Your First Ever Pre-Ordered Game

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Pokemon Stadium 2. No idea why but I usually pre-order games that don't have any bonus stuff like art books or limited edition cases, etc.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
I think it was Kingdom Hearts 2 for me. I was in...8th grade, so whatever age that is.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Hmmm, no pre-ordered games for me :p I just buy over steam the day it comes out if Im rich at the time (or go to the local gamestore).

Only things I pre-order are dvds... However, I was absolutely tempted to pre-order Mass Effect 2 then grew a brain tumor which made me forget to order it.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Zelda 64. I've only done this 3 times, and after watching the price of Mass Effect 2 drop sharply after it's first month have decided against doing it again. Besides, I'll be even more pissed when it goes GotY with all DLC included for less than the new one cost. It's sort of like pissing on the people that supported your game in the first place :/

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
I think it was Assassin's Creed 2 from Gamestop. I got the Medici palace map with it, which was well worth it, as I've lived in Florence for awhile and been to the Palazzo de Medici many times irl. It was nice to be able to virtually climb all over it/loot it.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I think my first was Final Fantasy 13, or some other game that came out around that time.

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII...biggest mistake gaming-wise I've ever made. Now I wasted 65 bucks instead of just 60 on that thing, but I was a shameless fanboy, can you blame me? At least the holographic cover was sort of cool...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure it was Halo 3. I'd pay about $20 for it today, but back then it seemed like the best series ever to me. I still kinda like it, but there's better things to play.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Akihiko said:
StBishop said:
gnargle said:
Casual Shinji said:
I've never pre-orderd a game in my life.

I think pre-ordering is only necessary in countries like America or Japan where there are still actual lines infront of gameshops. I don't think I've ever seen a line infront of a gameshop in Holland.
If you pre-order from GAME in the UK, you get the game the day before release or earlier.
Surely this is illegal.

I don't know how street dating works in the UK but in Australia you get fired if you sell a game before the street date and the company gets a fine somewhere in the tens or even hundreds of thousands.
They ship it out to you so you get it on release. Infact whether you get it a day before release entirely depends on royal mail and where you live. They aren't intentionally sending it out so you get it early, they're covering for themselves so you definitely get the game on the day of release, even if royal mail is slow.
Ahhh, I see. Most people that I know of that Pre-Order actually pick up the game in-store on release date. I've not heard of a pre-order delivery service before. It's incredibly strict in Australia, to the point that I think most companies would rather deliver a game late than accidentally break the street date.

Of course this only applies to some games. We've had games come in where there simply was no street date and we were able to sell them as soon as they arrived but on other occasions we were forbidden on pain of firing (and the wrath of our incredibly intimidating 2ic) from selling games.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Soul Calibur II for Gamecube.

Why? Because I got a sweet art cell of Link for doing so.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Chrono Trigger DS. Was it worth £25? I'd have to say no, I'm rather disappointed that the section of the game I was on (which I'd assumed was around the middle of the game) was actually fairly close to the end...
I didn't even get a pre-order bonus. Yay for play.com.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
My first, and so far only, preorder was Mass Effect 2. I usually wait until the reviews come out, or until I have enough money, or just forget about buying it and only do so in five years when everyone else forgets about it. But, damn it, I loved the first Mass Effect so much that I just had to play ME2 as soon as possible!