Your favourite music in videogames?

Toynip

Jul 15, 2008
Primal for the PS2, band called 16volt did the entire soundtrack. Slightly electronic punky metally angry guitar music. I like!

Also Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I like also.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
There's one particular song in Half-Life 2 Episode 2, right near the beginning. It's the fight with the Antlions defending Alyx. The song is called Vortal Combat, and it's probably one of the best songs to be played mid-game that I've ever heard. There's other good ones in Half-Life 2 as well, but that one is the best in my opinion.

I also liked Blow Me Away in the Mausoleum fight of Halo 2. It's there without lyrics, and the song fits the pace of that battler perfectly; calm opening and observation for a few seconds, then bullets and rock start flying. Song winds down as fight finishes.

exoneuk

May 1, 2008
Streets Of Rage 2. Not Streets of Rage 3. Yuzo Koshiro's character select music from that game makes me mute the TV immediately. But SOR2 is amazing.

Ristar, Dynamite Headdy, Sonic 2, 3 and S&K. Wonderful. I have to say I also like Vandal Hearts 1's battle music. Very compelling, I'd love to hear a remix of that.

There's a track from Columns that I rather like, especially the remix from Sega Classics Collection. And I have to say it: FFVII. The OCRemixes are amazing but the originals often send shivers down my spine... amazing.

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
Final Fantasy VII definitely. Listened to the full soundtrack at work yesterday, think its about 6 hours long, brought back tons of memories and made me want to play it yet again :)

Schiggy

Apr 17, 2008
Korobeiniki from Tetris. I heard a cover of the song by a band called Ozma the other day and its pure fucking awesome. If you havent heard it, go and listen, right now.
Honorable mentions
Saria's Song (almost as catchy)
Still Alive
Sonic 3 Main Theme
All music from Morrowind.

Screeling

Sep 12, 2008
I would definitely have to go with the music of Nobuo Uematsu. Really great pieces of work, perfectly set to the games that they are made for. Also, the soundtrack from The Legend of Zelda games is usually pretty good. More so of course in the dungeons of the games from Ocarina of Time and on.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
shadow_pirate22 post=9.69685.720229 said:
Metroid Prime 1. Enough said. Nobuo Uematsu comes close, if only he would do a metroid game...
He did some tracks for Brawl, so there's definitely the possibility of him doing more for Nintendo :D

Although I'd rather they axe the Metroid series after one more game. I don't want it going down the same path as Mario is.

Batadon

Jan 17, 2008
I agree with pretty much everyone's lists, I just wanted to add that I loooooove SaGa Frontier II's music. Note to JRPG Developers: multiple non-boss and boss battle themes in a game = a good thing.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask (Koji Kondo)
Elder Scrolls III/IV: Morrowind/Oblivion (Jeremy Soule)
Megaman 1-5 (Manami Ietel / Yukichaan's Papa / Ogeretsu Kun)