Your first gaming memory

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I remember when I was young, playing Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt on my NES, along with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, occasionally Castlevania, and also some football game where I'd be the Cleveland Crunch since it was made during the era the Browns weren't around, so I want to say I was 6-8 years old.

My favorite memory of gaming is the Christmas me and my sister each got a gameboy color and I got Pokemon Silver Version.

MayOrMayNotBeMurloc

Feb 10, 2010
The Original Sonic game. I just remember everyone i talked to having trouble on the robotnik for Labyrinth zone haha. They didnt seem to realize you just had to make it to the top, and not actually fight him haha.

AlanShore

Nov 26, 2009
Adrimor said:
Space Quest IV.

God, I miss when point-and-clicks were fun. They just don't make good ones anymore :/
Same here. I absolutely loved the Sierra adventure games, even though you seemed to die every other step and never see it coming!

My first memory was getting an Amiga 500 for Christmas when I was 4 and playing RoboCod. The product placement in that game was absolutely shameful.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Probably Pong at one of my relatives houses on thanksgiving or xmas. Some time in the late 70's if I recall properly.

Nebr66

Aug 8, 2008
My first gaming memory was Wolfenstein 3D when I was about 7. My parents failed at hiding it.

EDIT: wait, something about camels/llamas i think, can't remember what it was called.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
hmmm crash bash for the playstation sure it was a party game but I remember playing this game with my friend all the time that and crash's racing game forget what it's called I think it's called crash racing or something like that

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
It was a game called Gyro Boy. You moved around on a hover board shooting robots. I loved that game.

DocGrimm

Apr 8, 2009
Playing Super Mario Bros. 3 with my dad. We still break out the nes and play a few levels when i go to visit, the classics never get old.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Adrimor said:
Toar said:
Adrimor said:
Space Quest IV.

God, I miss when point-and-clicks were fun. They just don't make good ones anymore :/
Space Quest 6 was my fav! I remember the Termenator was in the basement of a bar and would turn you inside out if you didn't LEAVE NOW! Those were great! I actually found a collection at FYE for about ten bucks. Had 1-6. I wonder why they stopped making them? They were popular at the time.
I actually bought the collection from Amazon not long ago myself. I used to have 4-6 separately (5 was on floppy disks D:), but lost 'em all. I'm kind of impressed with myself that I didn't just pirate them, actually :V

They stopped making them due to some combination of executive meddling (point-and-clicks as a genre were dying by then, apparently, though there was a seventh game planned) and Scott Murphy (the programmer for all the games but 5) quitting Sierra.

6 was awesome too. 4 (the one I named :V) was actually kinda dark (though I loved it anyway), which is apparently because Scott was getting sick of making them, if memory serves.

I dunno, though--6 seemed like a good ending to the series even so. Roger went out like he came in, y'know? A bumbling space janitor who somehow makes good :)
True, I coudn't ask for a better ending. Ha-ha, fish... Oh how time flys.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Adrimor said:
AlanShore said:
Adrimor said:
Space Quest IV.

Same here. I absolutely loved the Sierra adventure games, even though you seemed to die every other step and never see it coming!
Ahh, those were the days.
Though pretty much everyone and his brother started making point-and-clicks toward the end, right? Including some really god-awful ones, if memory serves.
Especially Myst. Seriously, what the hell was that D:<

My first memory was getting an Amiga 500 for Christmas when I was 4 and playing RoboCod. The product placement in that game was absolutely shameful.
...is everyone who remembers point-and-clicks older than I am? o.o
Toar said:
Adrimor said:
Toar said:
Adrimor said:
Space Quest IV.

Space Quest 6 was my fav! I remember the Termenator was in the basement of a bar and would turn you inside out if you didn't LEAVE NOW! Those were great! I actually found a collection at FYE for about ten bucks. Had 1-6. I wonder why they stopped making them? They were popular at the time.
I actually bought the collection from Amazon not long ago myself. I used to have 4-6 separately (5 was on floppy disks D:), but lost 'em all. I'm kind of impressed with myself that I didn't just pirate them, actually :V

They stopped making them due to some combination of executive meddling (point-and-clicks as a genre were dying by then, apparently, though there was a seventh game planned) and Scott Murphy (the programmer for all the games but 5) quitting Sierra.

6 was awesome too. 4 (the one I named :V) was actually kinda dark (though I loved it anyway), which is apparently because Scott was getting sick of making them, if memory serves.

I dunno, though--6 seemed like a good ending to the series even so. Roger went out like he came in, y'know? A bumbling space janitor who somehow makes good :)
True, I coudn't ask for a better ending. Ha-ha, fish... Oh how time flys.
Indeed.
brb, replaying the entire series
We have seriously quoted until I have lost my place. maybe we sould open a post on old point-and-cick games. Seems that there are several here who are interested.

Typhusoid

Nov 20, 2008
Playing through the tutorial level of Spiderman 1 on the christmas I first got my PS2. That was a good christmas.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Treasure Island Dizzy on ZX Spectrum, so awesome. The five minute load time was worth the wait.