Your "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU" Moments...

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
12 hours into Dragon Age: Origins, I realised I'd left Sten and Leliana behind back in Lothering, which had been burned to the ground since then.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
The first real fight against Fugue in Eternal Sonata. Why can that fucking fuck go two fucking times in a fucking row? Why the fuck does he have so many fucking damaging attacks? WHY WON'T HE FUCKING DIE? Fucking Fugue. Fuck that guy. I threw the fucking case with the fucking disc inside it at my fucking wall. Didn't fucking break though. Oh, and I refuse to fucking grind because it takes so fucking long. Have I said fuck or fucking enough yet? No? Well, fuck.

Oh, can't forget that time in Pokemon Platinum where some random trainer had his bird use Double Team six times in a row. Rage was plentiful that day. And then there was that one time my party was underleveled but I still managed to get through the Elite Four and to the Champion. Her Milotic swept my team up after a long battle. Didn't happen for a second time though.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
5-0 said:
That Circle the Airstrip mission in San Andreas. That was just one big FUUUUUUUU. So glad I completed the Flight School now.
I second that. I was prepared to do some serious damage to something out of RAGE due to the flying in that game. I'll also add the Zero missions to that as well. Those damned remote controlled helicopters were the bane of my miserable life. But what a buzz when I finally did it!

OT: My most FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU moments have come from Star Fox Adventures. Three different sections in that drove me round the twist:

- The test of fear. Fuck fear, more like the test of frustration. FFFFUUUUU!
- Some on rails shooting section where you had to shoot 4 towers that were spewing missles at you and you had no way to dodge so you had to shoot them down with real precision... only the controls were inverted and there was no way to change them to the way I liked it... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!
- A stupid section inside a temple near the end where you had to use precision aiming, very quick timing and poor controls all together to shoot some crystals through specific coloured flames to unlock a fucking dooor aaahhhhhhh! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
5-0 said:
That Circle the Airstrip mission in San Andreas. That was just one big FUUUUUUUU. So glad I completed the Flight School now.
Oh dear lord, this by far. I had the great pleasure of playing this game on a laptop, which made for wildly awkward and super sensitive flight controls too. It took me two and a half hours to just beat this one little chunk of flight school, and then I just walked away for a while when I found out that the next challenge was to do the same thing over again and then land the damn plane.

Also that mission where you had to catch up to the bigger plane and then fly into the back of it, seeing as you had to fly on a perfectly straight path to maintain enough speed to catch up, which on a laptop meant not touching the super sensitive mouse nub which would send you into a nose dive if you sneezed on it

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I never beat San Andreas because of it's flying missions. Have to get brother to do Flight School and I can only do a couple missions by myself.

I am not a flyer when it comes to GTA games. At all.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Launcelot111 said:
5-0 said:
Oh dear lord, this by far. I had the great pleasure of playing this game on a laptop, which made for wildly awkward and super sensitive flight controls too. It took me two and a half hours to just beat this one little chunk of flight school, and then I just walked away for a while when I found out that the next challenge was to do the same thing over again and then land the damn plane.

Also that mission where you had to catch up to the bigger plane and then fly into the back of it, seeing as you had to fly on a perfectly straight path to maintain enough speed to catch up, which on a laptop meant not touching the super sensitive mouse nub which would send you into a nose dive if you sneezed on it
I'm also playing on a laptop. My problem was I kept accidentally going back to the mission select screen by pressing enter. I eventually had to change that. I'm not even gonna estimate the amount of time it took to do that mission, and the one afterwards. Far too long.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Had a chance to play some Modern Warfare 3 this past weekend.

All I have to say is FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUcking campers.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
The Gentleman said:
Pokemon White: Literally traversed a zone and went through an entire gym before shutting my DS off... without saving... four hours lost.
I went through a similar experience way back when I was playing Pokemon Red as a kid. Ever since then, I've made a habit of saving my game for every damn 30 steps I take. Paranoia is taking over man...

OT: Whenever I play Mario Kart, when I hold first place for the entire three laps and when I am mere seconds away from the finish line, Mr Blue Shell wants to have a word with me...

