Your first game..

FenrirsWilly

Sep 15, 2008
Lode Runner. Hell if I can even remember what the plot was, I just remember being in some kind of heated competition with my older sister and our father over who could make it further, I believe I was 5 at the time and have no clue as to who actually made it further. I'm also reasonably sure that it came on one of those large 3" x 3" black floppy behemoth disks we had back in the day, PC gaming at its finest.

For all that, it was fun.

Quel0

Sep 12, 2008
if this counts... my first "game" was a handheld LCD game somewhat like

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-TIGER-ELECTRONIC-HANDHELD-LCD-GAME-CAR-RACING-INS_W0QQitemZ380053950826QQihZ025QQcategoryZ11988QQcmdZViewItem

but it was even older than that... my parents wouldn't allow me a nintendo or whatnot... that's why I pushed the computer idea =P and eventually made building a computer a "project" little did they know that it was actually a front to play privateer =)

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time for the PS1. Good game I remember. That or the laughably bad Porsche Challenge. Come on! I was 5!

FezBoy

Sep 15, 2008
It was either Thinkin' Things for Windows 3.1; Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins; or Tetris for the same.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
My very first game was Lemmings on an old DOS computer. That was when I was three. My first serious game was Starcraft, which I got nine or so.

onikage567

Sep 17, 2008
i can't remember if it was either sonic 2 for sega megadrive, time crisis or mortal kombat on the gameboy

Cyborg_Incognito

Sep 18, 2008
I've watched my dad play games since i was in nappies, but first time i picked up a controller I was... ooh? 5, Resident Evil 2 =)

prolly not the best game to start off with...

first game i completed without crapping myself was Pokemon Yellow. Captain Zapp ftw!!

Humanfishboy

Aug 9, 2008
My dad had an old computer, not sure what type.
When I was 4 years old, we had Worms on a floppy disc and we'd play that together... I still have a memory of him planting a stick of dynamite near me, getting stuck and killing us both :p

At around the same time I also played Superfrog, also by Team 17. Nobody except me seems to know what it is, but it was a wikipedia article :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfrog <-- find it and play it! It kicks sonic the hedgehog's butt

StickManRampage

Sep 18, 2008
Tempest X for Playstation lol, best part is its still the best game ever in my book, well right after battlefield bad company :D

rryyann

Aug 4, 2008
Pokemon Blue for Gameboy Color
But I bought Mario Kart 64 and me and my friend shared it on his N64 if that counts.

Sensei Le Roof

Jul 2, 2008
An old Atari Pong/Hockey console. No cartridge slot, and four paddle controllers that couldn't connect with anything else.

FenrirsWilly post=9.70970.730385 said:
Lode Runner. Hell if I can even remember what the plot was, I just remember being in some kind of heated competition with my older sister and our father over who could make it further, I believe I was 5 at the time and have no clue as to who actually made it further. I'm also reasonably sure that it came on one of those large 3" x 3" black floppy behemoth disks we had back in the day, PC gaming at its finest.

For all that, it was fun.
Ah, the 5 1/4" floppy. I remember it well. I still have several dozen, actually, for use with my C-128 on those occasions I feel like hooking the thing up.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Legend of Zelda: Link's awakening on the game boy. I remember finishing it at 1am on a school nite. Next day was awsome!