:
"First, you start by taking the meat out."
"Meat?"
"Yes, meat, you get it from the freezer."
"Freezer?"
"Um, okay. Then you put it on the grill."
"Grill?!"

Oct 30, 2010
Bruce Wayne shouldn't have much trouble finding work.

The Jedi Exile is pretty multi-talented too, but I'll say Olympic athlete.

I can't think of anything clever for Chell to do. Furniture mover?