Your favourites of the Mass Effect series' squad members.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
So in light of the terrible endings I thought it would nice to discuss something positive about the Mass Effect.
So over the course of the Mass Effect series we got to have a wide variety of squad mates in our team to help us along the way and keep us company, from Humans to Asari and to Geth.

Firstly, overall who is your favourite Mass Effect squad mate and why? Also, in an ideal world in a team of 6 who would you have in your squad out of all the choices of members over the trilogy?

For me personally, my favourite squad member would likely have to be (and this is tough), Liara as not only was she my primary LI but I thought she was the most interesting of my squadies.

In an ideal team of 6 however I would have in my team:
.Liara
.Garrus
.Legion
.Thane
.Wrex
.Mordin

Now your turn! :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
They were almost all excellent characters. The only one I didn't much like was Zaeed. He had zero depth and they tried too hard to make him "badass".

My personal favourites would come down to Liara and Wrex.

Liara wasn't that great in the first game, but she was absolutely fantastic in LotSB and ME3. That scene with her "project" was hugely endearing. Granted, her character development throughout the course of the series was clumsy. Rather than show her changing first hand (a la Mordin) they just made her suddenly shift gears then explained it later.

As for Wrex, he was just plain boss. Plus I liked how far he came over the series, from a grumpy bounty hunter with no future beyond hired violence to the saviour of his entire race. I felt, for lack of a better word, oddly proud of him.

Honourable mentions go to Jack, Mordin, Legion, Ashley, Samara, Garrus, Tali, Grunt... yeah, it's a long list.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Thane was my absolute favorite cause he was very interesting and I generally liked hearing his story. Not to mention he was hot and my love interest.

As for a top 6 -
Thane
Garrus
Legion
Wrex
Jack
Tali

But liked pretty much all of the characters to some extent, even James Vega and Javik who some people are down on. Ashley and Miranda I didn't much care for but I still was able to see them as good people, just not my favorites. The only character that I didn't like that I had on my crew was that Diana Allers chick -_- yeah she just....*sigh*...glad I barely had to talk to her.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Screamarie said:
Thane was my absolute favorite cause he was very interesting and I generally liked hearing his story. Not to mention he was hot and my love interest.

As for a top 6 -
Thane
Garrus
Legion
Wrex
Jack
Tali

But liked pretty much all of the characters to some extent, even James Vega and Javik who some people are down on. Ashley and Miranda I didn't much care for but I still was able to see them as good people, just not my favorites. The only character that I didn't like that I had on my crew was that Diana Allers chick -_- yeah she just....*sigh*...glad I barely had to talk to her.
Oh god yeah, Diana Allers... That thing. I hate that thing.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
In no particular order...

Thane
Garrus
Mordin
Legion
Jack
Tali

I did like all of them though.

DAMN YOU KAI LENG!

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
My favorites: Garrus, Thane, Legion, Wrex, Mordin

And that's pretty much it. I don't really hate any of the characters, just don't like them as much; especially when they had no characterization or just showed up

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Flamezdudes said:
Screamarie said:

As for a top 6 -
Thane
Garrus
Legion
Wrex
Jack
Tali

Oh god yeah, Diana Allers... That thing. I hate that thing.
I will give Chob...Chobots...is that it? I will give her voice actor SOME credit in that she did a relatively...acceptable job in voicing her...it stood out so bad when compared to how amazing all the other voice acting is, definetely some inexperience there, but yeah...it wasn't glaringly flat reading of a script.

Other than that...no...I hated her. I couldn't stand talking to her, I only accepted her because I wanted to make certain I had ever last little single possible war asset I could get...but between the clothes (not that it was skimpy but that it was skimpy in a really unattractive way. I mean I was like your boobs should be falling out now...like 10 seconds ago.) and the fact that there's something off about her face...like she's had 10 too many face lifts. And to top it all off she was totally useless. I don't know what person would romance her but they had to have serious mental issues.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
If I could have a six-character dream team... I'd probably go with (in no particular order)...

1. Garrus
2. Tali
3. Mordin
4. Jack
5. Liara
6. Wrex

Honorable mentions go to Legion and EDI.

The only squad members I never particularly cared for were Miranda and Jacob. I couldn't stand Miranda's personality and Jacob's lack of personality. In the past I've accused Ashley of having an unlikable personality just like Miranda, but at least Ashley had depth and character. I felt absolutely nothing toward Miranda as a character beyond disgust every time she started spouting BS about how perfect she is in every way. Similarly, in the past I've accused Kaidan of also being somewhat lacking in personality like Jacob, but at least his character had more depth and didn't feel so completely throwaway. By the end of ME2 I knew pretty much nothing about Jacob other than that his dad is apparently a horny bastard.

That said, I haven't seen how having either Miranda or Jacob as a love interest changes things in ME2/ME3... so maybe my opinion of them might change, I don't know. But as it stands, those are the only two I can honestly say I don't like at all.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
My top 6 in no particular order: Garrus, Wrex,Tali, Legion, Mordin, and Thane with honorable mentions to Grunt and Liara.

jensenthejman

Aug 22, 2011
If I had to pick just my top 6, they would be:

1.Garrus
2.Wrex
3.Mordin
4.Legion
5.Tali
6.Liara

I would also include Thane, Miranda, and Kaiden. I was hoping for this roster in ME 3, but at least I got a few of the characters I wanted.

Dec 14, 2009
Garrus (best bro fo live, dawg!)
Tali (adorable with a shotgun)
Legion (robot Jesus)
Wrex (krogan badass)
Mordin (patter songs)
Liara (mind flailing info broker)

Honestly, I like all the characters, but the aliens are infinitely more interesting than the humans.

Garrus and Tali are definitely my favourites, if only because they've been with me since the very beginning.

Everyone else bailed at some stage, but not Garrus and Tali, my partners is crime.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Oh god this is a tough one, because I liked almost all the characters available. If I had to pick an absolute favorite though, I'd have to give it to Tali. She's always been there for Shepard when he needed her, and I felt her characterization and story were the coolest.

Top 6:
1. Tali
2. Garrus
3. Liara
4. Legion
5. Mordin
6. Samara

Honorable mentions for worst characters go to Ashley, Javik, and Zaeed. Ashley was a racist *****, Javik was just an ass to everyone, and Zaeed was an ass combined with an unneeded ego and a penchant for destruction that rubbed me the wrong way every time I spoke to him.

Interesting note: apparently people love the "sniper" characters(Garrus, Thane, Legion) more than any of the other characters based on what I'm seeing.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Top 6

1.Wrex (Been my favorite party member since the first)
2.Garrus (Close second to Wrex)
3.Legion (C'mon, everyone loves Legion)
4.Mordin (Everyone loves Mordin too)
5.Tali (She's probably my favorite Male love interest.)
6.Javik (Yes really. He left a great impression on me.)

I have to say I like all the party members though, not a single character I hated or found annoying including Kaidan and Jacob.