Your first gaming memory

fatmantrebor

Dec 7, 2009
Playing the original Age of Empires demo aged about five. I had no idea what I was doing just got destroyed over and over again.

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
My first system was NES, but I got it at the release of N64...

And my grandparents bought my N64 because I was in total awe of it at best buy. (I literally stood there with my jaw on the floor, then the kid test playing it let me have a try at it...)

AlanShore

Nov 26, 2009
Adrimor said:
You're only a few years younger than I am, but it does seem as if fewer and fewer gamers have even heard of point and click let alone actually played any of the classics. Shame really.

Tell me about it, the great ones were truly great, but the bad ones were horrendously bad (particularly anything that was FMV based) with almost nothing in the middle. One I had a real love-hate relationship with was The Colonel's Bequest. That game was so hard, and I believe it was one of the first games to have events happening in real-time, but it somehow created a really creepy atmosphere.

I actually really liked Myst, and even if you didn't like it you had to admire its originality. Riven and the other sequels I couldn't get into though, to call those games abstract would be a massive understatement!

markstit

Mar 9, 2009
Crash Bandicoot on my new PS1! i loved that game so much except for the damn chase levels! :)
I forgot about that game.

I wonder where i put that PS1, and the games for it?

Dose anyone know of any PS1 emulators? and a Crash Bandicoot rom?

EDIT: Damn, FolkLikePanda beat me to it.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Playing good old Mario on the Nintendo oh how i hated the phrase "Sorry but the princess is in another Castle"

z0nbie

Jan 20, 2009
I forget how young I actually was ... but I was playing my dad's new Atari2600 and moving a bock around... attached an arrow to it and killed a dragon ... grabbed a key and died ... repeat for months ... "Adventure" was still an amazing game for the time and always will be my first gaming memory

FretfulGnome

Jan 11, 2010
Playing Mega Man 6 and wondering why the fuck that game was so hard. I was only six or seven, and I remember finally beating one of the bosses, Centaur Man. Now that I think about it, that was the first boss I'd ever beaten in a video game. Good memories, I wish I still had my NES. Games on the NES were simple compared to today's standards, but they were damn fun.

Kramcake2516

Feb 8, 2010
Negative said:
Pokemon Red, picking bulbasaur then fighting my arch nemisis "Bumface".

I was an immature child.
Haha i did something like this on zelda called link git was so funny everyone calling me git "THE HERO OF HYRULE GIT HAS ARRIVED!!"

TheTrips

Feb 10, 2010
Playing Space Harrier on the Master System and never being able to beat the fist boss...

nickster1

Sep 29, 2008
I can't remember the game but it was for N64 and you got to play as wildy the coyote and steal sheep. I think there were a few other games on the cartridge like a Atlantis game and a pyro game

P.S Pyro is awesome (in his earlier games)

Stoorm_

Dec 22, 2009
The green grass on the sonic the hedgehog for sega saturn?
man i loved that game
sucked horribly because i was like 4 then
but dam
good times

morphyx_69

Mar 5, 2009
I don't remember the name of the game but it was a top down racing game that I used to play with 2 of my neighbours before school and it was on the commadore 64.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Feb 26, 2009
Hiding behind the couch when I first tried to leave the mansion in Resident Evil. 3-4 year old+creepy animated zombie dog=nightmares for a week.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Age of Empires II, when i was about 9 years old was my first official game.

I had played some games that came with our computer (including Chip and some Skii game), and some learing games in school. They got me interested in gaming, but i guess they dont really count.

Kramcake2516

Feb 8, 2010
Typhusoid said:
Playing through the tutorial level of Spiderman 1 on the christmas I first got my PS2. That was a good christmas.
Love the tutorials on spiderman bruce campbell rocks !!!!! lol just thought id share that