TheKmanofAwesometon

Jan 30, 2011
Dark Souls NG++, finishing up the new londo ruins when I get killed, dropping my sizable collection of 99 humanity and 184k souls on the ground. Since I've only ever died once and permenantly lost souls, I was feeling fairly confident in getting them back. I respawned at Firelink Shrine and started heading to the elevator down, whereupon I glitched off a ledge and fell to my death.....

I almost threw my PS3 out the window.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
When I saw that I literally hadn't played a single game on the PSN's new PS2 store. I was too fucking annoyed, what a shitty line up, I'm just hoping it bucks it's content up soon, GIVE ME STATE OF EMERGENCY DAMMIT!

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
I'm just finished harvesting seeds in Minecraft, and I walk over to the crafting table to make myself a hoe in order to start farming again.
I right-click on the table
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-BOOM!
I never found my house again, since my bed was destroyed.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I got hit so hard I passed the FUUUUUUUU! moment entirely.

I was playing X-Com: UFO Defense. Times were good. I had lasers and armor (I tend to focus on the mobility of flying armor over say, plasma). I got power armor. I gave it to a captain. Captain takes one step out onto the ramp of the skyranger and gets gunned down.

A rookie in the back of the plain freaks. He goes berserk. He cut down three-quarters of the remaining squad like that. I literally had a human BSOD. I don't move for five minutes.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Playing through Castlevania 1.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Holy fuck, this game is hard, it's so hard, dude!

It's awesome, but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Especially since it doesn't have a password system FUUUU-

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
5-0 said:
Launcelot111 said:
5-0 said:

I'm also playing on a laptop. My problem was I kept accidentally going back to the mission select screen by pressing enter. I eventually had to change that. I'm not even gonna estimate the amount of time it took to do that mission, and the one afterwards. Far too long.
God, I'm sorry for you right now. I never had the issue with hitting enter, and I'm very grateful for that looking back. Wasn't there something about the plane that needed to be controlled with the page up/down keys or something? The rest of the game was fine for me(manual aiming was great), but those flight controls were the stuff of nightmares. Anyway, I later revisited Flight School playing on Xbox and it only took two tries to circle the damn airstrip. Just adding insult to injury

Commander CC

Apr 1, 2009
Spoilers for ending of Mass effect 2 ahead, although I assume almost everyone in the universe has played it by this point.

Hence *SPOILER ALERT*

First playthrough. Things were going well, however a bug in the PC version meant I couldn't do every loyalty mission. We were at the Collector base. Everyone was still alive and I just saved humanity from the Human-Reaper hybrid thing and was heroically running back to the ship. I had taken Miranda and Thane along to help me kill it, and had left all the heavies behind as a rear guard.

Shepard asks Joker if the ground team made it....and it cuts to an image of Garrus' corpse.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Suffice to say that wasn't my "canon" ending.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Happened to me today. Protip: do not trust HP's recovery software when it says one or more recovery options only delete certain folders. They lie. I had my entire hard drive wiped today, with no backups. The good news is the only thing I really lost is some old notes and homework, and a free copy of Broken Sword 1 from Good old Games. The bad news is reinstalling everything is going to be a *****. However, it fixed my problems; Geek Squad is so incompetent that they can't even remove their own bloatware that they put on display laptops without screwing things up. Why they didn't just reformat it in the first place, I'll never know.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was playing FF Crystal Chronicles, and I forgot to save all through the game from the start. I got to the carnival place and got literally gangraped by a bunch of enemies. I was pissed too because all the pathways were convieniant.

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
DanteLives said:
Fire Spirits on Uncharted 3 Crushing. Nearly killed them all then one appears out of nowhere and throws some sort of molotov that i cannot throw back which is a one hit kill. Raged quite a lot because it was a cheap kill from a cheap enemy.
I feel your pain. It sucks extra hard when you realize you're getting owned by an enemy that Drake is just hallucinating.
OT: Mine would be in WoW, when I've spent a lot of time traveling, and I forget to set my Hearthstone to a new town. And I, of course, have to be a jackass and use it, sending me back half way across the map. I know I can usually just fly at least part of the way back, but still; FUUUUUU

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Every time in Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Dragon Age when I forget to save and lose hours of gameplay.

Also falling into lava with a haul of diamonds in Minecraft drove me to such FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so many times that I plugged in the Death Chest mod. I told myself I'd build my big castle with no mods, in SSP. But just too much FUUUUU to not cheat.