Your favourite/least favourite 6th-gen pokémon

deadlinedance

May 2, 2011
Like many people, I'm really disappointed in the Fairies most of all. I knew there would be some pink fluffy ones, but I sat there hoping that they wouldn't ALL be like that.

Well, they were. And that sucks. The only new Fairies I undoubtedly like are Sylveon and Xerneas. I have no desire to use any of the other ones. Oh, Gardevoir, Azumarill, and (my personal favorite) Mawile being Fairies is super-cool, and I'll definitely train them, but the new ones? They suck.

Seriously, would even little girls want to train these things? I can't see them appealing to anybody. (I had the same thought about Jynx in Gen 1; who actually looked at this Pokemon and said "Yeah, I want to train this one"? Unironically.)

As for my favorite? There can only be one answer for me. I was a HUGE dinosaur nerd when I was a kid, and ever since Aerodactyl, I waited and waited for Gamefreak to give us better fossil Pokemon than lame invertebrates. Gen 4 and 5 were better, but they finally knocked it out of the park with this game. I love Aurorus too - this is the best gen for fossils EVER - but the Pokemon I'd wanted for more than 15 years finally arrived with this game.

I'M A MUTHA****IN' T-REX!
AND HE'S DRAGON-TYPE!

Am I the only one who genuinely liked Espurr beyond "LOL SO CREEPY STAREZ INTO YUR SOUL"? I thought it was cute and odd and only slightly creepy, and female Meowstic is a doll. That learns Shadow Ball and Charge Beam naturally. Beat the game with her.

Also, I don't hate Binacle as much as other people. Surely others have looked at his two heads and ridiculous expression and thought "Hey, I'm Grump! And I'm Not-So-Grump!"

Mastemat

Jul 18, 2010
soren7550 said:
and are there so that the girls can have something to like. Plus, I keep forgetting all of their strengths/weaknesses.
Sexist.
And horribly wrong.

They exist to balance dragon out. Just like how steel and dark exist to balance psychic.
The retarded brokenness of Hydreigon and Garchomp... Game Freak realized that they messed up making something that powerful.

"fairy type exists to appeal to little girls"
BS.
It really just sounds like you can't deal with the new type chart, so you make sexist excuses for your own incompetence.

This should have totes been the gym leader.... But I suppose GaGa being the gym leader is ok too.
(also, FYI guys who are extremely girly in Japan are considered super masculine and straight, and guys who are super buff are considered raging flaming homos. Cultural divide.)

As to the main topic...
I don't really like this gen as much as I liked the designs from gen5... Or rather, none of the Gen6 speak to me to have a favorite... Maybe Sylveon... but that one doesn't really count cause it's an eevee evolution.
(Gen5 fav: Hydreigon and Volcarona)
It might have been Vivillion... but... those legs in the concept art... Once you see the double-dick... it can't be unseen. :(

As to least favorite: those gooblobs... the final evolution is ok... but the first two are bleh.

Also: why aren't the snowcones ice-fairy??? fairy type seems to be the catch for all living items: cotton candy, pudding, perfume, keys... but not ice cream?? wtf?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My most/ least favourites are based on their stats/ performance only, not their apperances.

Most favourite- Clawtizer. Ok I will admit that being that Pokemon must suck (how can it move when it got that massive claw?) but I still loved its design! To me he is like the water version of Chandelure since its special attack is huge (ok it's still not that high compared to Chandelure but it's still high). Combine with its ability and movepool (does more damage with aura and pulse moves and it learns, water pulse, dragon pulse, dark pluse and aura sphere), I would hardly need to used any TM on my except for the HM. While I had have be juggling around with my team but Clawtizer is always in my party!

Least favourite- Meowsitc male. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the Pokemon apperance wise, I just find its stats mediocre as a psychic Pokemon especially with the male movepool. Sure I can used the TM to match the females move but it cannot learn Signel beam. I mean if I were to pick a physical Pokemon, Gardivour and Alakazam come to mind since they has more superior stats compared to Meowstic.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Mastemat said:
soren7550 said:
and are there so that the girls can have something to like. Plus, I keep forgetting all of their strengths/weaknesses.
Sexist.
And horribly wrong.
How in the hell is it sexist? I'm a girl, and throughout my whole life I've had to hear "No, no, you're not supposed to like that! You're a girl, *this* is what you're supposed to like! *insert overly girly pink thing here*"

I never said that the type was useless, I only find them a bit aggravating because aside from Dragon, I can't remember their strengths/weaknesses. (I'll remember soon enough, I'm sure)

Aside from Xerneas (and maybe Carbink and Klefki, depending on personal taste and opinion), all the new Fairies (not the Gen 1-5 retypes) are cutesy and girly. Of the new Fairies (still not counting the Gen 1-5 retypes here), only Carbink, Dedenne, and Xerneas aren't pink.

On the Gen 1-5 retypes, all of them are either pink, considered cutesy, and/or are very feminine.

I can appreciate Pokemon, and Fairies without having to be pandered to 'as a girl', thank you very much.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Right now, Chesnaught. That'll likely change whenever the hell they let me have Cyndaquil.

