Your favourite race in a video game?

Indignator

Oct 26, 2011
I love dwarves in any video game, but I particularly like those in the Warcraft universe. They are engineers, builders, explorers and archeologists, what's not to love. And they are characterized really well, sometimes deathly serious and other times quite humorous. In WoW there is a gun called "Dwarven Fishing Pole" with a caption that says "Dwarves are not known for their subtlety."

Speaking of fishing poles, I would be remiss not to give an honorable mention to the goblins of Warcraft and their "Goblin Fishing Pole" - a stick of dynamite.

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
I like any race that is powerful yet mysterious. Protos, Night Elves, Dwemer and such.

I absolutely hate the prototypical "for blood and honor" race type. You know the Orc/Klingon/Krogan kinda races.
I can tolerate Dwarfs thou, they seem to be more in the line of "for blood and honor.....but first let's have a pint of ale shall we"

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Sanghelli (Elites) from Halo.

Interesting and challenging to fight. Energy swords. But the coolest aspect of them is how militaiy rank is denominated by number of kills. e.g. An elite Zealot would have to kill 1000 opponents to achieve that rank.

They just ooze awesomeness.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
What ever race Handyman falls under so I guess Figment.

That or Kaka just because Tao amuses me greatly while playing that game.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Cipher1 said:
What ever race Handyman falls under so I guess Figment.

That or Kaka just because Tao amuses me greatly while playing that game.
Lol Timesplitters.... Not sure if TS2 or TS: Future Perfect... xD

Timmons

Mar 23, 2010
I ALWAYS go for the dwarves, it feels so wrong not playing one. just gonna have to go nord for skyrim, its the closest i can get

ScarecrowAlone

May 17, 2010
Mandolorians. Any culture that can get the almighty fuck beat out of it by the baddest Sith in the SW universe and still come back for more has my vote.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010

Zora. They're awesome. And they're fun to play as ^^
I just love swimming around for hours in Majora's Mask sometimes~

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
The Krogan.

Big brutes with a heavy dollop of pathos? Yeah, that works for me.

Also, Quanari. Interestingly alien.

Ohhh, ohhh, and Geth.

Huh. I'm noticing a pattern here...

Sep 14, 2009
MercurySteam said:
I'm going with the Turians from Mass Effect. They're an entire race of badasses. But none of them can top Garrus:

mm...dat ass.

agreed, turians are just so...

fucking awesome. can't put it much better than that, i never used to like anything besides humans and the occasional elves, but after seeing turians...

damn. if turians don't exist somewhere in the universe, then the universe fucked up.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Well I've always been a fan of Wood Elves, dryads and other foresty beings with the forest spirits from the warhammer world being the best example to me. So I am very interested in the Sylvari in Guild Wars 2. Seems they have taken the idea of Elves and dryads and mixed together to make one race, which sounds good to me.

Oh and Warcraft Gnomes are great, especially when in full plate armour.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The lizardmen from warhammer, they look cool, they have the most powerful mages in the world, they can ride trexs and the skinks are adorable.
The charr from guild wars are tied with them since they are giant spiked cat monsters who are also the highest tech race in the world and they rock with steampunk.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
I like humans, specifically members of the Strong Woman/Spunky Girl clans. I know it's boring, but I like us.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Orks in the Warhammer 40K universe, they're pretty damn funny and have really amusing backstory/traits (their technology is crap but they BELIEVE it works therefore it does)

Second place goes to the Krogan (Brogan) in Mass Effect.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
I find the lacking mention of Dogs in this thread....disturbing.

I mean come on, behind every hero, who is their to scout out treasure, take on dragon demon thing, and even take a bullet for you from an insane king/count person.

Dogs. Never cats, not fish, nor birds

Just Dogs.