Your first game..

Psychedeliasmith

Jan 1, 2008
Horace Goes Skiing was the first game I ever played, but the first game I owned was Pooyan, which was the heartbreaking tale of a pig on a lift. It doesn't end well.

Invader Ezri

Sep 11, 2008
I think it was the first Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Or maybe Megaman X. I don't remember, it was so long ago.

Magugag

Jun 25, 2008
Legend of Zelda! The original one. Maybe Metroid before that. I'm really fuzzy on the details because I was three when I first got a Nintendo. Beyond that, I remember some Simpsons game from my childhood... Don't remember what it's called, I never beat it. I was too young to have the focus. You went around spray-painting things, I think.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
Space Quest 1 and PGA Tour Golf. Both on my brand spanking new $1800 386DX full tower PC.

Yes, I am old.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
The first one I actually owned was Strike Commander CD, a DOS air combat game in the style of Wing Commander but featuring F-16s and mercenary pilots in Turkey rather than alien cats in space.

Must've played it through three times before I started playing other games. Good times, good times.

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
The original Golden Sun for GBA. Dont look at me like that, it took me a while to notice gaming existed.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Pac-Man, in 1982, when my mom gave me (age five) a quarter and let me play the game on a tabletop cabinet while she settled the restaurant bill.

How do I remember such a thing so vividly? Well, I might be a hair off on the year (but I'm pretty sure I was in kindergarten), but the Chinese restaurant in question still had that Pac-Man machine when I was in high school.

bottom

Aug 26, 2008
Desert strike...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Strike:_Return_to_the_Gulf#Desert_Strike:_Return_to_the_Gulf

beautiful

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure mine was Pac-Man on the Atari 2600, but not sure. Might have been Super Mario Bros on NES.