I also really like the way Gardevoir looks in 3D. At least, a lot more than in previous, 2D, games.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
The one who pierces the veil, the one who sees all, the one who is cursed with power beyond its control
[http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/630898-espurr]

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Out of my favourites they would probably be:

Yveltal- I just think that he looks pretty cool, and I tend to really like Dark type Pokemon

Talonflame- A very solid flying/fire type

Greninja- Definitely my favourite final evolution out of the 6th gen starters- It is not my favourite starter by a long shot (that has to go to Blastoise), but I still like him/her. It doesn't hurt that it is a ninja.

Least favourites have to be:

Honedge- I just don't see the appeal of a disembodied sword, it just seems like lazy design to me.

Klefki- Again, it just a set of disembodied keys, I just find it a bit... pointless.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
soren7550 said:
Mastemat said:
soren7550 said:
Sexist.
And horribly wrong.
How in the hell is it sexist? I'm a girl, and throughout my whole life I've had to hear "No, no, you're not supposed to like that! You're a girl, *this* is what you're supposed to like! *insert overly girly pink thing here*"

I never said that the type was useless, I only find them a bit aggravating because aside from Dragon, I can't remember their strengths/weaknesses. (I'll remember soon enough, I'm sure)

Aside from Xerneas (and maybe Carbink and Klefki, depending on personal taste and opinion), all the new Fairies (not the Gen 1-5 retypes) are cutesy and girly. Of the new Fairies (still not counting the Gen 1-5 retypes here), only Carbink, Dedenne, and Xerneas aren't pink.

On the Gen 1-5 retypes, all of them are either pink, considered cutesy, and/or are very feminine.

I can appreciate Pokemon, and Fairies without having to be pandered to 'as a girl', thank you very much.
Those Pokemon are still well liked by both genders anyway.
Nothing stopped any dudes from having Blissey on their team. Despite being girlish.

It's a matter of a theme.

Water types tend to be blue.

Fire types are red

Grass types are green.

Dark types look evil

Ghost types look spooky

and Fairy type- due to the perception that they are "girly" will reflect what society considers "girly" to be. Otherwise...pink is jut a color in the end.

Nobody but the dude bros of Pokemon will give two shits that fairy types tend to be pink and thus girly and for losers.

Similarily nobody is going to complain about how Dark types are sterotyped as psuedo evil, dark hearted Pokemon, always mean, and always black/dark blue in coloration.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm going to change my answer somewhat for least favorite. Bunnelby and Diggersby are both unappealing to me along with my aforementioned Spritzee and Aromatisse.

I know that the early route "rodent" Pokemon aren't supposed to be anything special, but I prefer the likes of Patrat and Rattata to Bunnelby. They found a way to make a bunny rabbit not very cute, that takes serious effort.(values ;)

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Not sure if they count as "new" but Mega Charizard X and Mewtwo X look great.

My fav new would have to be Panchem/goro:

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Favorite: Klefki
Least Favorite: Goomy - Lives at the bottom of a swamp, will die if not wet. Your an F'n dragon type, be more Dragon-like!

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Pangoro hands down takes my favorite new pokemon, if not for how he looks (which is badass) but for the sheer fact that his attack stat hit 200 when other were just getting 110-150 (and this is keeping my team within 2-3 levels of each other maximum).

And honestly I like Klefki if only because the idea of jingling at it's enemies is too hilarious.

That is four of the most powerful non-legendary Pokemon in the damn game. And they are cowering in fear.

Mega Evolution wise I'm really like Mega Gardevoir. I mean sure it looks far more elegant than badass, but I love that line so I'm not complaining.

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Favorites:
-Tyrunt/Tyrantrum (Tyrunt's brilliant all around, Tyrantrum's design turned me off at first, but after seeing and using it in battle...well, it's certainly made up for lost time)
-Clawitzer (the design isn't anything spectacular, but that might very well be my favorite pokemon name of all time, and that alone is enough to put it on this list; not a knock against other Gen VI designs, I just love that name)
-Noivern, Aurorus, Sylveon, Fletchinder, and Heliolisk (not a ton to say about these guys, I just like their designs a lot; Talonflame is a bit disappointing, but Fletchinder is great)
-the legendaries: Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde (not normally a huge fan of cover legends, especially not for the last couple of generations, but the designs for these guys are just gorgeous, including Zygarde's weird hexagonal, green-and-black motif)

Least Favorites:
-Binacle (I actually like Barbaracle - it's ugly, but it's a cool sort of ugly - but Binacle is just...ugh, there are no words)
-Slurpuff (this is part dislike of the design and part that I honestly thought Swirlix had the potential to turn out badass, instead of this...thing; also extends to Aromatisse and its non-plague-doctor-ness)
-Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught (Greninja is shrug-worthy, but the rest of its line is great; Fennekin line is solid but not exceptional throughout; but I just really dislike the Chespin line's designs on the whole, making them the worst overall starter line since...well, since Tepig last gen, though Tepig itself was adorable and deserved better than its evolutions)
-Meowstic and Goodra (in both cases, just don't see the appeal, and that's...basically it)

Pretty much everything else falls somewhere on the "solid but not spectacular" range somewhere (11 above that range, 7 below it, which leaves 51), which is more than could be said of Gens 4 and 5, which had a few great designs, but also quite a few terrible ones. As much as I wish Gen 6 had introduced more pokemon, maybe the small number of additions boosted the overall quality.