Your First MMO?

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
Eve-Online, and i still play it, had some hiatus' ive been playing for like 7 years in all. also played Guild Wars will play Guild Wars 2, tried WoW went in biased didn't hate but didn't like, played some browser based but not many.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I played Runescape for a but I got bored because I never bought a membership and haven't played any others.

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
tthor said:
I have played many MMOs in my past, (such as Runescape, Flyff, Perfect World, Shadowbane, Guild Wars, MapleStory, and a couple others,). But I'll never forget my first MMO, Kingdom of Drakkar. I started playing this when i was 10, and later at 13. the game was quite primitive in many ways, espesually the graphics. the game was practically 2d, (it apparently at one time use to be a text-based MMO,)
http://www.mmoginfo.com/imagenes/foto_kingdom_of_drakkar.jpg
I can't help but look back at this game with nostalgia, and all the fun I had in that world.

So, what MMOs have you played? What was the first MMO you ever played?
diablo 2 and a good one to start with in my opinion

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
Zekksta said:
Runescape as a kid

Delved into Guild Wars

Then played WoW.

WoW clearly the best designed, I don't play anymore but yeah. A gem of the MMO industry.
i know everyone has a different answer to this but i thought d2 would have been the gem its still popular

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Runescape

Then guildwars

Then wow

Then Warhammer online

Then wow

Then guildwars

So year, Runescape was my first. Was good as a first, but I wouldn't go back. I no memebers is like £2.50 but I'm playing Guildwars till GW2 comes out. Which should be soon since they hav started to release in game missions linking the two games. Just like Bioware are doing for ME2, but the updates for GW are free.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Lots and lots of FFXI, played for a total of about 2 and a half years and my main character has ~230 days of play.

I had been looking forward to WoW for a long time and picked it up at lunch but didn't care much for it, only got to level 30 as a druid taren and about 15 as a hunter.

I'd love to play FFXI again but MMORPGS just consume too much time.

Jadesprite

Jan 8, 2011
My first MMO was Perfect World. I still play it, actually, because a) it's free and b) it's actually pretty good. I think the main reason is because it has daily quests to cut down on grinding, even though those quests are still pretty repetitive. It seemingly does the impossible by getting better and more developed with each expansion. There are still assholes everywhere, but that's what's to be expected with this species.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I've played plenty of MMOs, never WoW though.

My first MMO though? Runescape, before I found out there were a lot better, less uptight, less snobbish games out there.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Im really not sure whether AdventureQuest was an MMO (I think it is now), but I can still remember the day I realized the entirety of that game was just pressing "Attack" for hours on end.
I then moved on to RuneScape, enjoyed it for a while, but then I discovered WoW.

I thought, "OMG INCREDIBLE GRAPHIXX MUST PLAY NOAW!", and moved to WoW.

After 2 realm changes and... 3 character adjustments, I was put off by Cataclysm - it felt like Blizzard were charging for content that I should already be getting (C'mon Blizz, I already pay £45 twice a year...).
So now I'm withought a good MMO. I have a horrible feeling that one day WoW will wrap it's tendrils round my feeble mind once more and I'll carry on paying far too much for the same grinding... but at least my gear will be pretty :>

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
Runescape though never a member, then delved into a few other free ones before settling on Guild wars which I still play 5 years on.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
I started on Maple Story. I played it for a few months, then after awhile I just stopped. I just wasn't into it anymore. (I turned 16 lol. My bday is tomorrow (; ) my friends had introduced me but they were on other worlds.

PhoenixBlade

Jan 2, 2010
EVE: Online was my proper first but there were a few before that cruel mistress but they dont really count.