Your favourites of the Mass Effect series' squad members.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
1 Garrus(compliments my vanguard perfectly)
2 Miranda(slam plus overload equals perfect utility player)
3 EDI(her decoy ability is so perfect)
4 Tali(shotgun queen who can pick locks, nothing's faster than chickitcka vas paus)
5 Ashley(pure soldier, the reason Kaiden never makes it to part two)
6 Javik(slam and dark channel, too good to leave behind)

A very hard list to pare down, I like most all of the companions

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Ashley - she has a decent arc and a good human perspective.
Tali - the little sister of the Normandy family and symbol of the ship's melting pot group.
Wrex - because he's Wrex.
Mordin - a quasi-mad genius is the perfect healer.
Jack - because she's badass and gives Cerberus' victims a name and face.
Samara - fills the "fallen knight finding redemption" trope in a unique way.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
I just wanna get this out of the way: if there was an option to recruit every character from ME1 to ME3, I'd do it in a hearbeat. They're ALL so bloody awesome...

Garrus (BFF!
Liara (So sweet)
Wrex (I'm sorry he was only in my squad on virmire now that i've seen some of his dialogue... "They're fools, you should eat them!")
Tali (I'd romance her in 3 if I thought it would be worth the extra dialogue. Not so much =/)
Legion (Need I say more?)
eh... Thane. Not an easy choice even from among the remaining contenders, but Thane is bloody awesome. He's like a monk mixed with an assassin. Done well. THAT'S sweet =O

Mordin gets honorable mention for some dialogue that was truly hilarious and some that was truly insightful.

("I am the very model of a scientist salarian~" "I MADE A MISTAKE!!... I made a mistake. Focused on big picture. Big picture made up of small pictures, too many variables.")

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Eddie the head said:
AuronFtw said:
Also - wtf @ the prothean having a cheesy pseudo-jamaican accent?
It's African. I have no idea how so many people mistake that for a Jamaican accent.
Whatever the accent, I think Javik more than made up for it with his brilliant deadpan lines :)

If he had've been around for more than the one game I think he could easily have made my favourite characters list.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
You only need one, and he is the Turian Garrus Vakarian.
But I would always fill the second spot with Thane, that man is a legend

Yet to play ME3 so I don't know about the new squad member's

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Top 6:

Tali
Garrus
Legion
Joker (yes I'm putting him here, hes that awesome)
Mordin
Thane

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
For me, my favourite squad member in terms of sheer usefulness was Miranda. She's the only one who had both Warp and Overload powers. Other than her, I liked Liara and Garrus - again, due to Warp and Overload, respectively. I used those abilities so much, they're more useful than anything else once powered up fully.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
Garrus
Vega (just because he has some pretty awesome banter with Garrus. Call me a blasphemer, but I stand by it)
Tali
Legion
Wrex
Grunt
Samara

Elliott Curtiss

Apr 19, 2011
1. Garrus
2. Ashley
3. Grunt
4. Zeed

that's all I remember but after I'm done with my 2nd play-through of ME3, I'm going to go back and create a new shep in ME1. I miss the mako and ground-based missions.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
blizzaradragon said:
Interesting note: apparently people love the "sniper" characters(Garrus, Thane, Legion) more than any of the other characters based on what I'm seeing.
I'm not sure the fact that they are snipers has much to do with. Those three characters just got the best backstory, personality, and bad-ass levels.

This is, personally how I see it.

Garrus is loved because he is seen as that one guy who could make a difference in C-sec, but it unable to because of the rules. This means that when he joins your crew he has a appreciation of the rules, and why they are in place, but now that he works for a spectre, he can choose to ignore them if he wishes.

Also the lines about females loving scars.... but usually female Krogan, and the comments about reach and flexibility. And the romance scene between him and femshep is just make of awesome.

Thane is loved because he is this sort of doomed assasin. He has done some terrible things in his life, yet they won't be what kills him. He is sort of a tragic character, but one that never lets his fate get him down.

And Legion is loved because...... well he's a freakin' bad-ass robot that dances!!! And has a bit of Shepards old armour attached to his body.

That's why I love all those characters. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't love them for the fact they are a sniper. I love them because they are bad-ass, epic, funny, and because one of them is a dancing robot!!

ScaryAlmond

Sep 12, 2011
Okay hears my top 6 actually hard to pick
Tali
Garrus
Liara
Mordin
Thane
Kasumi

Everyone loves Tali yet to find someone who doesn't Me3 drunk tali made me lol hard
Garrus didn't care for him in ME1 but now he is awesome the batman of Omega
Liara Acting in 3 was great and the relationship was well built
Loved Thane and Mordins death but hated how they were just copied with different characters
Kasumi I like for her personality she was funny and smart she was one of the few that was an independent character that didn't crave for your approval its weird she was the only human that was mildly interesting Kaiden was okay but not great

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Elamdri said:
Garrus. Garrus Mother******* Vakarian

I swear to god there needs to be a re-imagining of Mass Effect as a buddy cop movie starring Shepard and Garrus.
And I thought I was the only one.. Personally I would like to see a Garrus/Jackie Chan movie. He beats whoever else would be teaming up with him, besides.. Jackie Chan in space. It fits because Garrus never really kills anyone either, Fist. Harkin. He always ends up shooting them in the foot or kicking them in the face, but never actually kills em.

Top 6.

Garrus (My bro)
Wrex (My second bro)
Joker (Loyal Friend)
Mordin (Mad Scientist)
Tali ( . . . Tali)
Legion (Well, this doesnt really count as it would be almost twothousand and as such not make a top-6. But lets just take the most reasonable one of them and make him there, and then the thousands of them as a tie)

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
My 6 man/women /alien team:

Tali,
Garrus,
Legion,
Mordin,
Grunt,
Thane.

My favorite has to be Tali. Best love interest in the game and also all her talks about the Quarion people have always been fascinating.