Your favourite race in a video game?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Speakercone said:
Dwarves are also Vikings.
Really? I always though Dwarves were Scottish!

OT: Because of pretensions to arrogance, I tend to play 'lawful evil' and elegant (read: so far up themselves that they breathe odour eaters) races and that usually (in the fantasy setting, at least) points to Dark Elves (or analogous). Hell, even my human characters I make tall, slim, pale and gaunt. My FemShep basically looks like a Moredhel!

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
Anything from the Mass Effect universe. But if I had to narrow it down it would be the Quarians or Drell

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Its gotta be the protoss, just because they look so cool, they are intelligent and have lazers!

<spoiler=Lazerz>

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Puddleknock said:
Well I've always been a fan of Wood Elves, dryads and other foresty beings with the forest spirits from the warhammer world being the best example to me. So I am very interested in the Sylvari in Guild Wars 2. Seems they have taken the idea of Elves and dryads and mixed together to make one race, which sounds good to me.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Elves + dryads + innocent curiosity + cool group consciousness + pansexuality - immortality - arrogance = sylvari = the best race in any video game ever.

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
Probably the Breton, in the case of the Elder Scrolls games. I just love the ability to use magic and have the ability to carry heavy loads, which is great for the armor and weapons I have at all times.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
Puddleknock said:
Well I've always been a fan of Wood Elves, dryads and other foresty beings with the forest spirits from the warhammer world being the best example to me. So I am very interested in the Sylvari in Guild Wars 2. Seems they have taken the idea of Elves and dryads and mixed together to make one race, which sounds good to me.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Elves + dryads + innocent curiosity + cool group consciousness + pansexuality - immortality - arrogance = sylvari = the best race in any video game ever.
Just a shame we can't play as Sylvari from the Nightmare Court, they have all the elements of what we have already mentioned plus the ambition to do the worst and most depraved acts possible in order to corrupt the entire collective consciousness of their new born race.

They are some badass plants.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Human. For a strange reason, though. I like to see how the human race reacts to strange, new encounters. It gives me real joy to marvel at how a human being might react to an alien race like an Elf, Orc, Dwarf or even aliens themselves in the case of titles like Mass Effect. I know the 'humans' of video game worlds aren't the same as the 'humans' of the real world, but i always imagine that the way in which they react might be how humans as we know it might also react to a similar situation. If that makes any kind of sense.

I also tend to 'project' myself onto my character, which also may come from the whole "how would real humans react to these scenarios" thing. I feel that how i personally may react to a situation may not be entirely different from how others might also react. Sort of.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I also have to vote for the Protoss.

I'd also like to give a mention to the Tauren from WoW. They're the only Horde race I really, really like.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011

- Adorable
- Badass
- Intelligent
- Inventors of WoW Steampunk

Gnomes are simply the most awesome things. Ever.

I wish more RPG games had gnomes that looked that cool.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
I'm generally big on insectoid species. Though mass effect's elkor are pretty awesome. Also, WoW has walrus men that ride turtles.

oh Illithid are cool too, but they aren't technically a video game species.

UkuleleSlayer

Apr 5, 2010
Khajiit definitely for me. Cool philosophy in some of the books they have floating around in elder scroll games, even thought they are a bit silly.